Nightmare at 200,000 feet (OOC)

Supercape

That works for me, although I would rule that for a side effect to be a side effect, it should be equal rank to the power in question i.e. Damage 10 and Nauseate 10.

That means Fort Save goes to Bruised, Dazed, and Staggered. And Nauseate is still Helpless! :0

And that just, just hits! (Gremlin has a defence of 12!)

Gremlin also has partial immunity to technology, so its a rank 5 Drain Toughness and Rank 5 Damaged! :0!!!!

(Feel free to let the blood spurt on that one! - or you hit a nerve?) ;)

Onto the more positive!

1d20+12=13 A truly craptastic Reflex save, Toughness DRained -2...

and a better, but less impressive toughness roll vs DC 20.

1d20+2=17 Injured!

Post away.

Gremlins actions: Clamber onto the wing of the plane!

Round 3!!!!

18 - Glow - Injured, Fatigued, 2 Hero Points.

18 - Dok - Helpless, Bruised, 2 Hero Points.

12 - Gremlin - Injured, -2 Toughness.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That works for me, although I would rule that for a side effect to be a side effect, it should be equal rank to the power in question i.e. Damage 10 and Nauseate 10.

It goes by points, not rank, but since Dok's Helpless, the point's a tad moot.

(Wish I'd realized it was Defense 13, I would've saved the re-roll to re-do his Fort save vs. the Nausea! Ah, them's the breaks. Although, since I did fail that save as bad as I possibly could have, that should be enough of a setback to earn an HP, yes?)

(Also wish I'd figured a way to increase the Duration of the Damage, to represent Dok's nanites continuously chewing on the Gremlin's nanites.)

I think Kristin is injured x2 right?

Anyway, I had a couple of ideas for dealing with Gremlin. The first was to go out there with him. Which sounds a bit crazy at first, but seeing is the wing is presumably inside the force field bubble it should be possible.

The second plan would be to head to somewhere where she can see out a window and then stunt perception range TK off her main array. Are either of those feasible?

Okay, out onto the wing we go!

Is it just a move action to get out there, and do I need any rolls to do it?

Once she's out there her standard action will be to have another go at a telekinetic grapple on Gremlin. it's at +7 not +8 because of her fatigue which I forgot last time.

15 is probably a miss again right?

If so, I'll try a reroll. 3+7=10 which becomes 20 on a reroll. Invisible Castle just isn't my friend at the moment.

Just in case that does happen to hit our Gremlin: Grapple check! 28.

The plan if all of those things work was to fling the Gremlin off the wing. I'd imagine that she can throw him a fairly long way? :twisted:

I'm honestly not sure if it'd be a House Rule or not, since I don't think it's spelled out clearly in the RAW!

It's still in the plane, at the hole leading out to the wing, right?

Dok - 3 HP - Nauseated, Bruised

Nauseated characters can only take a single move action each round, meaning they are unable to attack (or take other standard actions) or move all out (or take other full-round actions).

Reaction: HP to gain a new feat, a new Alternate Power for Dok's Brain (2 HP now)

Move Action: Reconfigure Brain to the new stunt!

Drain Toughness 16 (Extras: Affects Objects, Range [Ranged]; Flaws: Distracting, Side Effect) [16/16PP]
    Side Effect: Damage 5 (Extra: Alternate Save [Fort]) {10} + Nauseate 11 {22) {10+22=32/32)
    (rank 16 effect + Attack +8 = PL 12 attack)
    Dok 'tells' the Nanites he just injected into the Gremlin to keep chewing. But some of the ones still in him chew more, too.

Free Action: Extra Effort to SURGE, gaining a Standard Action

Standard Action: Command nanites, i.e., attack

Gremlin's Defense is 22

To hit Gremlin (Defense 22) (1d20+8=18) so close!

To hit Gremlin (Defense 22); HP re-roll (1d20+8=14) +10 = 24 = hits!

Fort saves vs. Damage (DC 20) and Nauseate (DC 21) (1d20+4=16, 1d20+4=22) Damage fails by 4, so that's another Bruise (but not Dazed!), and Nauseate one passes, so no worsening of that.

Dok - 1 HP - Nauseated, Bruised x2, will be Fatigued at start of next round

A quick question on that Dok: The Stunt you are pulling would (to my mind) be a concentration or sustained duration damage attack as the nanites would keep eating as long as you "command" them too. In retrospect the initial stunt should probably have been that.

Also, Gremlin, like Glow is on the wing of the plane. Perception Range probably technically - or Indirect. Having said that, I'm happy to go with the above.

Technically, yes, I should have upped the Duration on the initial attack (I think I even admitted such in an earlier post), this is my attempt to work around my earlier omission. I think this way -- having him spend a Standard action each round to direct their attack, and they stop once he stops 'concentrating' on them -- is a decent workaround.

It should probably have Indirect though, yes. So knock the rank down by 1 (to Drain Toughness 15) and add a rank of Indirect.

On second thought, since the rank's going to be divided in half (due to its Immunity), reduce it by 2 ranks (to Drain Toughness 14), and add Indirect and Slow Fade (so it won't be regaining a point of Drained Toughness every round)!

Sounds Good to me!

Drain Toughness 14 roll -

Due to half immunity to tech, down to a Drain Toughness 7 effect.

Reflex Save: 1d20+12=22

Safe!

And now....!

Gremlin has a powerful ability to rend technology (A Disintegrate 8 effect!). I am going to "wing" this (pardon the pun) and, giving you both 1 HP for the fiat, say he destroys the wing of the plane, sending it spiralling down to earth!

Gremlin is thrown off into the void!

Glow, could you make a DC 20 Reflex check to get back inside before also being flung off!

And Just in case the little nipper is seen again:

Gremlin: Injured, -2 Toughness drain.

NB: Scuffles, you are of course free to voluntarily fail that reflex roll and go spinning off into the edges of earth's atmosphere!

If Glow is thrown off, the bubble goes with her, still protecting her, but Dok needs to make a Cold Environmental Fort Check!

Dok - 2 HP - Nauseated, Bruised x2, Fatigued.

Glow - 3 HP - Injured x2, Fatigued (and possibly spinning of a broken off wing down to earth!)

NB: Scuffles you are of course free to voluntarily fail that reflex roll for 1 HP, and going spinning off on the wing, plummeting to earth!

Ok!

Dok: Devices are broken but are at this juncture Repairable!

All: The Plane is tumbling and spinning and plummeting. This will cause a variety of effects:

1. Reflex Save DC 15 to hold onto something, or the bashing around will mean a DC 20 Toughness save.

2. Fort Save DC 15 or sickened (fail by 5 Nauseated) from the rotation and the sensation of weightlessness.

3. Whilst falling, -4 to attack and skill checks, unless you have Environmental Adaptation (Low or Zero Gravity).

What sort of DC and time for repairing Dok's Devices? Because I'm thinking the best bet may be to get his Belt working again, and use it to stunt an Affects Others Flight effect to slow the plane's descent. (Or Immunity to Falling Damage. Or Teleport w/ Change Velocity to 'port the plane down safely.)

Realistically this would require a jury-rig repair.

The DC base I would say is 25 (Cutting edge equipment), -5 for Jury Rigging, and +5 for being in a spinning plane tumbling to earth! (so DC 25).

Regarding enhanced INT - I am inclined to say as you injected the nanites into Gremlin, you may be bereft of this power (which would certainly be worth an HP as a power loss), but as you understand Dok best, I leave that to your judgement about how that would "work".