Distant Thunder (OOC)

shazam

• 3 weeks later...

How are you enjoying the pace, Shazam? I apologise that I can disappear for a day or two, but I mean in regards to the story? Are you happy to have this conversation play out?

I wouldn't object to moving it a bit faster, but I'm not feeling impatient about it at all. I'm good. :)

In re: the latest series of events

I just shouted "Oh SNAP!" aloud. I just thought you'd like to know. :clap:

I'm glad you like the turn of events :D

Now, no initiative rolls yet, unless you want them. Give me a wisdom roll to see if the good Captain can pinpoint exactly what's wrong with the scene.

Ok, I'll tell you what's wrong here, and then you can put it back into the thread however you like.

For starters, Donar hasn't aged. Sure, he was super human, but surely he must have at least aged a little? He looks as young as he did back in the day. Second, he hasn't exhibited any powers yet. Donar was very proud of his heritage and delighted in expressing that pride in impressive light shows when confronting his enemies. Lastly, that hammer he's holding - it's wrong. It looks the part, but it's almost certainly not the hammer that Captain Wonder must have surely come into contact with on more than one occasion.

All of that said, there's something in this Donar's eyes that say that the man himself is sincere.

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

I'm taking over for Cosmicarus on this thread to help out. As you can see, I may be making some changes to what Cosmicarus may have intended for this thread since I don't know what he had planned. Here, it's clear that Donar just used a power (Shockwave for a DC 24 Toughness save; a successful DC 19 Reflex save reduces this to DC 19 Toughness).

He still appears unaged from when Captain Wonder last saw him, and his hammer still doesn't look right. Whatever reason he had had to avoid using his powers before, he has overcome it at least in part.

Hey there,

I'm taking over for Cosmicarus on this thread to help out. As you can see, I may be making some changes to what Cosmicarus may have intended for this thread since I don't know what he had planned. Here, it's clear that Donar just used a power (Shockwave for a DC 24 Toughness save; a successful DC 19 Reflex save reduces this to DC 19 Toughness).

He still appears unaged from when Captain Wonder last saw him, and his hammer still doesn't look right. Whatever reason he had had to avoid using his powers before, he has overcome it at least in part.

Huh, I actually made the Reflex Save! (Didn't expect that!)

And the Toughness save as well!

My books are packed up, unfortunately, so I don't remember how to calculate Wonder's grapple check. (assuming he hits) He's currently at Flight 3, Super-Strength 3. (Since he started the thread with a weaker array than he has now.)

Grapple checks are "melee attack bonus + Strength modifier + ranks in Super-Strength + size modifier". There are also miscellaneous powers which give bonuses to grappling, such as Elongation. I'll add it to your character sheet later tonight.

Cap has a DC 29 Toughness save to make now. If he fails by enough, the Knockback will send him back towards the house that they just broke out of.

That makes this the perfect time to spend the hero point (from my enemy complication) on my Ultimate Toughness save, I think. ;)

You don't know how tempted I was to use GM fiat there. Wow, what a bad roll.

Still, I managed to get the information I wanted to you, and now, I don't have to worry about what to do with Cosmicarus' character while he's on break. This fight's done. I know that technically, you'd need to stagger him again, but it's anti-climatic for you to keep punching him (probably stunning him each time) until you do so.

You don't know how tempted I was to use GM fiat there. Wow, what a bad roll.

Still, I managed to get the information I wanted to you, and now, I don't have to worry about what to do with Cosmicarus' character while he's on break. This fight's done. I know that technically, you'd need to stagger him again, but it's anti-climatic for you to keep punching him (probably stunning him each time) until you do so.

Good good, and I like where this is going. I think Wonder will just check on the civilians, then be off to find himself a mystic.

• 2 weeks later...