The Date

Veiled Malice

The hard shelled villain is caught by surprise by the attack. The electrical energy hits her hard, slamming against her shell. When the blast is over, she's left with a blackened stomach, and an angry face, "You're gonna regret that, sparky..."

'Pseudo' shakes his head in dismay. "Not as much as you will regret attacking this establishment." Grim then drives her red alien claws as hard as she can into the brute's charred belly.

God, I sound like such a dork.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hard shelled villain is caught by surprise by the attack. The electrical energy hits her hard, slamming against her shell. When the blast is over, she's left with a blackened stomach, and an angry face, "You're gonna regret that, sparky..."

'Pseudo' shakes his head in dismay. "Not as much as you will regret attacking this establishment." Grim then drives her red alien claws as hard as she can into the brute's charred belly.

God, I sound like such a dork.

Shrugging off the girl's pathetic attempt to psyche him out, Ren once again leveled his lightning in a bottle at her. This time, the lights dimmed visibly throughout the restaurant, and indeed throughout the entire block, as the amperage draw increased to it's maximum level. Electrical arcs began to seep out of the protective enclosure, peeling the paint off the metal surface of the stall.

"Honestly, you would have been better off trying to hit the guy tethered to the ceiling," he pointed out helpfully, then let loose at her. Unfortunately, the unpredictable bolt of lightning skipped away from it's intended target and slammed into the bathroom sink, blasting the entire thing into shards of steel and porcelain. "Or you would, if I actually could hit you!"

Shrugging off the girl's pathetic attempt to psyche him out, Ren once again leveled his lightning in a bottle at her. This time, the lights dimmed visibly throughout the restaurant, and indeed throughout the entire block, as the amperage draw increased to it's maximum level. Electrical arcs began to seep out of the protective enclosure, peeling the paint off the metal surface of the stall.

"Honestly, you would have been better off trying to hit the guy tethered to the ceiling," he pointed out helpfully, then let loose at her. Unfortunately, the unpredictable bolt of lightning skipped away from it's intended target and slammed into the bathroom sink, blasting the entire thing into shards of steel and porcelain. "Or you would, if I actually could hit you!"

This was not good; not only were the two of them having little to no effect on the annoying Jawbreaker, but now Ren was embarrassing himself and destroying private property at the same time. The sooner they took out this gumdrop, the better.

Lynn pushes herself as she never has before, and her claws grow longer and sharper as she feels her temples throbbing; Grim-as-Pseudo glares at the candy-coated bruiser as she tries to visualize her hand punching right through her chest, and then throws all her strength behind her attack!

This was not good; not only were the two of them having little to no effect on the annoying Jawbreaker, but now Ren was embarrassing himself and destroying private property at the same time. The sooner they took out this gumdrop, the better.

Lynn pushes herself as she never has before, and her claws grow longer and sharper as she feels her temples throbbing; Grim-as-Pseudo glares at the candy-coated bruiser as she tries to visualize her hand punching right through her chest, and then throws all her strength behind her attack!

"Honestly, you would have been better off trying to hit the guy tethered to the ceiling..."

Jawbreaker looks at Nanowire with a glint of malice, "You know, that's not a bad idea." When Nanowire lets loose with his electrical discharge, Jawbreaker doesn't have a chance to evade it - luckily for her, it does enough evading for both of them. "Normally you only get one shot - you've had two. It's time to end this." Before she can move however, she sees the pseudo Pseudo last out with some claws of her own, "Nice try, Leaguer. After this, I think I'm gonna rock up to Freedom Hall and take the whole lot of you out. But first, I owe Sparky a visit." With that, she moves to the cubicle and reaches up to grab his 'arm gun', but Nano is too quick and moves it out of the way, "Quit movin' or I'm gonna hurt you more!"

It's at that point that a beautiful young woman with sea green hair opens the men's bathroom door, "Jawbreaker, what in hell is goin' on in here?" She quickly takes in the situation, letting her eyes rest on Pseudo, "Well, hello gorgeous. I ain't never met a real Freedom Leaguer before." She bats her eyes and smiles.

"Honestly, you would have been better off trying to hit the guy tethered to the ceiling..."

Jawbreaker looks at Nanowire with a glint of malice, "You know, that's not a bad idea." When Nanowire lets loose with his electrical discharge, Jawbreaker doesn't have a chance to evade it - luckily for her, it does enough evading for both of them. "Normally you only get one shot - you've had two. It's time to end this." Before she can move however, she sees the pseudo Pseudo last out with some claws of her own, "Nice try, Leaguer. After this, I think I'm gonna rock up to Freedom Hall and take the whole lot of you out. But first, I owe Sparky a visit." With that, she moves to the cubicle and reaches up to grab his 'arm gun', but Nano is too quick and moves it out of the way, "Quit movin' or I'm gonna hurt you more!"

