Hero Factory

Fox

Currently, the easiest way to use Hero Factory is by using the version hosted on our site, accessible via that link. Please also see here, where a very helpful player has put together a translation guide!

But not everyone can access this program, it's a little wonky on current versions of Flash, and sometimes you just want to have a hero factory of your very own. I've put together a little package here that'll let you have your own copy of Hero Factory. You can extract this .zip file anywhere you like on your computer; it contains the following files:

• fabrica.swf through fabrica4.swf

These are the actual flash files for Hero Factory. They are, sadly, not in English; there's no way around this that I'm aware of, shy of decompiling the whole dang thing and translating by hand.

• flashplayer_10_sa.exe

This is the FlashPlayer 10 stand-alone executable; it is straight from Adobe, who have since taken it down (or just hidden it terribly well) on their website. It truly is stand-alone - it won't install anything on your system, or replace anything you currently have installed.

• launch_hero_factory.bat

This is a tiny two-line batch script that'll run Hero Factory for you, using the FlashPlayer 10 stand-alone. Nothing fancy here; you can open it up in notepad if you want to look at it.

To run, just double-click the .bat file.

Shoot me an e-mail if the link for the .zip file goes bad, and I'll re-upload it somewhere. It was last re-uploaded to DropBox 2016/04/28.

• 4 months later...

So it has. I have uploaded the file somewhere myself, and updated the link. If it disappears again, let me know and I'll see about other hosting, or about bribing Sorus to let us hide it on the forum server somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm away from home at the moment, but when I get back I'll see what I can do about putting a copy of the pre-11 player somewhere.

EDIT:

Home now. But since I'm going to have to upload the player now, too, I may as well package everything together. Working on it....

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As promised so very long ago, I've finally gotten around to re-packaging the darn thing with the flash player you need and a little batch file to save people some clicking.

First post updated; lemme know if anyone has trouble.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...