The Other Woman - ok - no damage conditions

Grim - ok - no damage conditions

Pixie - ok - no damage conditions

Jawbreaker - staggered - 3 bruised conditions

Because I like symmetry. :D

Great posts, BTW.

Great posts, BTW.

And this is what I was going for - someone to enjoy the thread so much that they had to comment on it, necessitating the creation of an OOC thread. :D

Thanks, Bar. It's been a real labor of love for me here. I've had a couple flirtations with flat-out melodrama, but for the most part, I've stayed within what I believe to be Renichi's character.

Great posts, BTW.

And this is what I was going for - someone to enjoy the thread so much that they had to comment on it, necessitating the creation of an OOC thread. :D

Thanks, Bar. It's been a real labor of love for me here. I've had a couple flirtations with flat-out melodrama, but for the most part, I've stayed within what I believe to be Renichi's character.

I think the restaurant needs to be attacked right now; something needs to leap or be thrown through the windows and start a mad panic, so we can see Grim and Nano's heads turn to the door at the same time, and then they rush into action out of the men's room. Who's with me on this? :D

I think the restaurant needs to be attacked right now; something needs to leap or be thrown through the windows and start a mad panic, so we can see Grim and Nano's heads turn to the door at the same time, and then they rush into action out of the men's room. Who's with me on this? :D

Ah, for a thumbs up smiley. Thumbs up!

Ah, for a thumbs up smiley. Thumbs up!

Hey, if you want it, go for it. We're pretty much equally GMs on this one, so if one of us wants to introduce story elements, then we should feel free. :)

I've been looking through the Freedom City book, and pretty much all the baddies are PL10, if not higher, which poses a bit of a challenge;no only are Grim and Nano from opposite sides of the law, they come from different Power Levels as well ;)

The basic idea I have is some sort of hostage situation; a small group of baddies are committing a robbery of some kind in the Riverside area, they run afoul of a super or supers, and they decide to take the patrons of the nearest restaurant hostage, which just happens to be the Monorail Cafe. My first thought was two or three members of the Power Corps, but someone else could just as easily do it. This would be a potential situation where both Nano and Grim's powers would be of use; the only thing I'm not sure of is whether or not to try and balance the encounter by using a a mixture of lower and higher PL baddies, or just trust to the fates and stick with PL10s.

Any suggestions?

Hey, if you want it, go for it. We're pretty much equally GMs on this one, so if one of us wants to introduce story elements, then we should feel free. :)

I've been looking through the Freedom City book, and pretty much all the baddies are PL10, if not higher, which poses a bit of a challenge;no only are Grim and Nano from opposite sides of the law, they come from different Power Levels as well ;)

The basic idea I have is some sort of hostage situation; a small group of baddies are committing a robbery of some kind in the Riverside area, they run afoul of a super or supers, and they decide to take the patrons of the nearest restaurant hostage, which just happens to be the Monorail Cafe. My first thought was two or three members of the Power Corps, but someone else could just as easily do it. This would be a potential situation where both Nano and Grim's powers would be of use; the only thing I'm not sure of is whether or not to try and balance the encounter by using a a mixture of lower and higher PL baddies, or just trust to the fates and stick with PL10s.

Any suggestions?

Well, I've got two ideas on the subject. Owing to Nanowire's flaw, he cannot simply "armor up" whenever he feels like it. He needs a substantial amount of machinery in order to do so. He might be able to activate his Variable Blaster power by plugging himself into an outlet or the like, but other than that, he's out of luck.

Therefore, we could simply have normal punks try to bust up the party. Nanowire's got a fair amount of protection, even out of armor, so he should be fairly well off. But it will be mostly Grimalkin's show, which should make you happy, Heritage. ;)

There is one other option: we could use some baddies from the Crooks! supplement. The Clique, who while not upgraded to 2nd ed, would only require a modicum of effort to do so, and are a much more manageable 7-10 PL. (The bigger PLs aren't even the fighters, either) If you don't have that supplement, then I would be happy to be the ref for them.

Or it's possible we could get some other fantastically awesome GM to play them. :D

Anyway, that's my plan(s). Would either work for you?

Well, I've got two ideas on the subject. Owing to Nanowire's flaw, he cannot simply "armor up" whenever he feels like it. He needs a substantial amount of machinery in order to do so. He might be able to activate his Variable Blaster power by plugging himself into an outlet or the like, but other than that, he's out of luck.

Therefore, we could simply have normal punks try to bust up the party. Nanowire's got a fair amount of protection, even out of armor, so he should be fairly well off. But it will be mostly Grimalkin's show, which should make you happy, Heritage. ;)

There is one other option: we could use some baddies from the Crooks! supplement. The Clique, who while not upgraded to 2nd ed, would only require a modicum of effort to do so, and are a much more manageable 7-10 PL. (The bigger PLs aren't even the fighters, either) If you don't have that supplement, then I would be happy to be the ref for them.

Or it's possible we could get some other fantastically awesome GM to play them. :D

I think I'd like that second option more, especially if refed by a third party GM (I do not have said book either way). If we got you into the kitchen area, with various stoves, microwaves and espresso machines, would you have enough to work with to power up, if need be? We'd need to be careful of any gas-related dangers, of course :o

I think I'd like that second option more, especially if refed by a third party GM (I do not have said book either way). If we got you into the kitchen area, with various stoves, microwaves and espresso machines, would you have enough to work with to power up, if need be? We'd need to be careful of any gas-related dangers, of course :o

I think Nano would be able to power up if he absorbed the kitchen, yeah, but wow, I think those poor chefs would be ticked... :)

I'll poke the various GMs, see if any of them would be interested, or even have the book. I think Heridfel does, but I'm not sure about Barnum or Cos.

Hmm, methinks the GMs might be otherwise occupied, so maybe we should take care of this ourselves, since I don't wnat to lose the momementum we've developed. Can you give me a breif rundown on the Clique and any powers? What I'm thinking of doing is posting for Grim having some sort of quip, jibe or comeback, and then we hear screams and the sounds of something (gun firing, zappy sound, etc) and a voice yelling "Nobody move!" or the like, and then having Grim peek her head out of the john, and then you can go from there - how's that sound, VM?

I think Nano would be able to power up if he absorbed the kitchen, yeah, but wow, I think those poor chefs would be ticked... :)

I'll poke the various GMs, see if any of them would be interested, or even have the book. I think Heridfel does, but I'm not sure about Barnum or Cos.

Hmm, methinks the GMs might be otherwise occupied, so maybe we should take care of this ourselves, since I don't wnat to lose the momementum we've developed. Can you give me a breif rundown on the Clique and any powers? What I'm thinking of doing is posting for Grim having some sort of quip, jibe or comeback, and then we hear screams and the sounds of something (gun firing, zappy sound, etc) and a voice yelling "Nobody move!" or the like, and then having Grim peek her head out of the john, and then you can go from there - how's that sound, VM?