It's at that point that a beautiful young woman with sea green hair opens the men's bathroom door, "Jawbreaker, what in hell is goin' on in here?" She quickly takes in the situation, letting her eyes rest on Pseudo, "Well, hello gorgeous. I ain't never met a real Freedom Leaguer before." She bats her eyes and smiles.

Ren cursed under his breath and severed the connection between himself and the light fixture. The multicolored woman was all over him, and he needed to get her off in a hurry. Instead of making a break past her, which would only bring him face-to-face with her busty companion, he fell back deeper into the stall. What he would need to do next wasn't the greatest, and was in fact likely to be the most disgusting thing he'd ever done, but it beat getting bludgeoned about the head and shoulders by a fuschia colored felon.

Maybe.

He rammed his hand into the toilet (thank god it had been cleaned recently) and concentrated for a second. The lightning jar went away, suddenly replaced by a small steel barrel that looked like a fire hose. "I hate myself for even considering saying this, but... it looks like you need to cool off!" Water came jetting out of the end of the nozzle, slicing into the woman and hurling her backwards twenty-five feet where she got dumped to the wet floor. "I can't believe I actually said that," he muttered to himself as she slid out of the stall.

Ren cursed under his breath and severed the connection between himself and the light fixture. The multicolored woman was all over him, and he needed to get her off in a hurry. Instead of making a break past her, which would only bring him face-to-face with her busty companion, he fell back deeper into the stall. What he would need to do next wasn't the greatest, and was in fact likely to be the most disgusting thing he'd ever done, but it beat getting bludgeoned about the head and shoulders by a fuschia colored felon.

Maybe.

He rammed his hand into the toilet (thank god it had been cleaned recently) and concentrated for a second. The lightning jar went away, suddenly replaced by a small steel barrel that looked like a fire hose. "I hate myself for even considering saying this, but... it looks like you need to cool off!" Water came jetting out of the end of the nozzle, slicing into the woman and hurling her backwards twenty-five feet where she got dumped to the wet floor. "I can't believe I actually said that," he muttered to himself as she slid out of the stall.

Jawbreaker raises a violet coloured eyebrow when Nano shoves his hand into the toilet. The odd attack catches her totally off guard and so she really feels the gush of water. Not only that, but she flies back into the bathroom wall, breaking yet another fawcett and filling the bathroom with even more water. Once she's stopped moving, Jawbreaker attempts to get up and say something, but she doesn't even make it to her knees before she falls back down again.

Meanwhile, the newest addition to the room looks on and cries in shock as her ally is hit for six. Her shock evaporates quickly, however, and her visage becomes a seductive smile, "Ok, ok, ok - why don't we just talk about this?" She seems to glow from some inner beauty and shine like purity... to Nanowire at least.

Jawbreaker raises a violet coloured eyebrow when Nano shoves his hand into the toilet. The odd attack catches her totally off guard and so she really feels the gush of water. Not only that, but she flies back into the bathroom wall, breaking yet another fawcett and filling the bathroom with even more water. Once she's stopped moving, Jawbreaker attempts to get up and say something, but she doesn't even make it to her knees before she falls back down again.

Meanwhile, the newest addition to the room looks on and cries in shock as her ally is hit for six. Her shock evaporates quickly, however, and her visage becomes a seductive smile, "Ok, ok, ok - why don't we just talk about this?" She seems to glow from some inner beauty and shine like purity... to Nanowire at least.

'Pseudo' sags against the wall as the full effect of her little stunt settles over her body like bags of wet sand.

Wow, that last punch really took a lot out of me, but I can't afford to lie down on the job now.

What is she...oh, she is not batting her eyelashes out of this one.

Summoning up her last reserves of strength, Lynn pulls herself together, squares her shoulders and walks right up to the newcomer with a big ol' smile on her face.

"I'm sorry, sweetie; I'm an alien and I'm gay."

She then precedes to drive her claws into the bimbo's gut.

'Pseudo' sags against the wall as the full effect of her little stunt settles over her body like bags of wet sand.

Wow, that last punch really took a lot out of me, but I can't afford to lie down on the job now.

What is she...oh, she is not batting her eyelashes out of this one.

Summoning up her last reserves of strength, Lynn pulls herself together, squares her shoulders and walks right up to the newcomer with a big ol' smile on her face.

"I'm sorry, sweetie; I'm an alien and I'm gay."

She then precedes to drive her claws into the bimbo's gut.

Ren allowed himself a small smile as the oddly-colored woman finally went to her knees - at least for the moment. He hoped she'd listen to reason and stay down or run off. Having to shoot her again would suck.

All of a sudden, the other femme fatale's voice rang out, and a strange feeling washed over him. For a moment, he felt his mind cloud over slightly, as if it had been filled with cotton balls. The sensation passed quickly, however, and left no ill effects in it's wake. He'd have to put her down as soon as well. There was no telling if repeated exposure to something like that might have a cumulative effect, but he'd rather not find out.

He leveled his weapon arm at the other woman and fired, but the ultra-high pressure stream missed her as Grim's claw knocked her back.

