Hecatonchire 2: 11, Unharmed, 0 HP

Phantom: 2, Bruised x1, 3 HP

Rene is still up next.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Equinox has 6 HP. However, she has to spend 1 one of these to make her Fatigued rather than Exhausted. This brings her down to 5 HP.

And then she's going to use Extraordinary Effort again.

This time, she's going to first use it for an Alternate Power:

Drain Toughness 11 (Extras: Range - Ranged [+1], Flaws: Action - Full [-1]) [11PP] and Blast 11 (Extras: Penetrating [+1], Flaws: Action - Full [-1]) [22PP], with the Power Feats Knockback 2 [2PP] = 35PP total.

The other use of Extra Effort given by Extraordinary Effort bumps this up to Rank 13.

Which is one hell of a big, scary magical power, but my justification is this: fire, physically, is a powerful destructive force. Spiritually... ditto. Fire ends magic spells. And, since intent is important, wanting to use fire to scourge a spell, like the one knitting the Grue corpses into one big form, means that your fire can possibly do that.

Also, it's like insanely hot fire. Equinox uses a lot of fire. This is a theme here.

So, I'm also going to buy a Heroic Feat, Power Attack. Down to 4 Hero Points.

And then I'm going to All-out Attack for 2 while Power Attacking for a full 5. The spell of death... DC 28 Fortitude for the Drain Toughness 13 effect, and DC 33 Toughness save for the Penetrating Blast 13 effect. (1d20+7=21)

So, big boom. Also, Equinox will be Unconscious next round if she doesn't spend a HP, and until that round, is at Defence 18. Fun.

And Hecatonchire 2 loses 2 Toughness (ignore the "1" on the IC listing) and promptly gets incinerated.

Nick Cimitiere: 21, Bruised x1, 5 HP

Rene: 19, Unharmed, 4 HP

Equinox: 18, Unharmed, 7 HP

Kid Cthulhu: 11, Unharmed, 3 HP

Hecatonchire 1: 11, Bruised x3, -4 Wisdom, 0 HP

Dead Head: 11, Unharmed, 0 HP

Mutt: 11, K.O.'d, 0 HP

Kid Cthulhu is up next. As one round has passed, the Hecatonchire has regained 1 Wisdom, but still has a -2 to all Will saves (screwed up the math the first time - my bad). So KC unleashes his Mental Blast 8, which necessitates a DC23 Will save. And it gets Stunned and Staggered.

Equinox: 18, Unharmed, 7 HP

Hecatonchire 1: 11, Bruised x3, -4 Wisdom, Stunned (KC's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

I'll let DH and Mutt go next instead of having the Hecatonchire shake it off via the power of Fiat.

Mutt's KO'd, so he's sleepin' it off.

DH is listed as

But since he interposed on Equinox's behalf against Hecatonchire #2 (last round), he was
    Dazed (Hecatonchire 2's Action), Staggered, Disabled, 0 HP
      Disabled: take a standard or move action, but if strenuous (attack, standard-action power), becomes dying

Staggered: can take a standard or a move action

Phantom didn't heal him, did she? It looks like she'd tried blasting the Hecatonchire again.

If he is Dazed/Staggered/Disabled (which he should be, I believe), he can't do anything, b/c he doesn't have an HP to break the Dazed. (Actually, check my latest RefCave post re: this.)

Bah. I copied the wrong section. My bad. And I forgot I was using the Dazed rules for this thread. I apologize again for the mess up.

Nick Cimitiere: 21, Bruised x1, 5 HP

Equinox: 18, Unharmed, 4 HP

Hecatonchire 1: 11, Bruised x3, -4 Wisdom, Dazed (KC's Action), Staggered 0 HP

Dead Head: 11, Dazed (Hecatonchire 2's Action), Staggered, Disabled, 0 HP

Okay, so with all that fixed, Phantom is up. She notices that Dead Head is having issues, so she Heals him. Dead Head can make an instant recovery check at +13.

So it's the next round, and Nick's up. He tries to use Ereshkigal's Talons again. And again misses. Screw it. Hero Point. At least that's a 23, which does it. DC31 Toughness save. It makes a 20, so it's down. We're out of rounds.

I'll let you get an IC post in if you want, Doc. After that, I'll wrap up the combat.

Recovery/Healing check, +13 Healing +9 Regen = +22 (1d20+22=31) That's enough to heal up everything

1 HP spent to clear the Dazed condition, so he can act. 0 HP now.

Dead Head's going to borrow a page from Equinox's book, and work his own version of a Big Magical Whammy. In his case, it's stripping the preservational magic (i.e., re-starting/accelerating the decompositional processes that are halted/slowed) in the big Undead Grue nasty, though doing so accelerates his own body's decomposition.

Reaction: Extraordinary Effort; will be Exhausted at beginning of next round

Part 1: Alternate Power off his Necromancy Array

Drain Toughness 12 (Extras: Affects Objects, Range 2 [Perception]; Flaws: Action [Full], Side Effect 2 [suffers Drain Toughness 12 automatically]) {12/12}

Part 2: Increase Power to bump up +2 ranks, to 14.

Full: Attack Hecatonchire #1.

Per our House Rules for Constructs (they make Reflex saves to resist Affects Objects Fort effects), it must make a DC 24 Reflex save.

As must Dead Head: Reflex save, DC 24, vs. Drain Toughness 14 (1d20+6=22) Fails by 2, so he only loses 1 point of Impervious Toughness