The Charlston

Ozob

He considered living for that long and knowing that everyone you knew was likely gone to the grave, or so old as to be unrecognizable. It was a very sobering thought and he again was reminded of her incredible cheer and personality to not constantly be dwelling on what was lost.

"...and you've only been awake again for a few months?" he mussed.

He tried to think of what changes had occurred between the 20's and now which made his head spin. Everything. Lucy was in a completely new world which might be as strange as if she had woken on Mars.

"Well then," he said with a brilliant smile, "I'll just have to help you adjust to this millennium. I'll admit that there are likely people versed better in history and all, but I think I can show you a decent time and get you caught up on the last 80 years or so. I can't even think where to begin... plane trip coast to coast? Video games? Surfing the internet? Movie theaters? The list goes on and on."

As the words tumbled out of his mouth, he realized that he might be getting a little a head of himself. Asking for permission was far better than assuming it.

"Sorry, getting a little carried away. What I meant to ask you is that, if you would have me, I'd be grateful to show you some of the better things the future has to offer."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her funk passed and he gave a little laugh.

“No…no we had movie theatres, no sound though. Have you ever seen Bollywood movie, so many colors and sounds it’s amazing.†Her eyes sparkled “I’m still getting use to how quickly movies move all these cut and edits. And yet they still last a couple of hours.â€

“And as for computers I still keep asking myself why so many people need log tables.†She gave a broad grin.

“I’ve making good progress on navigating my way through the 20th Century into the 21st. Though I don’t mind taking other along the journey. That was why I was at the Renaissance faire, though I’m still not sure on all this celebration of the past. Maybe it’s because I’ve so much less past to look upon.â€

He nodded, "well you've done a pretty good job. I had no real idea other than perhaps you were a bit of a history buff. Frankly, I was more worried that you might be sick and that your time here was going to be far too short. That would have really bummed me out."

Shaking his head he continued on, "But this... I thought I had an interesting life. Yours makes it look very mundane."

He paused then laughed pleasantly, "you know, when I was trying to find you. I kept thinking to myself, 'self, you know she's older than you.' To which I would reply, 'yes, but she's also seriously cool and totally interesting.' I was guessing a five year age gap. Guess I was off by a little more than that. However, for the record, you don't look a day over 25, and I can say that with a straight face."

"Oh, and I'm not kidding on the plane thing either. If you want, I could get us tickets to Paris or London and be there whenever you want. If you've never flown before, it's a pretty neat experience."

Lucy skin shaded slightly her equivalent of a blush.

“Rather than someone 96 years you’re senior?†she gave another laugh “I’m flattered you don’t think I show my whole 30 years, one of the advantages of my current state.â€

She looked into his young and attractive face and inwardly gave a little sigh, if only she had met someone like him 80 years ago. Then again there wasn’t anything like her back then as far as she was aware.

“Johnny look there something I need to make clear. I’m still trying to work out my feeling for a man who I last met 80 years ago.†She reached out and gently touched his hand. “I hate to say it, because it was a cliché even back in my day, but all I’m looking for right now is just a friend. Maybe… well I hope you can understand.â€

Johnny nodded, his smile still in place, "Lucy, if you just woke up disoriented to find the world has shifted from under you... yeah I totally understand. Look, I just met you and I can see how special you are, so I would have found it hard to believe that someone from before hadn't done the same. I mean that has to be pretty much like yesterday, so I totally understand your feelings. He has to be still very much on your mind."

"Now don't get me wrong," he continued, "I won't even try to pretend that I'm not disappointed, I mean it's not often that you find someone who seems to light up a room."

He reached over and took a hand again, "But, I do understand, and if you're looking for a friend, I'm happy to try and fill that spot. I'm new here, and it's been nice to have an awesome night with a beautiful woman. No complaints from me. I am also pretty sure that the dance school has another seven weeks for this course, if you're still teaching. I mean, if I'm going to learn, I might as well get it from an authentic subject matter expert."

Letting go of her hand with a gentle squeeze he sat back in his chair thinking, "So this gentleman... maybe he's become like you? Did you ever check in to see? Stranger things have happened."

Lucy looked thoughtful for a few minutes.

“I really don’t think so; my condition is unique, well almost. I’ve been lucky enough to learn a little of how I came to be. It’s another of my interesting little stories. It all started when I went to this function raising fund for the homeless, I spent a month on the streets so I help where I can, where I saw this picture…â€

She then went on to tell of her encounter with Bloody Nora, leaving out none of the gory details.

“…I went to a pretty dark place that day, but I think it was better to know these things.†She brightened up a little “I still have the picture it you want to see. Oh my god! I’ve just asked you to see my etchings.†The dark mood was lifted with a hearty laugh.