Die and let live (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Move Action: Anatomic Separation to remove head

Free Action: Switch Array from Morph to Fearsome Presence

Standard Action: Fearsome Presence (DC 22 Will)

I'm assuming these fellows are Minions, which means if they fail the DC 22 Will save, they take the worst result, which is "panics, dropping any held items and fleeing from you as quickly as possible."

Ok for Security Guards I am going to use the "Police" template, minus the strictly police skills (Investigate, etc) and with modified equipment (no vest, pistol, or tonfa, they have tasers instead).

1d20+3=22 Well Dang!

Standard Action: Fire's Taser.

1d20+3=23 Dang!!!

Well that would be a DC 20 Fort Stun Save. But of course Dead Head is Immune.

Move Action: Bolting out of Room anyway!

• 3 weeks later...

Dead Head may look like Kelly, but he's still as strong as Dead Head!

I'm assuming this is a wooden door with a Toughness of 3. Now, even fatigued as he is now (so at -2 to Strength), he'd easily be able to smash it down -- All-out Attack/Power Attack brings his damage up to +11, so that'd be a DC 26 Toughness save the door would need to make. Butt hat would be him rearing back and going at it like, well, a zombie desperately trying to smash in and get to the delicious living flesh within. Would there be a way he could force it open more discretely/quietly?

YOu can indeed splinter it into wooden shrapnel.

It is also unlocked!

I suppose the office also has a window to the outside world, and probably an air vent if you wish to use those modes of entrance. Heck, it probably has water pipes if you can think of a way to squeeze yourself through there, may be rolling an eyeball through the pipes...

Ah, the Richards's's! I wondered when they'd show again.

I'd like to see if Dead Head can sense any lingering necro-traces from their brief contact with Zombie!Cartwright. DH has Magic & Mental Awareness, with Acute & Analytical if it pertains to Necromantic stuff. Would those pcik up any lingering traces, or should I stunt some manner of Detect super-sense?

Hmmm, im in two minds about this as there are not any actual necromantic effects in play at present.

On the flip side, these things are open to fudging as it a lot of PLOT devicing here.

So, lets go with a DC 10 Notice check to get the faintest whiff of something necromantic lingering on Gorsky...

The Richards are clean, baby!

I appreciate thats a bit fudgy but hope its ok for purposes of plot.

By my calculations:

Dead Head - 1 Hero Point - Fatigued

And post away IC!, Gorsky has some Necromantic Whiff about him. He has been dabblin in stuff that should not be dabbled in! I should clarify that Gorsky is still not a major player here - he is not a minion, but has no necromantic powers, just the ritualist feat, so he would be no challenge in combat. Basically, he has performed necromantic rituals / used necromantic devices / etc.

• 2 weeks later...

To late! (see IC post)...well not really.

If you wish to Interpose that (they were aimed at you) and take a bullet to save the RIchards from possible Crossfire, have a hero point... I leave that up to you!

(And yes, its special precautions vs zombies. So for you have a corrosion 6 power and GM Fiat no regeneration from it. Yes, its nasty, but it is specifically designed against undead!)

Ie if you take a bullet its 2 Hero Points (Heroicism plus Fiat!). Plus, I edit my post!

DH'll take both!

Corrosion 6 #1: DC 16 Reflex save (Drain Toughness), DC 21 Toughness Save (1d20+6=10, 1d20+18=29) Ref sav fails by 6, so -3 Impervious Toughness; Toughness save is (29-3) = 26, which still passes.

Corrosion 6 #2: DC 16 Reflex save (Drain Toughness), DC 21 Toughness Save (1d20+6=18, 1d20+15=22) Ref save passed, Toughness save passes

Toughness reduced by 3 (from +18 [imp 12] to +15 [imp 9]), but no actual Damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you throw me a stealth roll DC 20 to avoid getting spotted by security / police etc? (there are quite a few about!)

ALso: I have a possible Idea to make Jake more wrapped up in this (it fits), so stats (at least provisional) would be needed. Otherwise I can keep him more peripheral. The former might be more dramatic, at a guess.

• 2 weeks later...