Distant Thunder

shazam

Before long, Captain Wonder hears footsteps from behind the door; it opens and a young woman with straight, red hair stands there. She seems a little taken aback by the superheroes presence, but does a very good job of recovering from the fact. In the moment from visual connection to speech, she's very readily back on top of things, "Hi. Can I help you?"

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before long, Captain Wonder hears footsteps from behind the door; it opens and a young woman with straight, red hair stands there. She seems a little taken aback by the superheroes presence, but does a very good job of recovering from the fact. In the moment from visual connection to speech, she's very readily back on top of things, "Hi. Can I help you?"

An odd expression comes over the woman's face at the mention of Rose's name, but she manages to lose it. She quickly glances back inside before stepping outside, closing the door most of the ways behind her, "I'm sorry, I don't let just anybody enter my house uninvited, even if they are wearing a cape. Who might you be?"

An odd expression comes over the woman's face at the mention of Rose's name, but she manages to lose it. She quickly glances back inside before stepping outside, closing the door most of the ways behind her, "I'm sorry, I don't let just anybody enter my house uninvited, even if they are wearing a cape. Who might you be?"

Who might you be?"

"I'm Captain Wonder," he says, trying not to make it sound obvious. "I'm investigating Rose Newell's death. I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner; I spoke first with her former employers at Millenium." He studies the young lady, trying to get an understanding of her motives. "She and I shared an interest in comic books...and a common enemy." He finally touches down as he finishes, still quite tall on the ground, especially in the boots.

Who might you be?"

"I'm Captain Wonder," he says, trying not to make it sound obvious. "I'm investigating Rose Newell's death. I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner; I spoke first with her former employers at Millenium." He studies the young lady, trying to get an understanding of her motives. "She and I shared an interest in comic books...and a common enemy." He finally touches down as he finishes, still quite tall on the ground, especially in the boots.

The red-headed woman still looks rather wary, it seems suspicion is part of her personality, "Millenium. Right. Yeah, I remember them." She takes a moment, looking Captain Wonder over. She finally decides, "I don't know what they told you, but my sister died in a car accident some time ago." Her statement sounds a little odd - it sounds like more of a test than a statement.

The red-headed woman still looks rather wary, it seems suspicion is part of her personality, "Millenium. Right. Yeah, I remember them." She takes a moment, looking Captain Wonder over. She finally decides, "I don't know what they told you, but my sister died in a car accident some time ago." Her statement sounds a little odd - it sounds like more of a test than a statement.

"That's what I heard," Wonder agreed. "But I think something else might have been involved. Are you familiar with Valkyrie?"

"That's what I heard," Wonder agreed. "But I think something else might have been involved. Are you familiar with Valkyrie?"

Captain Wonder certainly has this woman's attention. She leans on one leg and crosses her arms, "What about her?"

"I have evidence of a connection between Valkyrie and your sister's death. Not a direct one, mind, but evidence that the two were...related. May I come inside? I doubt this is the sort of thing you want discussed where your neighbors can see."

Captain Wonder certainly has this woman's attention. She leans on one leg and crosses her arms, "What about her?"

"I have evidence of a connection between Valkyrie and your sister's death. Not a direct one, mind, but evidence that the two were...related. May I come inside? I doubt this is the sort of thing you want discussed where your neighbors can see."

Wonder takes a seat, a perfect gentleman. "Yes, please. I prefer it straight." He looks around the house, trying to gauge the nature of both old and new occupant. As more a pleasantry than anything else, he says, "You have a lovely home. You and your sister must have minded it." When his tea comes in, he thanks her politely before he speaks again.

"I'm sorry to bring up these painful memories. My sister passed away a few years ago," he admitted unguardedly, "and I know how difficult this can be. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't concerned."

Wonder takes a seat, a perfect gentleman. "Yes, please. I prefer it straight." He looks around the house, trying to gauge the nature of both old and new occupant. As more a pleasantry than anything else, he says, "You have a lovely home. You and your sister must have minded it." When his tea comes in, he thanks her politely before he speaks again.

"I'm sorry to bring up these painful memories. My sister passed away a few years ago," he admitted unguardedly, "and I know how difficult this can be. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't concerned."

The woman doesn't say anything as Captain Wonder talks, even when he brings up her sisters death, she just keeps on making her tea. When she finishes, she turns and gives the superhero his mug "Here you go." She sits across from Captain Wonder, "My name's Cadence." There is a pause as Cadence considers, "So how long you been doing the superhero thing? You have an air of the 'old hat' about you." She sips her tea, her eyes examining the caped man.

The woman doesn't say anything as Captain Wonder talks, even when he brings up her sisters death, she just keeps on making her tea. When she finishes, she turns and gives the superhero his mug "Here you go." She sits across from Captain Wonder, "My name's Cadence." There is a pause as Cadence considers, "So how long you been doing the superhero thing? You have an air of the 'old hat' about you." She sips her tea, her eyes examining the caped man.

"I debuted in February of 1940," says Wonder evenly. He's (almost) used to not being recognized now, though it was certainly nice to get some recognition from those nice gentlemen at the comics company. "Though I have been inactive until recently." He sips his tea and studies Cadence, his body language that of a gentleman in a lady's house.

"Was your sister interested in superheroes?"

"I debuted in February of 1940," says Wonder evenly. He's (almost) used to not being recognized now, though it was certainly nice to get some recognition from those nice gentlemen at the comics company. "Though I have been inactive until recently." He sips his tea and studies Cadence, his body language that of a gentleman in a lady's house.

"I debuted in February of 1940...Though I have been inactive until recently."

"1940, eh?" Cadence nods thoughtfully, smiling wryly to herself.

"Interested?" Cadence chuckles a little. "Interested isn't a strong enough word. Superheroes were her life, really. They meant a lot to her." She takes a few moments for introspection, "I don't know. She was looking after us girls a lot, so maybe she liked the idea of someone looking after her, you know?" She sips her tea. "So why do you do it? The superhero thing?"