Take The Skinheads Bowling

Heritage

NightrivalHS.jpg

'Linda' attempts to catch Nightrival's eye with a nod of her head, letting him know that she is here and more than ready.

Nightrival notices a young face in the crowd signalling to him, and he returns the gesture in understanding. He knows Grim will have some insight into this dire situation.

The crowd of people turn at teh sound of Nightribal's voice. Faces light up as usual and a few fingers point out the neighborhood hero. Scattered voices through the room could be heard.

Nightrival blushes under his mask. Not exactly the response I was expectin'. He adjusts himself on his makeshift seat and holds out his palms.

"Huh. Alright, then. It's, uh, good ta see ya too." He clears his throat and stretches his shoulder by rotating it.

"As ya already know, there's been a rash o' violence in our 'hood," he continues, only a touch louder. "I suggest folks stay indoors at night until we figure out what's goin' on. But I need yer help at this point. I see some o' ya are sportin' shiners and what-not. If yer comfortable talkin' about it, could some o' ya tell me what yer attackers looked like? What 'ave ya folks been seein' out there?"

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NightrivalHS.jpg

'Linda' attempts to catch Nightrival's eye with a nod of her head, letting him know that she is here and more than ready.

Nightrival notices a young face in the crowd signalling to him, and he returns the gesture in understanding. He knows Grim will have some insight into this dire situation.

The crowd of people turn at teh sound of Nightribal's voice. Faces light up as usual and a few fingers point out the neighborhood hero. Scattered voices through the room could be heard.

Nightrival blushes under his mask. Not exactly the response I was expectin'. He adjusts himself on his makeshift seat and holds out his palms.

"Huh. Alright, then. It's, uh, good ta see ya too." He clears his throat and stretches his shoulder by rotating it.

"As ya already know, there's been a rash o' violence in our 'hood," he continues, only a touch louder. "I suggest folks stay indoors at night until we figure out what's goin' on. But I need yer help at this point. I see some o' ya are sportin' shiners and what-not. If yer comfortable talkin' about it, could some o' ya tell me what yer attackers looked like? What 'ave ya folks been seein' out there?"

A lot of the people there look around at the other faces at Nightrival's words. A few of the people, that actually have fresh bruises lower their faces, not wanting to be singled out.

Over at the table with Grim, Nightrival can see that the larger portion of the wounded were there. One in the group, a man that could have been around thirty or so spoke up. "And what can you do about it? Even if we told you, you're just one man. There's more of them than you and even I know that enough people can take down a hero like yourself."

Heads nodded in agreement at the man's words. Some shook their heads in denail of the statement, while others simply looked to Nightrival to hear his response.

A lot of the people there look around at the other faces at Nightrival's words. A few of the people, that actually have fresh bruises lower their faces, not wanting to be singled out.

Over at the table with Grim, Nightrival can see that the larger portion of the wounded were there. One in the group, a man that could have been around thirty or so spoke up. "And what can you do about it? Even if we told you, you're just one man. There's more of them than you and even I know that enough people can take down a hero like yourself."

Heads nodded in agreement at the man's words. Some shook their heads in denail of the statement, while others simply looked to Nightrival to hear his response.

NightrivalHS.jpg

"And what can you do about it? Even if we told you, you're just one man. There's more of them than you and even I know that enough people can take down a hero like yourself."

"Fair enough," retorts Nightrival. "But I ain't workin' alone on this." He stands up from his seat.

"The cops 'ave their hands full and the League is probably fightin' planet-eatin' monsters from outer space. 'Ave the papers even wrote about this? Someone hasta take a stand soon or these punks are gonna run rampant in our 'hood. Ya seen the scene out there; we gotta work together or jerks like these are jus' gonna roll over us. This is our home and no one ain't gonna take it from us."

Nightrival steps closer to the audience. "I understand if ya don't want the spotlight on ya, but I need yer statement ta put an end ta this. Ya'll can talk ta me one-on-one, it don't matter. I'll be here ta listen."

NightrivalHS.jpg

"And what can you do about it? Even if we told you, you're just one man. There's more of them than you and even I know that enough people can take down a hero like yourself."

"Fair enough," retorts Nightrival. "But I ain't workin' alone on this." He stands up from his seat.

"The cops 'ave their hands full and the League is probably fightin' planet-eatin' monsters from outer space. 'Ave the papers even wrote about this? Someone hasta take a stand soon or these punks are gonna run rampant in our 'hood. Ya seen the scene out there; we gotta work together or jerks like these are jus' gonna roll over us. This is our home and no one ain't gonna take it from us."

Nightrival steps closer to the audience. "I understand if ya don't want the spotlight on ya, but I need yer statement ta put an end ta this. Ya'll can talk ta me one-on-one, it don't matter. I'll be here ta listen."

The response he gets is up-lifting. Heads nod in agreement and a few voice shout out their agreement. Even the man that spoke up earlier nods his head in understanding.

The woman that was talking to Grim speaks up. "It was the Brotherhood. They've started beating up on us, looking for money or worse." She looks over at Grim for a moment before turning back towards Nightrival. "It's gotten so bad that most of us are afraid to even leave here."

