Tech Help Please!

Barnum

I am working on a video project for a friend, taking some various video clips and mastering them into a DVD with some slide shows . . . stuff like that.

Anyway, I have two disks (miniDVD-RWs) full of videos that I want to rip. I even have the miniDVD camera that they were recorded on, but the disks won't read in any DVD player (stand alone, PC DVD burner, Mac DVD burner, etc.). When I put the disks back in the camera, the videos will play in the camera, but when I try to finalize (necessary to make -RWs readable), unfinalize, or format the disks, these options are "blacked out" on the menu, indicating they are not available.

Any suggestions?

I am working on a video project for a friend, taking some various video clips and mastering them into a DVD with some slide shows . . . stuff like that.

Anyway, I have two disks (miniDVD-RWs) full of videos that I want to rip. I even have the miniDVD camera that they were recorded on, but the disks won't read in any DVD player (stand alone, PC DVD burner, Mac DVD burner, etc.). When I put the disks back in the camera, the videos will play in the camera, but when I try to finalize (necessary to make -RWs readable), unfinalize, or format the disks, these options are "blacked out" on the menu, indicating they are not available.

Any suggestions?

Jiggle the cord, kick it and if that doesn't work, throw it away and do it again. :)

Seriously, call a Circuit City or a Best Buy and ask them if they carry a connector. It shouldn't be overly expensive ($20 or so). Make sure you know the camera type and if you have the paperwork, the type of connector might be listed in there.

Jiggle the cord, kick it and if that doesn't work, throw it away and do it again. :)

Seriously, call a Circuit City or a Best Buy and ask them if they carry a connector. It shouldn't be overly expensive ($20 or so). Make sure you know the camera type and if you have the paperwork, the type of connector might be listed in there.

• 2 weeks later...