Die and let live (OOC)

Supercape

Sounds good to me, Ill say its a pocket rather than a bag if thats ok.

At this point, a distracted, fairly unskilled Gorsky is not going to notice eyeball (unless its blindingly obvious) with your stealth skill.

However, if you wish that (some fluke getting eyeball discovered) for complication / hero point you are welcome!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Tackling Gorsky! I.e., grappling Gorsky; All-Out Attack; charging if there's room to do so

Melee attack for Grapple; All-Out Attack (-5 Defense/+5 attack), possible Charging (+2 Attk/-2 Def) (1d20+14=18) 18, 20 if he can charge.

Grapple check; All-Out Attack (-5 Defense/+5 attack), possible Charging (+2 Attk/-2 Def) (1d20+21=33) 33, 35 if he could Charge

Remember that, per our House Rules, if Dead Head's Grapple check is better than Gorsky's, Gorsky is Pinned, and if DH's totla is 5+ more than Gorsky's, Gorsky is Bound and Helpless.

Yeah lets go for a charge. Its probably on the edge of being cramped, but its cool. In addition, of course, he is flat footed from surprise and being blind (arguably I suppose your noticible drawback on darkvision would allow him to target you, although its academic...was that how you meant it?)

He cant possibly make those rolls, he is bound and helpless. Post away IC.

The "recently-ish dabbled in Necromantic Rituals" type of ping?

If so, what type of Rituals?

DH's been thinking that Gorsky's plan was to kill the girl and bring her back as a zombie-esque being, one about as bright as Mr. Brown/Dr. Cartwright. Is that what it looks like was being worked on her? (Ar was already worked on her, and she's now already a zombie?!)

Hmmm, the difficulty here is balancing out analytical senses with plot!

My best balance:

Jake is dripping necromantic power around his head and eyes. It is very powerful - something very strong (PL 12!) has infused him, but it's not Jake its coming from, its like a lich or some other undead has affected him.

The girl has only a faint necromantic whiff, like the gentlest of breath, DH can barely make it out, almost like an idea of necromancy rather than necromancy itself. Its so faint he cant tell more than that, other than the two "pings", and the pings to date, are all of the same source.

Not a ritual, no. Arguably you wont actually pick up anything, as she has (currently) no necromantic effect on her. But you can sense she has been 'touched' by some ghostly / undead influence recently - in other words, she *has* had some necromantic effect on her, but it is not active now.

Features 1 (Internal Compartment) [1PP]!

I went back through the OOC, it looks like DH is still Fatigued, but also has 1 HP.

I'm hoping DH's action just caught Necromme so off-guard he will be able to run past the mind-whammied Jake. How would that be handled mechanically? Use an HP to nab the Fascinate (Intimidate) feat, make an Intimidate check? Use his Fearsome Presence? Something else?

In case a roll is needed: Intimidate check (1d20+17=33)

So, I will say Jake/Necromme has you covered. Its a bit of a rules fudge, I know...Giving him +2 to attack roll too for situation. Of course, he isn't very good with a gun...

As before its a COrrosion 6 Power, with no regen (have a HP if it hits)

1d20+2=12

As for the Inferno/Incinerator Effect, I think its best thought of us a Damage 10 effect if you are in it, 1/2 of that if you just put your smoking hand in it...

[Probably sensible to make this +2 DC every round, as you get cumulatively hotter. Ill cap that at something, but it helps to stop this drag on to long!]

So, Necromme: has a DC 30 Check:

Which he makes!

And Dead Head a DC 20 Toughness Check.

I appreciate lots of rules fudging there.

So we better move to Initiative for round 1:

1d20=11

Also quick clarification: Jake is not actually being hurt, it's just I thought it would be cool for him to start smoking now that his controller is in the fire!