Urban Regeneration

Lucy looked up into the eyes of the gangster and gave her warmest smile.

“I’m a reasonable woman. I’ll give you one chance to surrender; otherwise, well I’ll have to hurt you all.â€

Just to be sure she tested her chains; she could feel the strength flowing back into her limbs. She’d have to act fast before he noticed her skin paling again.

“If you do have to shoot could you at least use the old scare? Waste not, want not and all that.â€

A tiny bit of her was still a little unsure and scared that another bullet to the brain could hurt or even kill her again, but she had to trust that the Haitian would keep his side of the bargain.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

"Boss? Boss?" said the goon, prodding Revenant.

"What's this, its still that zombie broad! what's going on?" he spun around to the Hiatian, who gave Revenant a dirty look.

"It taking time, man..." he said, shrugging his shoulders. "Don't interfere haha!" he laughed, although Recenant could see he was nervously looking at the goons pistol.

"We had a deal...right!!!" he added emphatically, looking directly at Revenant with his eyes burning.

"A deal made on our souls...." he whispered, his voice hoarse and trailing off...

Lucy rolled her eyes that was the problem with people today no sense of drama.

“I know a deal a deal. Still doesn’t mean I can’t offer these people a way out now does it?â€

In one solid motion she stood up snapping the chain binding her.

“Sorry guy the offers off the table. I’ll try not to hurt you too much. Him on the other hand…â€

Allowing for the element of surprise she crossed the warehouse to put herself between the Haitian and the gangsters. She gave them all an evil grin.

“So gentlemen give me your best shot.â€

GM

“So gentlemen give me your best shot.â€

"What 'da blazes!" said the leader, spinning around and whipping out his pistol to bear on Revenant.

"Of all 'the two timin' double crossin' no-good scumbags...why cant 'da dead just stay dead!" he lamented, before tipping his fedora at the frozen corpse beside him.

"Exceptin' yoos, of corse, boss, no offences, like..." he added promptly.

He turned his attention back to Revenant.

"Well don't think we didn't come prepared for no funny tricks!" he screamed at her, furious. "I'm going to fill you so full of lead you could wear a bamboo cape and be a pencil. And if that don't work, I'll fry ya! Send in the flamethrowers!"

She had always wondered how fire would affect her, but she wasn’t really ready to find out right now. First thing first get rid of the danger to the Haitian.

Relying on the fact that the man in front of her didn’t know she was fully recovered snatched the gun right out of his hands. Acting totally unconcerned she turned her head towards the Haitian man.

“I suggest you leave now before they come to your senses. Unless you happen to be flame proof as well.†She turned back to the stills turned Hood.

“And to you I suggest…†with little effort she crushed his gun, letting the pieces fall to the ground “… I suggest you run.†She gave an evil grin.

GM

THe boss leader, is mouth aghast at his crushed gun, took heed of wise advice, turned heel, and fled at top speed.

"Shoot her down!" he screamed at his minions, as he fled the building.

The Hiatian, no longer staring at the barrel of any gun, gave Revenant a toothy grin, and followed suit.

"I'll be seeing you, in one life or da next!" he waved as he fled "And for three times I walks!" he added, just to reinforce the pact.

The five henchmen, to dumb (so far) to run, shot wildly at Revenant, who wasn't staying still this time. And for all the thug's big talk about martial prowess, they where just bullied with firearms. The bullets whizzed in all directions, but none the correct one.

A more serious threat approached however, two men in black armour and fire proof clothing, looking like they were riot police, although clearly on the other side of the law. And police didn't use burning flamethrowers.

They approached from opposite ends of the room, and, turning slightly, spewed forth two jets of flame at Revenant.

Reacting quickly Lucy rolled out of the path of both of the gouts of flame, but still parts of the stream flowed over her legs. It was a strange feeling and it certainly more painful than normal, but the flames seemed to have no effect on her what so ever.

Not wanting to waste time she crossed the room toward the closest armoured thug. Turning at the last minute she panted an elbow into the face plate of the man with a satisfying oomph.