More heads nod at her words, confirming just how wide spread the problem had become.

The response he gets is up-lifting. Heads nod in agreement and a few voice shout out their agreement. Even the man that spoke up earlier nods his head in understanding.

The woman that was talking to Grim speaks up. "It was the Brotherhood. They've started beating up on us, looking for money or worse." She looks over at Grim for a moment before turning back towards Nightrival. "It's gotten so bad that most of us are afraid to even leave here."

More heads nod at her words, confirming just how wide spread the problem had become.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival approaches the woman and places his hand on her shoulder. "I bumped into 'em awhile ago. I'm sorry this happened to ya, and I'll do my best to put a stop ta it. Ya 'ave my word."

He steps back to address the crowd again. "The Brotherhood is gettin' bolder, spreadin' out and claimin' territory. Sounds like they're financin' somethin' big. I dunno why they're puttin' down stakes but I reckon I'll know soon enough, 'cause tonight I'm shuttin' 'em down."

Nightrival pauses for a moment then turns to leave. He suddenly stops and looks to the group.

"Stick together. Look out for each other. Stay in at night and spread the word. Starting now, we're at war."

He nods then walks out of the dining room and through the doors leading to the kitchen. He hopes Grim can tear away from everyone in time to join him. I'm goin' ta need all the help I can get.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival approaches the woman and places his hand on her shoulder. "I bumped into 'em awhile ago. I'm sorry this happened to ya, and I'll do my best to put a stop ta it. Ya 'ave my word."

He steps back to address the crowd again. "The Brotherhood is gettin' bolder, spreadin' out and claimin' territory. Sounds like they're financin' somethin' big. I dunno why they're puttin' down stakes but I reckon I'll know soon enough, 'cause tonight I'm shuttin' 'em down."

Nightrival pauses for a moment then turns to leave. He suddenly stops and looks to the group.

"Stick together. Look out for each other. Stay in at night and spread the word. Starting now, we're at war."

He nods then walks out of the dining room and through the doors leading to the kitchen. He hopes Grim can tear away from everyone in time to join him. I'm goin' ta need all the help I can get.

The mood in the room is electric, and Grim smiles as she feels it in her pulse and stomach.

I have the coolest boss ever.

She grabs another few forkfuls of food, hastily excuses herself, and quickly makes her way back to the kitchen; not her most graceful exit, but what are ya gonna do?

"Hiya, bossman." She peers at him closely and gently lays a hand against his cheek. "Ooh, looks like you already had a busy night; you need an aspirin or something? I could go get Sister Claire."

The mood in the room is electric, and Grim smiles as she feels it in her pulse and stomach.

I have the coolest boss ever.

She grabs another few forkfuls of food, hastily excuses herself, and quickly makes her way back to the kitchen; not her most graceful exit, but what are ya gonna do?

"Hiya, bossman." She peers at him closely and gently lays a hand against his cheek. "Ooh, looks like you already had a busy night; you need an aspirin or something? I could go get Sister Claire."

NightrivalHS.jpg

"I'm alright. Sister Claire's got enough on 'er plate, so to speak. You ready ta do some patrollin'? We can trade notes while we check out the 'hood."

NightrivalHS.jpg

"I'm alright. Sister Claire's got enough on 'er plate, so to speak. You ready ta do some patrollin'? We can trade notes while we check out the 'hood."

NightrivalHS.jpg

"After you, Mr. Rival; I'll change out in the alley."

"Sounds like a plan. See ya in five."

Nightrival quickly departs, eager to finish this unpleasant business with the Brotherhood. Although his fists ache to crush bone and bruise flesh, the wave of violence immensely unsettles him. He feels as though someone has swept a leg under his knees, dropping him to the ground. He narrows his eyes and grinds his teeth as he searches for why this terrible emptiness has suddenly enveloped him. Gang violence is always disturbing, but Nightrival has never reacted this strongly.

It's like they're aimin' for the heart, tryin' ta bleed us ta death.

He opens the back door and walks out into the alley. Bounding off the dumpster and up to the roof, Nightrival perches on the edge and waits for Grim.

NightrivalHS.jpg

"After you, Mr. Rival; I'll change out in the alley."

Nightrival quickly departs, eager to finish this unpleasant business with the Brotherhood. Although his fists ache to crush bone and bruise flesh, the wave of violence immensely unsettles him. He feels as though someone has swept a leg under his knees, dropping him to the ground. He narrows his eyes and grinds his teeth as he searches for why this terrible emptiness has suddenly enveloped him. Gang violence is always disturbing, but Nightrival has never reacted this strongly.

It's like they're aimin' for the heart, tryin' ta bleed us ta death.

He opens the back door and walks out into the alley. Bounding off the dumpster and up to the roof, Nightrival perches on the edge and waits for Grim.

Lynn nods and makes her way out to the alley; once she's sure the coast is clear, her body is obscured by the familiar gray mist, leaving in its wake the form of Grimalkin. She easily scales the roof and joins her battered yet determined mentor; she approaches him, and there is none of her usual humor in her voice when she speaks, just heartache and barely restrained rage.

