The job OOC

cosmicarus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to lock up the thread for now since there has been no in character post since March. Once Heritage has gotten things in order, the thread can be reopened.

I understand. I'm not sure why I never heard back from Cos; maybe rumors of his return were greatly exaggerated?

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, wen through and checked a lot of the material to make sure what the stats and situation was. If any of the stuff for Heavy looks wrong let me know and we can adjust it. For this thread, I won'T worry about the new changes to character creations simply because it will mess up things even more. :)

Here's what I got:

Heavy

Hp 1 used, 1 left

Combat: Attack +9 range +10 melee, Damage Blast +11, Punch +12, Grapple +20,;

Saves: Tough +15, F+13, R+7, W+11, DEF 20

Condition B:2

Leader Demon

DEF 20,

Attack +11, Daamge +11, Tough +15

Emtoin control DC 20

Dazzle DC 23

I'm going to reroll his saves to your super punch as Heritage used the wrong number for its save, I believe. A +5 just doesn't sound right here.

I thought that I had bruised it once or twice. Did its save never drop, or are you just saying what its most recent save was?

You did bruise it a number of times. It is presently Bruised 2. The Tough 15 is where it started from so you are both on the same playing field there.

• 3 weeks later...

Heavy

Hp 1 used, 1 left

Condition

Leader Demon

DEF 20,

Attack +11, Daamge +11, Tough +15, F:+8 R:+8 W:+12

Emtoin control DC 20

Dazzle DC 23

Condition

Present attack:

Drain 8 (Strength) (8 pp) Linked To

Drain 8 (Super-Strength) (8 pp) Linked to

Gravity Control 12 (Flaws: Down-Only, Touch Range, No Area) (4 pp)

Save vs Drains DC 18 Drain DC 18; (1d20+6=10) -- Fail dropping his Strength and Super strength scores both by 8pps.

The demon's Str drops to 16 due to the drains, his super strength is completely wiped out.

Needs to beat a DC 22 to get a standard or move action. Str check vs DC 22 [str presently at 16] (1d20+3=13) -- Failed for this round

Here's the roll to initiate the grapple check (26), and the opposed grapple check (22). If the demon beats that grapple check, I'll spend the hero point to reroll, giving me a minimum of 31 (11+20), which probably beats anything the demon can roll. It's a DC 27 Toughness save after that.

I'm hoping to stun it so that I have a free round to do my power stunt: Dimensional Movement (Attack); Destination: The Terminus. Oh yeah.

Looks like you ahve to spend that HP afterall.

Grapple DC 22; Toughness Dc 27 (1d20+14=28, 1d20+13=16)

To spend things up, I've made the roll.

Heavy's grapple(HP spent);Grapple;Toughness DC 27 (1d20+20=38, 1d20+14=31, 1d20+13=27)

Teh demon tries to move again, but fails: Str Check DC 22;grapple; Toughness DC 18 (1d20+3=5, 1d20+14=28)

Heavy

Hp 2 used, 0 left

Condition Grappling

Leader Demon

DEF 20,

Attack +11, Daamge +11, Tough +15, F:+8 R:+8 W:+12

Emtoin control DC 20

Dazzle DC 23

Condition Prone, Grappling

What are the extra rolls for on my part? If I won the grapple check (after spending the hero point), I don't need to save against damage.

Instead of stringing out the rolls, I did mutliple rolls in one post. The first was your HP grapple check followed by his opposed Grapple, finally came his toughness save. Only the first roll was for Heavy's grapple. The rest was the demon.

Power stunt for:

Dimensional Movement 10 (to Terminus) (Extra: Attack (+0), Alternate Save (Fortitude) (+0), Flaw: Grapple Required (-1)).

If the demon breaks out of the grapple, Heavy will have to re-engage him. I could buy the power stunt without the flaw, cost-wise, but I think this is more thematic.

Also, my grapple checks are stinking lately (24).

It seems the dice were on your side after all. :clap:

The grapple check was tie but as you have the higher bonus, you win.:(1d20+16=24) You like cutting it close, huh?

The Fortitude save on the Dimensional Movement 13

The thread is pretty much done I think. All you need to do is come up with a wrap up post. I hope it worked out to your satisfaction. Sorry that it took so long though. :oops:

Hey, no sorrow here. I'm happy that it's finally finishing up. I'd like one more post from you, if possible, to give Kirk's reaction. I might be spending some PP in the future to buy this place as a headquarters.

No problems. Can even go a little longer depending on how long it takes to talk to Kirk. Be aware that the Demon may find a way back to Freedom, and he'll be looking for Heavy. :twisted: