Rage and PL caps

hero4hire

I have noticed a couple of approved builds have the Rage feat.

I myself use a House Rule that the 1st rank of Rage does not count against PL Caps but TMK it is not an "offical" rule.

Are we using this house rule? If we are not then the current characters with Rage are breaking the PL caps.

If we are can we post this in a "House Rules" thread for reference so everyone is on the same page when creating and approving characters?

Thanks,

H4H

I myself use a House Rule that the 1st rank of Rage does not count against PL Caps but TMK it is not an "offical" rule.

Are we using this house rule? If we are not then the current characters with Rage are breaking the PL caps.

If we are can we post this in a "House Rules" thread for reference so everyone is on the same page when creating and approving characters?

Thanks,

H4H

Thanks,

H4H

While it isn't quite the same thing, a similar question applies to how Hub's Boost will be adjudicated. I can see three ways that it might work:

1. Boost has its full effect, increasing the attributes even if it would raise their derived stats over the PL cap.

2. Boost has its full effect on attributes that would remain under the PL cap, and allows the target to make tradeoffs as in Agents of Freedom for the other stats (that is, they can dynamically choose to lower their attacks and defenses to take advantage of their higher damage and toughness).

3. Boost has its full effect on attributes that would remain under the PL cap, but the only benefit it provides to the other attributes is helping a little against Drain effects.

It won't matter too much to me which method is chosen, but I'd sort of like to know OOC how it will work when I do it IC.

While it isn't quite the same thing, a similar question applies to how Hub's Boost will be adjudicated. I can see three ways that it might work:

1. Boost has its full effect, increasing the attributes even if it would raise their derived stats over the PL cap.

2. Boost has its full effect on attributes that would remain under the PL cap, and allows the target to make tradeoffs as in Agents of Freedom for the other stats (that is, they can dynamically choose to lower their attacks and defenses to take advantage of their higher damage and toughness).

3. Boost has its full effect on attributes that would remain under the PL cap, but the only benefit it provides to the other attributes is helping a little against Drain effects.

It won't matter too much to me which method is chosen, but I'd sort of like to know OOC how it will work when I do it IC.

I'm pretty sure the Piranha's rage doesn't break the PL cap. He gets +4 to Str when raging, which brings his Str to 20 from 16, for a total Str Bonus of +5. So long as it's not +7 or higher, isn't that OK?

Yes you are correct. For some reason I thought his strike was Mighty.

I'm pretty sure the Piranha's rage doesn't break the PL cap. He gets +4 to Str when raging, which brings his Str to 20 from 16, for a total Str Bonus of +5. So long as it's not +7 or higher, isn't that OK?

We are discussing this right now. I'm not sure what the outcome will be.

In my games (which are far more limited in scope than this one), I allow Rage to violate PL for the same reason that Power Attack can violate PL; it has a built-in trade-off. Granted, the trade-off is pretty generous for Rage, but it hasn't been a problem in our games.

I think in a game of this size, where there isn't going to be a lot of direct GM control, capping *everything* at PL, including Rage and Boost is a good idea.

In my games (which are far more limited in scope than this one), I allow Rage to violate PL for the same reason that Power Attack can violate PL; it has a built-in trade-off. Granted, the trade-off is pretty generous for Rage, but it hasn't been a problem in our games.

I think in a game of this size, where there isn't going to be a lot of direct GM control, capping *everything* at PL, including Rage and Boost is a good idea.

I think that this is the way to go, not that I'm admin, just my two cents.

That said, if House Rules are clearly defined, such as H4H's "the 1st rank of Rage does not count against PL Caps", s small amount of bending is possible.

That said, if House Rules are clearly defined, such as H4H's "the 1st rank of Rage does not count against PL Caps", s small amount of bending is possible.