Non-American Characters

Dr Archeville

Just wondering how many non-natives of Freedom City are running around on the board.

Doktor Archeville's from Germany (and I apologize in advance if I get anything about German culture terribly wrong, though I do not apologize for zhe bad Marvel-German accent ;) ). I know Poltergiest is from Bulgaria. Any others?

Oh, and if anyone has or plans to create a non-American character -- especially a European one -- and needs something Science-y (like a lab accident) for their background, feel free to use Doktor Archeville :)

Just wondering how many non-natives of Freedom City are running around on the board.

Doktor Archeville's from Germany (and I apologize in advance if I get anything about German culture terribly wrong, though I do not apologize for zhe bad Marvel-German accent ;) ). I know Poltergiest is from Bulgaria. Any others?

Oh, and if anyone has or plans to create a non-American character -- especially a European one -- and needs something Science-y (like a lab accident) for their background, feel free to use Doktor Archeville :)

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Neither of my characters are American, nor are they from Earth, or from the Earth-Prime dimension actually. That last bit is probably the most relevant now that I think about it.

Hmm... After thinking for a few more moments I realised that Exile is partially American since Howard Gentle was (is?) native to Freedom.

Hellbound's in a bit of political limbo on this one. Yes, he has American citizenship from his adoptive parents, but he was born as little more than materiel to some unknown military power. They may have been U.S., they may have not. It hasn't yet been revealed or even decided. It's possible they were some private research lab, an international organization, a group of non-aligned criminal scientists or even time traveling, extra-dimensional nogoodnicks who've never even heard of the Western Hemisphere as we know it.

Regardless, as materiel he would have been lucky even to have slave status in their culture and no true citizenship or even rights. So he's American on paper, but his true origins remain unknown.

Oooh... Materiel? I like the sound of that. Now I have TWO NPC rivals to write up for Hellbound :)

If (big "if," I know) he was born on American soil, Hellbound is an American citizen by default, whether he was carried in a woman's uterus or bred in a test tube. Those laws don't (yet?) make a distinction between in utero and in vitro fertilization.