Something Fishy - part 2 [OOC]

Airon

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for reference, the doppleganger is a slightly beefed up Master of disguise Oddball, with aquatic template applied.

Her initiative.

1d20+7 → [9,7] = (16) oh, good.

The surprise round was this one, where she attacked Revenant with the Snare.

Now it begins a normal round.

23 - Revenant, unharmed, 2 HP

20 - Steam, unharmed, 4 HP

16 - Doppleganger, unharmed

The Doppelganger is about 5 feet underwater, near the dock. Revenant is 15 feet below her. Steam of course is on the dock.

Underwater fighting penalties are on Mastermind's Manual, page 125 (namely: speed halved, -2 to attacks, damage DC halved).

In addition, being well below underwater means the whole scene is dark, so unless you have a Super-Sense of some sort, the Partial Concealment penalites apply to the underwater fight as well (20% chance of missing).

Revenant has to make a Swim check DC 10 to move, but since she has Swim +10 thanks to her strength, I say we can skip this roll and get to the action.

Revenant is up.

okay here we go :

MoveAction : Swim my full 15 feet up to the Doppleganger.

Standard Action : Going to grapple the Doppleganger Attack roll 1d20+11=13 well that isn't going to work going to spend A HP for a reroll, 1d20+11=23 (sorry forgot the -2 so 21) much better. Concealment 1d20=11 (miss on a 17+)

Grapple 1d20+20=24 (I noticed the Grapple on my sheet is calculated wrong it should be Base 9+Str 10+S-Str 1=10)

okay here we go :

MoveAction : Swim my full 15 feet up to the Doppleganger.

Standard Action : Going to grapple the Doppleganger Attack roll 1d20+11=13 well that isn't going to work going to spend A HP for a reroll, 1d20+11=23 (sorry forgot the -2 so 21) much better. Concealment 1d20=11 (miss on a 17+)

Grapple 1d20+20=24 (I noticed the Grapple on my sheet is calculated wrong it should be Base 9+Str 10+S-Str 1=10)

actually that 21 isn't enough to hit - as you can see from the build I posted upthread, she has a Defense of +13.

The momentum of the attack brought the both of you to float - both your heads are now visible from the docks.

Steam is up.

Doppelganger attack roll vs Revenant

1d20+13 → [16,13] = (29) it's a hit!

TOU DC 24 for Lucy, then it's her turn.

Leviathan, the Ewoma Impersonator is a Alien Inflitrator Oddball seriously scaled down (around PL 7). It also has the Deep One template applied.

her initiative

1d20+2 → [7,2] = (9)

also, make a Arcane Lore check

DC 15

the pain and struggle of Ewoma looks like a spell of mind-binding

DC 20

you've been thaught about this spell by Jon, it's a typical tool of Serpent People

Revenant has to make a DC 24 TOU save, then it's her turn in the docks confrontation.

There's no longer Partial Concealment thanks to Alice's lights.

ALso, I don't know if it's clear, but I'm imagining the docks as having a ladder or something to get out of the water...

No, the fight is not close enough to the submarine.

I would allow you this though: climb up, then jump down on her to attack - American Wrestling style. Thus you'll be free of water penalties for the attack, but you'll end up in water at the end of your round.

Another option is to climb up Alice's nose and Ready an attack action in case the double comes after you (or in case Steam moves that thing forward).

Ewoma attack on Leviathan

1d20+9 → [3,9] = (12) that's a miss

Ewoma is heavily based on the Alien Infiltrator Oddball, with the Deep One template applied, but she's only about PL 7.

9) Ewoma, unharmed

6) Leviathan, unharmed, 0 HP?

If needed, here's the Doppleganger Bluff check to fool Lord Steam

1d20+20 → [18,20] = (38) WOAH!

20 - Steam, unharmed, 4 HP

Lord Steam and Leviathan are up in theri respective battles.

Well, even Lord Steam cant possibly beat that bluff check. He is just going to have to sit this one out!

He can, however, even the odds. Would you allow an HP use to drain the Docks to "Dry" status, seeing as it is his HQ?

Recognition could still be possible with some crafty idea, of course. I'm open to anything.

For the drying the docks stuff, yes, I think with an HP it could be possible, but it will take at least 1 full round (so there's still water until your next turn in Initiative...) Does that seems reasonable?

EDIT: also, describe how high the docks are above the bottom of the water-filled part.

For the drying the docks stuff, yes, I think with an HP it could be possible, but it will take at least 1 full round (so there's still water until your next turn in Initiative...) Does that seems reasonable?

EDIT: also, describe how high the docks are above the bottom of the water-filled part.

That sounds very reasonable to me. As for the details: I just thought that he would have some nifty pump device to allow the docks to go Dry - by sealing off the area and pumping the water. If that makes sense.

Ewoma's Ref Save

1d20+5 → [2,5] = (7) failed by 18! She's utterly helpless.

In her turn, she'll try to break free using her Strength

That's a TOU save DC 20 for the Snare tentacle, who has a TOU of +14 thanks to the critical.

9) Ewoma, unharmed, bound and helpless

6) Leviathan, unharmed, 0 HP

The Snare only breaks if it fails by 10 or more, which is impossible right now. You have a few rounds (at least 4) of relative tranquillity while she tears down its resistance.

The Doppleganger will try to hit Revenant again

her attack roll

1d20+13 → [3,13] = (16) whaddayouknow, she misses.

Of course this triggers the Readied action, if you want. A Readied action is declared in advance so you can only Attack her if you don't wish to lose the action.

20 - Steam, unharmed, 3 HP

go ahead and resolve the Readied action, then you can act again since it's your turn. Remember that there's still water until Steam's turn.