Arcane Defenestration (IC)

Eviscerus

Starlight physically recoiled from the idea of sharing her true identity, but after a moment she accepted the clawed hand and gripped it tightly. "I am Starlight," she said, "the wielder of the Light of Pharos. No thanks is necessary, Leviathan. The heroes of this city should always support each other." She turned and cast a glance over the petite young woman who formed the third part of the their unlikely trio. Her powers had seemed very similar to Starlight's own; Langston Albright had assured her that no other Lightbringers had emerged since him, but could he have been mistaken?

Agnes softly landed and wandered over to the other two and slightly worried look on her face. But only before one last scan of the area to make sure that none of the assailants were still loitering around to cause trouble.

“Hey are you both okay?†as she wandered over, a concerned look on her face.

“Hi I’m Young Britannia, hence the accent. It complicated but rest assure here I am.â€

She carefully knelt down beside her two colleges.

“So can anyone tell me exactly who that nutter was? And why exactly he had a major beef with us?â€

Leviathan

Leviathan stared back over his shoulders to the place where Zealot disappeared, a look of consternation playing on his face.

"As to the identity of that madman, I can not say, though he seemed to be on some sort of insane crusade against magic users. The man is obviously imbalanced."

Leviathan turned back to Young Britannia and attempted a smile holding out his hand to shake. "Nice to meet you Young Britannia, my name is Leviathan. I do have to wonder though why there are so many light wielding heroes in this city. Are you all part of a family? I hope my channeling of the darkness does not offend in anyway. Speaking of which..."

Leviathan closed his eyes and concentrated, muttering to himself as darkness surrounded his skin, smoothing it out and reshaping bone structure till Veijlial appeared more human or atlantean.

"Heroism lies within the heart," Starlight said, "not within concepts of light or dark." After all, if anyone was going to judge someone based on how they appeared, it wasn't going to be the Grue. Leviathan did bring up a very good point, and she turned to address Young Brittania. "Estwhile ally," she said, bowing, "your powers and mine seem to spring from a similar source. Would you be willing to meet outside of our normal duties, to explore this connection?"

When she first arrived in the states Agnes was worried that none of the American heroes would want anything to do with her. Of cause she soon found out that this was further from the truth. Now one of them wanted to compare notes about their powers.

To them it might be a minor thing but this was a big deal to her, this was like being asked to jam with one of your musical heroes. She calmed herself inwardly, trying not to sound too much like a gibbering fan girl.

“To be honest I hadn’t really noticed it, I just wanted to help. And I would love to meet up and compare notes Starlight.â€

Leviathan

Veijlial took the time while Starlight and Britannia were talking to round up the hapless thugs, ensnaring all of them with dark tentacles. He then pulled out his cell phone and called the authorities before returning to the conversation.

"The constabulary are on their way to pick up these miscreants. I imagine they'll want statements regarding the identity of the madman that attacked us as well. If either of you have a problem with engaging with the authorities I would not begrudge you a quick exit, however the more information we can supply the officers the better able they will be to catch the miscreant. Providing, of course, that I don't find him first and show him that righteous fury resembles more the hurricane and tidal wave than it does the ramblings of the insane with pretty weapons." A look of cold anger played across Leviathan's face as he talked more of Zealot. After a minute he subsided back into a brooding silence. The madman's attack brought flashes of the scene from Jon's apartment and the attack by the Serpent People into the forefront of Veijlial's mind. The same anger, the same insane fervor tainted both Jon's murder as well as the scene all about the heroes now. The thought caused a shudder to ripple through Leviathan as he scanned the area, making sure there was no one waiting in the shadows.