“What’s the problem feeling a little hot and bothered?†she put a finger on her lips and looked puzzled “I wonder if you friend can hit me without affecting you? Are you prepared to find out?â€

• 2 weeks later...

GM

“What’s the problem feeling a little hot and bothered?†she put a finger on her lips and looked puzzled “I wonder if you friend can hit me without affecting you? Are you prepared to find out?â€

"Tough for him! I gotta job to do and thats the breaks!" said the kitted out man, bringing his flamethrower to bear. Once again, a blast of fire flew over Revenant and the fallen man.

The poor mook on the floor was not set alight - it seemed the head to toe armoured suit was also flame retardant, but the heat would be burning him even so.

Emboldened by the fire (and the whole warehouse was now beginning to alight), the five remaining thugs once again fired their guns, this time gifting Revenant with the taste of lead.

The pain was almost unbearable and she could feel her flesh boil and see patches of muscles under the holes burn in her clothing.

But she was focused not on her own plight, already her flesh was beginning to heal and strangely even her clothing, but on the man sent to kill her but had instead was being broiled alive.

Yes she had made a deal with the Haitian, but that didn’t mean she was going to make it easy. Besides as a lawyer she knew any deal had a degree of flexibility in its application.

She moved toward the man hoping to manhandle him as get him safely out of the burning building.

GM

The black clad fireman seemed to panic as the seemingly invulnerable Revenant pushed towards him through the fire. His flamethrower spewed left and right, up and down as he backed away.

"No! No! Stay away! Stay away!" he squealed, as Revenant strode through the fire and caught him in her iron grip, lifting him clean off the floor. The stream of fire circled around, his finger still on the trigger, as she hauled him up and around, ready to deposit him outside. The building was fully ablaze in many areas now, although it was not a full blown inferno.

"Get her!" yelled one of the mooks, as they continued firing at Revenant, bullets churning into her flesh. Even so, they were backing off, aware that it would not be long before the whole building was alight.

After a quick check to make sure that the man would land safely and she held him out with only one arm. He seemed to struggle a little but she had a solid grip on him. So she turned her attention on the others.

“I know what you’re thinking, she’s just a dumb hero she wouldn’t dare to drop a man to his death. But you know after all that voodoo magic I’ve come back a little different…†without looking back she dropped the man without seeming to care, noting the satisfying sound of him landing in the trash. Luckily only she could hear that.

She gave a broad evil smile “Now you have to ask yourself is what she is going to do with each of us?â€

(GM)

Looking around at the blazing building, the gunmen started to loose their nerve.

"Leave her hear to burn!" shouted one, turning to flee down the fire exit.

A few others fired a few rounds at Revenant - the smoke was beginning to obscure vision as well as choke the lungs.

"Forget this!" shouted another "I'm not going down in a fire. Lets split!" he said, and the collective bravery of the men broke and shattered. All of them turned heel and fled out of the building, just as the blazing ceiling started to collapse.

She was taking one last look around the burning warehouse before she left when she spotted him. The corpse (hopefully) of the man who had started his whole business, the reason she was here. She should just go leave him to burn unknown and unknown…

And yet that was exactly what he would have done, what he had done.

Curse she hefted the body onto her shoulders and walked to the nearest window, it was the quickest way out and she couldn’t use the trash from earlier in case the man hadn’t exited yet. She simply stepped from the building, landing in a crouch to try and minimize the damage. She felt her ankle twist badly as she landed but nothing major. She could literally walk it off.

GM

The fire engine sirens could already by heard as Revenant hit the floor, and started to walk off.

"Holy blazes will you look at that!" shouted one fireman as he started pulling out the hoses.

"Wasn't that a mob building? looks like those gang wars are getting more serious. Better call the cops!"

"I guess" replied the first, starting up his hose "doesn't look like its been used in years. Decades, maybe. Hell, the whole damn neighbourhood here is so run down, its barely worth putting the fire out..."

"Cut it out, we are professionals" snapped the second fireman "sure, I'm not going to cry over this building, but we got to stop it spreading. Steady with the hose... I do admit though, this shack had it coming. Now they can build something decent here. Who would have guessed the mob was into urban regeneration?"

~ Fin ~