The Date (OOC)

Barnum

Jawbreaker bears the brunt with a bruise! I forgot to -1 from the last bruise, but the result is still the same. Post away, heritage :)

Is it too late to apply Extra Effort to Grim's Strike? I'm thinking that might be the only way to make a serious dent in her crunchy candy coating.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jawbreaker bears the brunt with a bruise! I forgot to -1 from the last bruise, but the result is still the same. Post away, heritage :)

Is it too late to apply Extra Effort to Grim's Strike? I'm thinking that might be the only way to make a serious dent in her crunchy candy coating.

It's too late for this round. You'd need to apply the extra effort before you make your attack. It's a free action, but it still can't be done in the middle of another action. You can try it on your next turn if you want.

Dagnabit! I'm such an old school D&D player that I never remember to use EE or hero points. Oh well, there's always next round :D

It's too late for this round. You'd need to apply the extra effort before you make your attack. It's a free action, but it still can't be done in the middle of another action. You can try it on your next turn if you want.

Dagnabit! I'm such an old school D&D player that I never remember to use EE or hero points. Oh well, there's always next round :D

Total butt. And after all my lead up, too...

Alright, Ren just nuked the bathroom sink with something Captain Thunder might have whipped out. That'll definitely draw some attention. Let's hope that Grim can whip out some pwnage, 'cause Ren is not on his game today.

I think he still has some lubricant in his eyes after his crying jag. ;)

Total butt. And after all my lead up, too...

Alright, Ren just nuked the bathroom sink with something Captain Thunder might have whipped out. That'll definitely draw some attention. Let's hope that Grim can whip out some pwnage, 'cause Ren is not on his game today.

I think he still has some lubricant in his eyes after his crying jag. ;)

"Honestly, you would have been better off trying to hit the guy tethered to the ceiling," he pointed out helpfully, then let loose at her. Unfortunately, the unpredictable bolt of lightning skipped away from it's intended target and slammed into the bathroom sink, blasting the entire thing into shards of steel and porcelain. "Or you would, if I actually could hit you!"

Hahahaha! Oh man, I laughed out loud when that happened. That was brilliant. Well done.

"Honestly, you would have been better off trying to hit the guy tethered to the ceiling," he pointed out helpfully, then let loose at her. Unfortunately, the unpredictable bolt of lightning skipped away from it's intended target and slammed into the bathroom sink, blasting the entire thing into shards of steel and porcelain. "Or you would, if I actually could hit you!"

Hahahaha! Oh man, I laughed out loud when that happened. That was brilliant. Well done.

Would it be possible to make a special kind of attack here? Since Nano blew the hell out of the sink last turn, water has to be everywhere. Electricity and water don't mix too well, so... I think you can see where this is going.

In any case, would it be possible for me to nuke Jawbreaker by aiming at the floor? I'd have to warn Grim to get up on a toilet, or dig her claws into the ceiling or something, but other than that, it should work. I'd prefer to use a hero point to justify this, but I'm currently without. (D'oh! ;) )

Would it be possible to make a special kind of attack here? Since Nano blew the hell out of the sink last turn, water has to be everywhere. Electricity and water don't mix too well, so... I think you can see where this is going.

In any case, would it be possible for me to nuke Jawbreaker by aiming at the floor? I'd have to warn Grim to get up on a toilet, or dig her claws into the ceiling or something, but other than that, it should work. I'd prefer to use a hero point to justify this, but I'm currently without. (D'oh! ;) )

I was gonna say you could 'if you spent a HP', but you beat me to it. I would say that you could now if Heritage spent one of his, but I'm not about to put that pressure on the man. I'm gonna have to deny it this time, but I'll keep this denial in mind for next time when there's an 'iffy' scenario. :)

I was gonna say you could 'if you spent a HP', but you beat me to it. I would say that you could now if Heritage spent one of his, but I'm not about to put that pressure on the man. I'm gonna have to deny it this time, but I'll keep this denial in mind for next time when there's an 'iffy' scenario. :)

I spent the one hero point I had in another game, so I assume I don't get a new one just because I'm in a new thread, right?

I spent the one hero point I had in another game, so I assume I don't get a new one just because I'm in a new thread, right?

Well, since I don't want to put Heritage out, I'll go on with another attack.

Okay, ew. :shock:

But it did hit, and a +12 damage effect is good enough to knock her back. (12 - 5(for impervious toughness) - 2(for regular toughness) = 5, which is twenty five feet of knockback on the chart.) Now, I'm not sure how her Reflective toughness works here, since the description says only damage stopped by impervious toughness gets reflected, and since my attack is Penetrating, the impervious went away. However you want to handle it is alright with me, though.