Knuckling Down (OOC)

Supercape

Ok its not a difficult bluff, but on the other hand, Robin is a good detective!

For Reference, Robin is:

using Police Officer Archetype, M&M, modified:

INT to 14

Diplomacy to 2(+2), Intimidate to 4(+4), Sense Motive to 6(+7), Search to 6(+8), and Investigate to 6(+8)

Attack and Defence both +4

So, target wants to believe you, a -5 roll.

1d20+7=8 and a -5 penalty is 3!

Beat that with your Bluff! ;)

Ok Investigation Time!

Search Rolls for Clue.

Knowledge (Life Sciences) for examining body. DC 20+

Knowledge (Popular Culture) for ? DC 20+

Knowledge (Streetwise) for ? DC 10+

You can take 20 on Search roll if you wish to spend time...As the knowledge rolls are reactions, need rolls!

Ok: With Robin Aiding, you find a clue: You fish out a bullet from the wall nearby, and a torn scrap of fibre from a badly repaired drain pipe...someone must have snagged themselves here, maybe escaping in a hurry?

Life Sciences: Shot point blank, straight through the heart. The shooter was left handed from the angle of the bullet. In addition, you determine that the Man was about 55, and has injection sites and probably had diabetes.

Popular Culture: You remember this man: Winston Wade, a local Jazz player. Not big, but does some gigs around the Fens.

Streetwise: Zip.

That both more than adequate:

Fabric: Firstly, you get a DNA sample from some cells on it. Which are completely human. Again, this would be circumstantial evidence, but you could link it to any samples you get from other people. The fabric itself seems to be a leather jacket. It has a single orange hair on it.

Robin Bronze is a detective, has received several commendations for ability, and one or two reprimands for insubordination and "attitude" - although she is generally well thought of in the police community. She worked a few cases (or more, off the records) with your "predecesor".. nothing fishy about her.

Thats fine by me! Good stuff!

Just so I am clear: What is he wearing?, is he masked?, how would people spot if he was a robot? what would people think if they saw him right now?

He's masked, yes.

Right now, he mostly looks like The Steel Shrike wearing a suit over his costume. Full body "spandex", obvious mask, and a suit.

It'd be a bit odd, but he can fake being alive pretty well. He just can't "take off the mask" yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont worry I dont bite! All I need to know is what you are doing, and I will roll with it, whatever it is, so enjoy the freedom!

Much conventional GMing tends towards GM throws problem, Player reacts. I work towards a more jazz react-react-react structure, if that makes sense.

HOw do you want to play this - back at HQ?

Autopsy: Life Sciences Roll?

Gather Info Roll as above?

(Taking 10/20 is fine).

NB: Let me know if you want change in style, pace, or otherwise make it less intimidating! More feedback you give me, better GM I will be!

• 2 weeks later...