My first session GMing M&M

Mr. Fantastic

Well the first session is done, and I was able to successfully introduce two new characters into the campaign with one more joining us next week. I compiled a resource on the web for my players, and I thought I would share the site for those who are interested in reading what has happened so far in the campaign and what is coming up.

I've been absent from the forums a lot over the last little while because:

1) I've been developing the M&M Campaign

2) Wrote a Character Builder from scratch for M&M using MS Access, VBA and SQL Scripting, which calculates all aspects of building the charcter using M&M 2nd edition rules, and saves the Character info created by the builder in a database. It also allows me to auto-populate character sheets in excel (I didn't like the spreadsheet character generator [too much fiddling and not user-friendly enough for me] - I modified their output form tho [which I liked]). I made the program so I could generate Villains much easier and have the program calculate the power cost as I build it step by step, stats, feats, saves, etc...

3) I printed a thousand props for the campaign on cardstock on my laser color printer to scale (trucks, cars, forklifts, barells, helicopters, etc...) and cut them all out. Gah that was tedious... But well worth it. My players' seemed very excited when they saw the combat map and all the props on it. Trucks were moving, forklifts were driving, and barrels were flying! Was very fun.

4) Working tons of OT at work. Hoping it will slow down soon.

Anyways here is my site:

http://ultimatesuperheroreview.sasktelwebsite.net/ :super:

Also, there are links to two character sheets generated by my program on this site. You need to download the two fonts (Digital Strip & Badaboom BB) for the output to look normal.

I have some pretty fun ideas for subplots and I have a main driving master plot which is beginning to take hold of the city of Paragon unknown to the heroes... For those who like to read campaign action, feel free to post here and give me more ideas for subplots if you think of cool stuff. You can follow the action there. heh heh.

I am using a modern day (not futuristic) age, superheroes are not common (none exist that anyone knows of). This is the age where technology advances quickly. Prototypes are being developed by exceptionally intelligent people (maybe even superhero intelligence). Powered armor is at its infant stages, mutants are rare, tho popping up, and Criminal Masterminds are power hungry. It is a PL8 campaign to start. Anyways, enjoy. :)

Well the first session is done, and I was able to successfully introduce two new characters into the campaign with one more joining us next week. I compiled a resource on the web for my players, and I thought I would share the site for those who are interested in reading what has happened so far in the campaign and what is coming up.

I've been absent from the forums a lot over the last little while because:

1) I've been developing the M&M Campaign

2) Wrote a Character Builder from scratch for M&M using MS Access, VBA and SQL Scripting, which calculates all aspects of building the charcter using M&M 2nd edition rules, and saves the Character info created by the builder in a database. It also allows me to auto-populate character sheets in excel (I didn't like the spreadsheet character generator [too much fiddling and not user-friendly enough for me] - I modified their output form tho [which I liked]). I made the program so I could generate Villains much easier and have the program calculate the power cost as I build it step by step, stats, feats, saves, etc...

3) I printed a thousand props for the campaign on cardstock on my laser color printer to scale (trucks, cars, forklifts, barells, helicopters, etc...) and cut them all out. Gah that was tedious... But well worth it. My players' seemed very excited when they saw the combat map and all the props on it. Trucks were moving, forklifts were driving, and barrels were flying! Was very fun.

4) Working tons of OT at work. Hoping it will slow down soon.

Anyways here is my site:

http://ultimatesuperheroreview.sasktelwebsite.net/ :super:

Also, there are links to two character sheets generated by my program on this site. You need to download the two fonts (Digital Strip & Badaboom BB) for the output to look normal.

I have some pretty fun ideas for subplots and I have a main driving master plot which is beginning to take hold of the city of Paragon unknown to the heroes... For those who like to read campaign action, feel free to post here and give me more ideas for subplots if you think of cool stuff. You can follow the action there. heh heh.

I am using a modern day (not futuristic) age, superheroes are not common (none exist that anyone knows of). This is the age where technology advances quickly. Prototypes are being developed by exceptionally intelligent people (maybe even superhero intelligence). Powered armor is at its infant stages, mutants are rare, tho popping up, and Criminal Masterminds are power hungry. It is a PL8 campaign to start. Anyways, enjoy. :)

Wow! Nicely done. It's nice to know that there is someone around here who actually knows something about SQL. :oops:

Wow! Nicely done. It's nice to know that there is someone around here who actually knows something about SQL. :oops: