The Harvestfair(OOC)

Ari

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I assume I will need an initiative roll at some point here, so I rolled it for whenever you need it. Initiative roll 15+5 =20

If possible I want to ready an action to try and disarm Mike if he pulls a weapon. My attack roll is Attack roll for disarm 5+10=15

If that happens to hit my damage roll is Opposed damage roll for disarm 19+12=31

Of course if he does not pull a weapon of some kind I will just wait for his reaction.

Way ahead of me there, Paragon. But don't be in too much of a rush to get to a fight, there's still the chance Mike will be rattled enough by the fact that a super is onto his scheme to back down. ;)

And I think that would be an Intimidation check, if you would be so kind.

But anyway, if the worst does happen, here's The Lad's collective initiative check: 13.

Anyways, would you be okay with Mike having a chance to guess by Quintessence's voice that he's James?

For The Lads I'm using the basic Thug template. Mike gets to use the Soldier template, due to being older by far than the rest.

Mike's Will check: 13. He folds when he realizes that he and The Lads have drawn the attention of a super and his non-powered comrade(who must be crazy tough to fight alongside him after all!).

EDIT: Just a sec, let me revise that GM post, screwed up.

The Lads use Notice! 11, it is Totally Useless! Why did they even learn that move? It never works!

Mike uses Bluff!

19! It might be Effective, but we have no idea!

Mr. Mist(using book stats, this isn't supposed to be a difficult fight after all) rolls initiative in the lamp: 17.

Okay, to sum up before any horrible violence against them goes down, the preliminary combatants' list:

Quintessence: Init: 20, Status: Unharmed.

Mr. Mist: Init: 17, Staus: Unharmed.

Lads 1 to 12: Init: 13, Satus: Unharmed

Lots of cells! :D More seriously, there are several portable generators running nearby to provide electricity to lights, fans, provide a current for neon signs for booths, etcetera. Asad could drain from those without hurting anyone/thing.

I Ready an action.

At the first sight of one of the Lads pointing his gun, I use Obscure (1 mile radius). Since it is Selective, of course I target only the Lads.

Descriptor: I raise their coats, wrapping them over their heads and around their faces. A Nullify Magic stops it, but a Immunity to magic effects doesn't, because the obscuring is done by actual clothes before your eyes, that can be bypassed by X-ray vision or such.

If The Lads surrender I will take their weapons from them and break them. If you want me to roll a strength check let me know. If the make any other move at all I will jump into action and attack Mike.

Attack roll 11+10=21 Unarmed attack.

Damage roll 12+10=22 Unarmed Attack

It is getting obvious that Mike is stalling for time to have his boss make a move. The longer I wait the more chance that something will happen to endanger the public.

Okay, seeing as it's an energy attack it will actually hurt him, burning away a large section of the fog and causing Mr. Mist to lash out. He spreads a cloud of Nauseating gases over the heroes on the dock and Suffocating gases over the watching crowd, which renders the civilians in the crowd unconscious and incapacitates the heroes(except Asad who's in the sky) for one round, leaving the Lads unaffected, and making his henchmen free to take back up their weapons. Except for Mike of course, whose gun was broken.

GM Fiat! Everyone please take 1 HP for the setback.