And then there was one. [Next gen video format]

MBCE

Well it looks like all those people that bought PS3 made the right choice. Toshiba has just announced that they are pulling out of the HD-DVD business today. With Warner brothers deciding to support only Blu-ray after May, 2008, it seems Toshiba has decided to get out now. They are going to lose quite a lot of money by pulling out.

The link is in Japanese, but I thought it would be fairly interesting for those that wanted to look at it. I guess word should be getting out in English fairly soon, though.

I'm glad I waited to make my choice! :D

NHK news

Well it looks like all those people that bought PS3 made the right choice. Toshiba has just announced that they are pulling out of the HD-DVD business today. With Warner brothers deciding to support only Blu-ray after May, 2008, it seems Toshiba has decided to get out now. They are going to lose quite a lot of money by pulling out.

The link is in Japanese, but I thought it would be fairly interesting for those that wanted to look at it. I guess word should be getting out in English fairly soon, though.

I'm glad I waited to make my choice! :D

NHK news