Table for Two, and Some Villains. (IC)

TheAbsurdist

6:52PM, December 2nd, 2011

Amir was early. Which might surprise people to expect him to be fashionably late, or worse considering some of the avenues opened for him by his new life. Fortunately tonight was casual. The restaurant, Gianni's, was a little place tucked into Riverside. It had good Italian food, and wasn't a stuffy formal place. In part because he didn't like to be dressed up all the time. So he just wore a dark slate colored suit, with a white shirt underneath, not tucked it, and the top two buttons left undone.

He looked calculatedly rumpled as he sat alone at the table, an elbow propped on the table, and his chin resting in his palm, as he scanned over the wine list. Not having decided what he was having yet, but not familliar with what they had here. The date was set for 7pm, but he had been a little anxious. Not that that was terrified of the prospect of a date, this was his first real date since his declaration as a public identity hero. There was a lot that could go wrong. Which was not a facet he was used to thinking about when he dated.

Casual, casual, what was he thinking?

She was going to be late.

She bustled around her hotel room, still in only a towel, clothes scattered around the room. She was meant to be packing to fly home soon, but what to wear?

“So you remember if I text you gotta call me back.â€

“What the message going to say?†that was Emily her agent

“It doesn’t matter you just have to call me away. Just in case the whole date is a bust.â€

She briefly considered a trouser dress, but dismissed it out of hand who would want to spend all day dressed like that?

At least she had her shoes picked out, a pair of beautiful Jimmy Choo’s that she still considered expensive.

“What like if he’s a total playboy like every media outlet in the world suggests?â€

“Nah, I recon it’s all a front like Christian Bale in that movie. But defiantly not in the machinist, that’s just a little too much.â€

There perfect, not to revealing, but enhancing her curves stylish yet yup casual.

“I got to go I’m call you later. If you don’t call me.â€

At least she wouldn’t have to worry about getting there fast. Stepping out onto the balcony, and checking she wasn’t being watch, change into her Young Britannia form and flew off towards the restaurant.

Point of fact, it was a Friday night at the restaurant, so people were dressed nice. And his casual was still tailored, and worth a couple grand. And he fished his phone out of his pocket, and set it on the table, eyeing it suspiciously, and laughing a little to himself, as he realized that she was making him wait, even if it was unintentional he found it a little funny. Checking to make sure he didn't have the phone on silent, he idly flipped through his schedule for tomorrow. Even on a Saturday he had a busy day, so he dropped a text for Ms. van Cleef get a hold of him by 9:30 the next morning. That done, he ordered himself some Sanbitter mixed lemon mineral water.

She didn’t get far before returning to grab a coat, Young Britannia might not be able to feel the cold but Agnes most certainly would feel the below zero temperatures (or whatever the Americans called it).

After that the flight was quite unremarkable, and quick, with perfect recall and a top speed of around 400 kph she was soon touching down in a safe quiet alleyway that seemed to infest the city. Slipping on the coat she wandered into the restaurant. Only to have to give her coat away to be hung up. Well the shows the thing. The loss of the coat revealed a lovely green dress, which was defiantly not casual and show just as much as she wanted to. And well it went with the Cho’s.

She was shown to her seat to see that Amir was sat there totally unconcerned with her lateness.

“Hi there. I was wondering as your date seems to be late is this seat taken?†she gave a cheeky little smile.

He was very adamant about looking at his phone, because that would result in him being absorbed in something work related, or 'other' related. And she deserved his full attention, once she got here. Amir was a patient man, and he arrived early. When he saw her, and he did, he stood up, and moved smoothly to pull out her chair. Fixing one of his better, winning smiles. He had a lot of practice with them, but they came out easy.

"Seems she forgot about me, more is the pity. Here, have her seat, and let's make the best of what's happened." A devilish twinkle in his eyes, before he winked at her.

Agnes took her seat with a playful little smile.

“Well she doesn’t know what she’s missing. It seems I’ve found a real gentleman.â€

Small talk right, make small talk. But what do you talk to a Playboy Multimillionaire about. It wasn’t like he watched Strictly and X-factor. Start with the simple stuff, and well it got touch she was British, talk about the weather!

“So how was your day?â€

God that was so cheesy, she might as well pack up and go home now. She gestured over for a waiter; she was going to need a drink. Cause she wasn’t allowed to drink, but at least ordering something would give her time to recover her composure.

"It is a pity is it not? Ah, well, these things do happen." Flashing his winning smile to her, as he moved to take a seat at the table. "I had not ordered yet, I figured it would be rude to presume, though if you like them, I recommend their bishop hats, it is like ravioli." His expression was careful, as he looked at her, or more accurately looked at her face. He was keeping a sense of decorum, he was being polite, and a gentleman. Not that it was going to halt his flirting, but they really hadn't gotten to know each other yet.