Ren allowed himself a small smile as the oddly-colored woman finally went to her knees - at least for the moment. He hoped she'd listen to reason and stay down or run off. Having to shoot her again would suck.

All of a sudden, the other femme fatale's voice rang out, and a strange feeling washed over him. For a moment, he felt his mind cloud over slightly, as if it had been filled with cotton balls. The sensation passed quickly, however, and left no ill effects in it's wake. He'd have to put her down as soon as well. There was no telling if repeated exposure to something like that might have a cumulative effect, but he'd rather not find out.

He leveled his weapon arm at the other woman and fired, but the ultra-high pressure stream missed her as Grim's claw knocked her back.

For a moment, all is still after Grim ploughs her hand into Crush and Nano's pressurised water whizzed past the villainess. Once everything had settled, however, Diedre lifts her sea green eyes up to Pseudo and bats them, "They're mighty big claws there, Pseudo - could be, perhaps, compensation?" It seemd the claws didn't hurt her at all! Before she can get double teamed once again, she dashed for the exit, running back into the restaurant.

For a moment, all is still after Grim ploughs her hand into Crush and Nano's pressurised water whizzed past the villainess. Once everything had settled, however, Diedre lifts her sea green eyes up to Pseudo and bats them, "They're mighty big claws there, Pseudo - could be, perhaps, compensation?" It seemd the claws didn't hurt her at all! Before she can get double teamed once again, she dashed for the exit, running back into the restaurant.

Grim's eyes go wide as her attack has no effect whatsoever on her foe, who then gleefully scampers off; the shapeshifter reverts back to her own form in her 'working' outfit, her face nearly as red with anger as she was when she was Pseudo.

"That little - not only does she laugh at my attempt to gut her, but she makes fun of my non-existent guy parts, which for some reason makes me even madder! Oh, that's it, I'm gonna buy a taser or something, I will not have my lack of manliness mocked by the likes of her."

She runs to the door, darts a look over her shoulder and hits Nano with her steely gaze, just as she starts to fade into her surroundings. "You coming, Robo-Man?" Barely waiting for a response, she sneaks into the restaurant to do a little invisible recon.

Grim's eyes go wide as her attack has no effect whatsoever on her foe, who then gleefully scampers off; the shapeshifter reverts back to her own form in her 'working' outfit, her face nearly as red with anger as she was when she was Pseudo.

"That little - not only does she laugh at my attempt to gut her, but she makes fun of my non-existent guy parts, which for some reason makes me even madder! Oh, that's it, I'm gonna buy a taser or something, I will not have my lack of manliness mocked by the likes of her."

She runs to the door, darts a look over her shoulder and hits Nano with her steely gaze, just as she starts to fade into her surroundings. "You coming, Robo-Man?" Barely waiting for a response, she sneaks into the restaurant to do a little invisible recon.

Ren got up slowly, shaking the excess water (he prayed it was just water) off his arm while grimacing at the state of his clothing. His jacket was a total loss on the end of both arms, though. On one side, it had been burned off by the tremendous heat coming from the lightning gun he employed. The other had been sheared away by the nanobots reaching out for his various power sources. Added to that was the fact that water (again, let it only be water) got all over his pants, and Ren was more than a little miffed at these would-be robbers.

And Ren stopped dead, suddenly shocked into inactivity by the bizare comment coming from Lynn's mouth. Did she just say... but that's not... Finally, he shook it off and started towards the door. The girl was a shapeshifter, after all. He should have seen that one coming. "Right behind you," he said to Grim, inconspicously lagging behind.

Maybe if he got to the kitchen, he could actually be of use in the fight...

Ren got up slowly, shaking the excess water (he prayed it was just water) off his arm while grimacing at the state of his clothing. His jacket was a total loss on the end of both arms, though. On one side, it had been burned off by the tremendous heat coming from the lightning gun he employed. The other had been sheared away by the nanobots reaching out for his various power sources. Added to that was the fact that water (again, let it only be water) got all over his pants, and Ren was more than a little miffed at these would-be robbers.

And Ren stopped dead, suddenly shocked into inactivity by the bizare comment coming from Lynn's mouth. Did she just say... but that's not... Finally, he shook it off and started towards the door. The girl was a shapeshifter, after all. He should have seen that one coming. "Right behind you," he said to Grim, inconspicously lagging behind.

Maybe if he got to the kitchen, he could actually be of use in the fight...

The hall outside the bathroom is empty. Invisible Grim walks into the restaurant area to see the fleeing villain talking to a blonde woman, this one a little older. She's obviously part of the hold up. The blonde woman listens intently to what is being said to her with a hard look on her face. There is another young woman there. She looks quite a bit more, well, nerdy. She's a brunette and stands near the doorway of the restaurant. Strangely enough, there are two women with her - these women look very much (identical in fact) to the blone woman currently listening to the villain Grim was chasing.

For the moment, everyone stands still.