Joe stood on the threshold of the chamber, watching the others bounce around. He took a gentle step into the chamber proper, feeling an enormous weight lift from him. Carefully, he took a simple hop from the floor.

While he'd worked on his mastery of balance and form after the incident with the attack on the plane, he hadn't quite done the same amount of preparation as Erin. Which is why he ended up hitting the wall. And the ceiling. And the other wall, before finally coming to rest about a foot off the ground, slowly drifting back down to solid footing. He laughed. "Yeah, guess I really don't know my own strength," he said. "Good thing this place is padded. Haven't been bounced around like that since the last show I went to."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark wasn't as physically dexterous as his teammates, lacking Erin and Joe's superpowers as well as Trevor's years of training, but he didn't worry about that as he felt his feet leave the ground with the ease of a single step. Oh man oh man! He simply glided up into zero-G, his cape swirling around behind him, enjoying himself thoroughly. "Oh man, we've got to get one of these for down on Earth," he said cheerfully. "Or maybe our own space station!" The difficulties of neither prospect seemed to bother him terribly much. "Hey guys!" he called cheerfully as he drifted around. "You're good, Joe, we're all pretty new to space. So far!" he added cheerfully.

Letting out a breath just barely loudly enough to qualify as a sigh, Trevor took Erin's hand and stepped into the cylinder. With barely any momentum to drive him forward, he floated there next to her, looking about cautiously as he strove to maintain awareness of both relative up and down and the positions of the others as they bounced about. Moving his free hand about in small, careful movements, he looked to Erin askance. "Not... sure about this," he admitted in a low voice, his expression attempting to brood in weightlessness and finding it difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

"You're doing fine," Erin encouraged, holding onto Trevor's hand as she navigated her way along the side of the cylinder. "I won't let you float away. Try this!" Loosening her grip on him for a moment, she leaned forward and turned a sommersault, tucking her legs in and making it look quite effortless. "It's almost like being in water, but you can't drown." Zero gravity was fun, but almost as amusing to Erin was the sight of the normally hypercompetent Trevor finding something he wasn't already good at. It wasn't like she wasn't proud of all the things he was good at, but it was occasionally a little intimidating. It was nice to know he wasn't great at everything right away. Erin was careful to keep that thought, and her grin, to herself as they began drifting.

"Now I'm thinking about drowning," Trevor groused under his breath, taking a slow breath and following Erin's lead, somersaulting after her. The maneuver was technically proficient - it was, after all, a lot like the training he'd done underwater - but it didn't have quite the practiced grace of his usual movements. It didn't seem to be a question of coordination so much as comfort level. Trevor was clearly overthinking things and was acutely aware that he was overthinking things and the whole situation was a bit of a recursive snarl. "...right," he muttered aloud, inwardly counting backward from one hundred to steady himself and clear his mind.

"Hey, it's not that bad," said Cannonade, somersaulting through the air in an effort to direct his motion. "Takes a little while to adjust, but once you do..."

He broke form as he drifted towards one of the walls, feet stretched outward towards it. The landing was slightly awkward as he was adjusting for a traditional touchdown, not a slow drift in zero gravity towards a vertical surface. But once his feet touched down, he pushed out with a graceful kick, going zooming towards the opposite side. He didn't curl up this time, but kept his hands outstretched. Working his body around, he touched down gently against the other wall, hanging suspended in the gravity like a gargoyle resting on a perch.

"Yeah, I could really get used to this."

"Wheee!" yelled Mark as he rocketed past all of them, cartwheeling merrily before rebounding off the ceiling with a faint thump. "I'm okay!" he added, swooping back down and rubbing the top of his head. "That was awesome! I love space." He didn't really have much control over where he was going, but that didn't seem to bother him much. "Coming through!" he added as he swooped past Erin and Trevor, pausing for a moment as he kicked off another wall. "Whew, this is exhausting," he added, the all-too-human Mark sweating a little, "but great. We should go to the Moon sometime and try this. There've got to be bad guys up there."