• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, that'll do it.

There's magic running all through the manor, but some of the most distinct, still vibrant signatures feel like they're in states of construction or analysis - a workshop or lab, maybe. Inside the lab are eight individuals. Four have a strong necromantic signature, while four others have a more pure, utilitarian magical signature.

Rene using magic paintbrush to give us all Concealment from Normal Senses.

Concealment 2 (Normal Vision, Extras: Affects Others, Area [General, Burst], Duration [Continuous], Range 2 [Perception], Flaws: Action 3 [Full], Feats: Close Range, Progression [Area] 2 [50ft radius], Selective) [12PP] (Invisible Ink)

All right, battle's joined! For reference, the Grue Revenants are AA's Galatea, with stats adjusted for PL13 - two of them will be Minions, two won't. The Grue Arcane are AA's Meta-Grue II with stats adjusted for PL13 - two of them will be Minions, two of them won't. Before we go into Initiative, Nick's taking advantage of the surprise round to hit one of the Grue Revenants with Ignis Fatuus. The Grue Revenant, however, has Uncanny Dodge (mental)... and as this is pretty much a mental power, it's not caught Flat-Footed. Ah well.

Oh yeah, that hits. Now the Grue needs to make a DC24 Will save. Which it does. Oh, well. Now for Initiative!

Nick goes on 21.

The Grue Revenants go on 22, 14, 8 and 3.

The Grue Arcane go on 21, 21, 11, and 8.

PYROKAGIUS!

(18:47:57) Ecalsneerg: Power Attacking for 2, so it's rank 13, i.e. DC 28

(18:48:00) System: Ecalsneerg rolls 1d10 and gets 2.

(18:48:07) Ecalsneerg: ... wait, that's a 1d10

(18:48:13) Ecalsneerg:

(18:48:24) Ecalsneerg: Someone teach me how to the type 2 instead of 1!

(18:48:27) System: Ecalsneerg rolls 1d20 and gets 15.

+9 = 24 to hit, with a DC28 fire Blast on one of the Grue Arcane.

Here's what Dead Head gets:

The Grue Arcane flag as bog-standard magical. Their magic doesn't seem filtered through any particular school or source; like the Grue in general, they adapt a homogenous blend to their purpose. The Grue Revenants, on the other hand, are like necrotic power batteries, stuffed to the gills with death magic. The bodies are clearly dead, and the souls seemed stitched in tight.

As for Equinox, she hits a Grue Arcane.

(21:09:22) System: trollthumper rolls 1d20 and gets 15.

And with a +13 Toughness, the Grue manages to soak it. Phantom and Kid Cthulhu get surprise actions, and then we're in the normal flow of combat.

(00:13:57) Lone_Star: Kid Cthulhu will use Summon Tentacles!

(00:14:01) System: Lone_Star rolls 1d20 and gets 17.

(00:14:04) Lone_Star: :rock:

Alrighty! He's got a +11 to hit, so that's a 28 total, and a DC 21 Reflex to avoid being ensnared. He's going to try to trap one of the Grue Arcane. I think I'll wait for your roll to post in the IC, Troll.