"Okay, I need to say something right now, and I don't know how you're gonna feel about it, but it needs to be said: I want to kill these guys. I don't want to just beat 'em up and leave 'em for the cops, so they can get lawyers and be out back on the street doing this **** again. I want them in the ground, and I want them to stay that way. I am willing to settle for crippled for life as a compromise, but that's as reasonable as I'm gonna get on this one."

Her entire body is shaking by the time she finishes talking, and blood is trickling out of her clenched fists.

Lynn nods and makes her way out to the alley; once she's sure the coast is clear, her body is obscured by the familiar gray mist, leaving in its wake the form of Grimalkin. She easily scales the roof and joins her battered yet determined mentor; she approaches him, and there is none of her usual humor in her voice when she speaks, just heartache and barely restrained rage.

"Okay, I need to say something right now, and I don't know how you're gonna feel about it, but it needs to be said: I want to kill these guys. I don't want to just beat 'em up and leave 'em for the cops, so they can get lawyers and be out back on the street doing this **** again. I want them in the ground, and I want them to stay that way. I am willing to settle for crippled for life as a compromise, but that's as reasonable as I'm gonna get on this one."

Her entire body is shaking by the time she finishes talking, and blood is trickling out of her clenched fists.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival sighs and gazes out to the steady sea of lights stretching out before the two heroes.

"I know how ya feel. Folks are gettin' hurt real bad out there and for once someone can do somethin' about it. But," he adds, staring straight into Grim's eyes, "ya remember what I told ya? I don't help bullies and killers. I know these punks deserve a world o' hurt, but killin' 'em won't solve anythin'. Ya get marked as a murderer and th' bad guys step up the bloodshed. No one wants that, and those folks down there don't want that."

He looks down to the alley adjoining the shelter. "Think first o' the people yer helpin', and ya'll see that yer no good ta anyone if yer on th' run or dead. Focus yer anger. Our job is ta control, not ta dominate."

Nightrival snorts and shakes his head. "Sorry, I didn't want all that ta sound like incoherant New Age babble. Just, ya know, don't get all 90's on me and start killin' folks."

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival sighs and gazes out to the steady sea of lights stretching out before the two heroes.

"I know how ya feel. Folks are gettin' hurt real bad out there and for once someone can do somethin' about it. But," he adds, staring straight into Grim's eyes, "ya remember what I told ya? I don't help bullies and killers. I know these punks deserve a world o' hurt, but killin' 'em won't solve anythin'. Ya get marked as a murderer and th' bad guys step up the bloodshed. No one wants that, and those folks down there don't want that."

He looks down to the alley adjoining the shelter. "Think first o' the people yer helpin', and ya'll see that yer no good ta anyone if yer on th' run or dead. Focus yer anger. Our job is ta control, not ta dominate."

Nightrival snorts and shakes his head. "Sorry, I didn't want all that ta sound like incoherant New Age babble. Just, ya know, don't get all 90's on me and start killin' folks."

Grim listens to him intently, her eyes locked with his, and as the wisdom of his words penetrates her rage, her features soften and her fists unclench; she finally drops down to an easy crouch and takes a few deep breaths as she nods.

"Yeah, ok...I see where you're coming from; I'm no use to anybody dead or in jail." She wipes her face, then rubs both hands rapidly through her hair before standing up again. "Gah! Ok, head in the game. I don't want this to go like our first night together, but worse.'

She scans the urban horizon thoughtfully, then turns back to Nightrival with a quizzical expression. "Do we know where they like to hide out? Can we, like, scope it out, do some recon or whatever?"

Grim listens to him intently, her eyes locked with his, and as the wisdom of his words penetrates her rage, her features soften and her fists unclench; she finally drops down to an easy crouch and takes a few deep breaths as she nods.

"Yeah, ok...I see where you're coming from; I'm no use to anybody dead or in jail." She wipes her face, then rubs both hands rapidly through her hair before standing up again. "Gah! Ok, head in the game. I don't want this to go like our first night together, but worse.'

She scans the urban horizon thoughtfully, then turns back to Nightrival with a quizzical expression. "Do we know where they like to hide out? Can we, like, scope it out, do some recon or whatever?"

NightrivalHS.jpg

"Yeah, ok...I see where you're coming from; I'm no use to anybody dead or in jail." She wipes her face, then rubs both hands rapidly through her hair before standing up again. "Gah! Ok, head in the game. I don't want this to go like our first night together, but worse."

Nightrival nods his head in response.

"Do we know where they like to hide out? Can we, like, scope it out, do some recon or whatever?"

"I dunno where they're hangin' out. We gotta work from the ground up, start patrollin' westwards and shake down any punks that cross our path."

He stands up. "We better get goin'. The Brotherhood ain't excatly waitin' on us." And like Grim, I wanna see some justice tonight.

Nightrival walks to the western edge of the roof and jumps to the neighbouring building, racing into the night to once again oppose those who would harm innocents. Tonight, he will earn his name.