"I had a wonderful day, played cards with Warren Buffett, got to talk to some people from an Argentinian bank that we are interested it. Also looked at investing in some upcoming films. So, a normal Friday I suppose. How about yourself? I will try to pay attention to what you are saying, my dear, but will you promise to excuse me if I am distracted by how ravishing you look in that dress?"

Despite herself she gave a little blush at his blatant compliment.

Let me she my day, well a jumper, a bank robbery, road accident and a little cat stuck up a tree. A normal day in other words. But what to tell Amir? She wasn’t quite ready to tell him about Young Britannia yet so a version of the truth.

“Oh nothing major, just a few finishing touches to my album and planning to go home for Christmas. You should come visit me in London it nothing like Freedom City, but then nothing is, but it’s hot an energy all of it own.â€

"I should. I would like that, I think. It has been awhile since I traveled, and it wasn't business." That easy smile of his tugged at the corner of his lips as he looked at her. "And the last time I got to London was in college, and the occasionally weekends shirking studies and going clubbing when I was at uni." He managed to keep his tone light as he was, after all, a renowned bachelor and ladies man, though he was not someone who ever lied about that fact.

When the waiter came by, he ordered the dish he had recommended, and seeing that she was avoiding alcoholic beverages, he did the same. Ordering some more mineral water. "So let's make some of this easier, if you want to know something ask. I am a fairly open book, well in social situations."

She gave a little laugh at his offer; he really was full of surprises. She had to fight down the obvious ego based question. Why her? If he could choose anyone in the city, if not the world, why choose her.

“That’s a dangerous thing to ask a woman!â€

She thought about the perfect question as she ordered from the menu.

“Why go public? I mean lots of heroes have secret identities. I know you must be in the public spot light all the time, and I almost know how that feels, but then the added pressure of being a superhero. If I had any kind of powers I not sure I’d be able to live like that.â€

"I live dangerously, what can I say?" He laughed a little, rolling a glass between his hands contemplatively. "It's simple, or I see it as such. I am the head of a private financial firm that rivals some international banks. I have a personal wealth worth enough to buy an island. My powers is not a subtle thing. I am under constant media scrutiny. I am choosing to embrace all of those things than hide myself. And, I understand PR, I understand the media. They are tools for me to employ in my favor. And being public means it is easier for me to offer financial help for others heroes." And then he looked a little embarrassed, or at least was showing some chagrin. "That didn't sound too rehearsed? I get that question a lot, I go a little autopilot on it..." Taking a sip of his water, and making an apologetic face.

Agnes gave him a little look as her brain whirled into overdrive and then she came to a decision.

“Look this might mean we might not get past the starter, but yes that was a pure PR answer. And I know exactly how PR goes I’ve done my share of safe interviews. Then again I was stupid enough to think I could win a TV show and then buck the trend and be more of that a one hit wonder.â€

She took a gulp of water, wishing it could be something a little stronger.

“So why do you do it? I’ll start if that helps. There isn’t a bigger buzz than standing there on stage singing with the crowd going along with you, however many they are. There…†she wanted to say the only thing that came close was the freedom of flying, but it was a little too early for that “…is nothing quite like that in world. It’s hard coming down off of a high like that†she gave a little laugh “And I’ve been force into several months of cold turkey.â€

"As safe as that answer it was, it is a lot of the truth. I mean, I've always done philanthropy; but, I guess, it's hard to grow up in some sense when you have enough money to essentially keep you safe from consequence. Then I went on my Hajj earlier this year and... I don't know, I think I have some perspective I didn't have before, the experience is humbling and forces you to be introspective." Another sip of his water, his smile gone, and he sort of looked into space, as he actually dredged through his thoughts to collect the answer.

"I am used to the spotlight, I don't know how to live outside of it. And I can use it well. So why should I hide? And with this and using my personal fortune for good means I might be able to actually do something of lasting good." He looked back up and her, and smiled at her, almost sheepishly. "Besides, I am hiding in the open, very few people are taking me seriously. A lot of people think I am just a brainless rich twit." He flashed her a conspiratorial grin. "So that means I am going to end up surprising a lot of people. But then I don't think I am only person capable of that." He gave her a weighted look, making eye contact a moment, and she might take that as him having figuring something out, then he winked, and he made it clear he was simply giving her a compliment.

She was over complicating this.

“Oh bugger this.â€

She leant over and grabbing Asad before he could react gave him a large passionate kiss.

“Let play a game.†She rolled her eyes “No not kind of game. Instead of me being a wannabe old pop star and you being a billionaire superhero, I’m your attractive talented almost girlfriend, and your my charming alluring potential boyfriend.†She now felt a little embarrassed but ploughed on with her idea “if it helps I’ll be a simple checkout girl with dreams of success and you can be a moderately successful businessman.â€

Agnes brain then caught up with her mouth and she began to play with her napkin wishing not for the last time that she could have a drink.