PP Awards for August 2011 -- ALL SHOULD READ

Dr Archeville

Not a bad month -- 12 PL bumps :clap:, and 4 new Player Status Awards :golfclap:!

All characters except those in ref have been updated; the remained will get updated as soon as they get their thread lists to the Ref!

As mentioned, there are a few new House Rules, going into effect immediately:

Powers
    Alternate Form: Increasing the Action to use this power is a -1pp per step Drawback, not a -1pp/rank per step Flaw. (Since Alternate Form is not something one normally activates multiple times per combat -- in most cases, you activate it at the start of a fight and do not turn it off until you're done -- requiring a longer time to active it is not as big a hindrance as it would be for Attack effects like Blast, which would be used almost every round.)
    Concealment: Increasing the Action to use this effect is a -1pp per step Drawback, not a -1pp/rank per step Flaw. (See Alternate Form for the reasoning.)
    Density: Increasing the Action to use this effect is a -1pp per step Drawback, not a -1pp/rank per step Flaw. (See Alternate Form for the reasoning.)
    Growth: Increasing the Action to use this effect is a -1pp per step Drawback, not a -1pp/rank per step Flaw. (See Alternate Form for the reasoning.)
    Insubstantial: Increasing the Action to use this effect is a -1pp per step Drawback, not a -1pp/rank per step Flaw. (See Alternate Form for the reasoning.)
    (Shrinking gets a pass on this; while it would be internally consistent for us to make increasing its Action be a Drawback rather than a Flaw, the Refs feel Shrinking is overpriced as is for what it does and so could use the cost break.)
    (Most of these were all rules we'd had in our House Rules at one time, but they were accidentally omitted at some point.)

Power Modifiers
    Autofire: Autofire is to be limited to one rank.
    Subtle: Subtle for the Communication power works as stated in ULTIMATE POWER. For all other effects, Subtle works as follows: Subtle 1 requires a DC 20 Notice check to be detected by normal senses, but is noticed automatically by appropriate Awareness/Detect super-senses. Effects with Subtle 2 cannot be detected by normal senses, but can be noticed by an appropriate Awareness/Detect super-sense if the observer makes a DC 20 Notice check.

Combat
    Damage: Rather than being stunned by failing a Toughness save, characters will be dazed.
    Dazed: You are unable to take actions. You retain your dodge bonus to Defense.
    Since you're unable to take actions while Dazed, you will still need to make Concentration checks to maintain any Sustained-Duration powers (like Force Field), and are unable to use any Concentration-duration powers while Dazed.

The Refs are also working on tweaks on how PL is noted on character sheets (since not all chars are actually at the PL they have earned by virtue of power points), but there are many factors that go into PL, and thus so many things to track, this is still being debated. The Refs are still also discussing slight changes to the Player Reward system; I can tell you that no one will be losing or having to give up anything, so do not fear that.

Now, on with the points!

Arranged by Player, it looks like this:

alderwitch

Bombshell: 2pp

Phantom: 1pp

Psyche: 3pp

angrydurf

Ace Danger: 1pp

Phalanx: 1pp

Aoiroo

Catalyst: 4pp

Changeling: 3pp

Silhouette: 2pp

Arichamus

Heraldo: 1pp

King of Suits: 4pp

AvengerAssembled

Citizen: 3pp

Edge: 3pp

Freedom Angel: 1pp

Harrier: 1pp

Azuth65

Wisp: 4pp and can now be PL 12 :clap:

Breella

Flora: 7pp and can now be PL 11 :clap:

Broseidon

Satyr: 1pp

Cubist

Jubatus: 1pp

Cyroa

Dark Star: 0pp

Torque: 3pp and can now be PL 11 :clap:

Dariusprime

Fulcrum: 3pp

Darksider42

Rift: 2pp and can now be PL 12 :clap:

Dr Archeville

Dead Head: 2pp

Doktor Archeville [maxed]: 3pp

Protectron: 2pp

Ecalsneerg

Arrowhawk: 1pp

Equinox: 1pp and can now be PL 12 :clap: (she actually hit this a month or two ago, it was never noted!)

Geckoman: 2pp

Electra

Fleur de Joie: 3pp

Miss Americana: 2pp

Papercut: 4pp

Wander [maxed]: 4pp

FelicitousFolly no IC posts in 2 months; archiving

Maelstrom: ---

Fox

Dragonfly: 3pp

Gaian Knight: 0pp

Wraith: 2pp

Geez3r

Atlas:

Dynamo:

Gizmo

Ghost Girl: 4pp

Jack of all Blades [maxed]: 5pp which bumps Gizmo to Platinum Player Status :golfclap:

Midnight (II): 4pp

Wail: 4pp and can now be PL 14 :clap:

Godiva

Jade Dragon: 1pp

Lotus: 0pp

GranspearZX

Arcturus: 4pp and can now be PL 12 :clap:

Heritage

Cubic: 4pp

Gossamer: 1pp

Highwind

Mala Suerte: 2pp

JackgarPrime

Victory: 1pp

KnightDisciple

Cobalt Templar: 4pp

Gabriel: 3pp which bumps KnightDisciple to Silver Player Status :golfclap:

Lone Star

Kid Cthulhu: 3pp which bumps Lone Star to Silver Player Status :golfclap:

Mad Dog: 2pp

Zap: 2pp

Nimue

Nerin:

Quinn

Crow: 3pp

Overclock: 1pp

Push: 1pp

quotemyname

Blueshift: 3pp

Covalent: 4pp

Ferros: 1pp and can now be PL 11 :clap:

Raveled

Glowstar: 6pp and can now be PL 12 :clap:

Ironclad: 4pp which bumps Raveled to Silver Player Status :golfclap:, and can now be PL 11 :clap:

Semi-Autogyro

Myrmidon: 4pp and can now be PL 9 :clap:

Setzer

Vanguard:

ShaenTheBrain

Scarab: 2pp

Thrude: 1pp

Sorus

Sage: 4pp

Willow: 1pp

Sovem no IC in 2 months; archiving

Lucid: ---

Stormstallion

Hardcore:

Supercape

Lord Steam: 2pp

Rene de Saens: 2pp

Supercape: 5pp

Taar

Cheshire Blade:

Tendril

Tendril: 2pp

TiffanyKorta

Revenant: 7pp and can now be PL 11 :clap:

Young Britannia: 1pp

trollthumper

Cannonade: 3pp

Nick Cimitiere: 1pp

The 100+ Posts per Month Club

Breella/Flora (133)

Um. Not trying to be a pain, but, Gabriel should have 3pp.

As noted here, he got 16 IC posts, 17 counting the 2/1 GM posts.

And Sonya Sokolova, posted and approved in August, was only my 2nd NPC submitted (Fenris doesn't count since he was made as a PC, and I specifically asked and requested his NPC-change not count; he'll be un-NPCed eventually). Thus, she should net me 1 PP.

That said, my mistake may have been in not explicitly noting where that PP is supposed to go, which is Gabriel. Which gives him 210PP, and should make him Silver.

Err, I didn't realize till just now that I had to list my 20Q, and art and wiki page in the thread list for it to be counted sorry about that, so I should have a couple more points.

The 20Q will count (and I'll amend that now), but your bare-bones Wiki page will not. What art page? (Or do you mean the pic of Tendril on the Wiki page? That alone won't count for an extra point, either.)