[Gorgon] Legacy Heroes (OOC)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then go ahead and start making the attack rolls. Glowstar'll switch to Focused Blast to get through that nasty Impervious. Glowstar's ranged attack roll w/ full All-Out Attack and Power Attack, vs Cosmicstar's Def. DC 31 (1d20+12=14) That... Doesn't hit. Ugh. Well, the boy's full-up on HP so I'll just reroll it; and with the lowest result being 11, he cannot miss. His part hits!

I call upon the power of Nikola Tesla! :science::tinfoil:

Move Action - Create weapon.

Damage 9 (Extras: Area [cloud, targeted] (1 rank only - 1x5 cloud), Penetrating +1, Range +1 (Ranged); Flaws: Distracting -1; Feats: Selective) [20 pp] Mark III Tesla Cannon

This means he has to move out of the area or, Megastar get smacked again by the secondary electrostatic feedback next round with the same DC if it hits.

Standard Action - Attack! Full on Power Attacking for +5 DC/-5 Def.

ATK roll -1d20+9=10 Smooth. :facepalm: Okay, blowing an HP to re-roll that!

HP Re-roll - 1d20+9=22. Much better. 15+9+5 = DC 29 Toughness

Myr's Defense is again +0

EDIT: Since Megastar is once again unable to act, I'll go ahead and post this action.

MOD NOTE

Actually, Raveled, since Cosmic Star has a damage 17 more than the most generous possible interpretation of that Snare's rank, even with +1 from Myrmidon layering it on (what with Super-Strength providing that bonus towards inanimate objects), there's actually no reason why this NPC should be in this situation.

With that in mind, I'm going to step in and make a quick GM post. Everyone take an HP for the Fiat. I'll have all of his damage conditions stay intact, since changing that would be a nightmare of book-keeping. (And since at this late date, we don't want the thread

Cosmicstar

Free Action: Cosmicstar switches his Cosmic Array to Super-Strength 14 and breaks the snare.

Standard Action: Cosmicstar grabs Myrmidon. 24 That hits.

Myrmidon is not capable of beating a +44 Grapple check, so I will not bother to roll.

Move Action He will throw Myrmidon at Changeling, continuing to All-Out Power Attack. (I will call this a ranged attack)

17 Good news for Changeling; the attack misses. Bad news for Myrmidon, he will hit the nearest wall at Mach 3.

That'll be a DC 38 Tou save, and then a DC 25 Tou save; one for the grab, and one for the sudden stop.

After this, normal Initiative will resume.

It could be worse; he's just dazed thanks to our house rules revisions. And thanks to the way staggered works, he only picked up the one bruise, because he got hit so hard he didn't get that badly hurt. Which makes sense, somehow. :P

All right, we're back in normal initiative. Cosmicstar is as bruised as he ever was, but is no longer dazed or bound.

Time to test out those new gloves! Crow teleports in and...

All Out Attack (+5 Attack, -5 Defense), Power Attack (+5 Damage, -5 Attack) Autofire Knives. (1d20+8=27) Woot. Okay, the Autofire was a mis-write, the move being used is the Blast 8 from the Summoned Talons Array detailed in the first page of the OOC thread. Improved Critical 2 means that's a crit. Ricochet 2 will be in effect here for purposes of AWESOME. He then teleports out beside the stunned Myrmidon and burns an HP for an extra Standard action, which he'll take as a Move Action, teleporting them both up to the roof overlooking the Zen Garden and taking cover.

So overall, that's a DC 33 Toughness save from our good friend Cosmicstar.

Glowstar's best option here... is Power Attack. Glowstar's ranged attack roll w/ +4/-4 Power Attack, vs Cosmicstar's Def. DC 23 (1d20+8=13) That's... That's just... :argh:Glowstar's ranged attack reroll w/ +4 Power Attack, vs Cosmicstar's Def. DC 23 (1d20+8=11) +10 makes it 21 which, with the Staggered, actually hits!

Cosmicstar's Toughness save, vs DC 23. (1d20+13=32) Sweet Christmas! At this rate the Irregulars won't live to see Christmas.

Cosmicstar is going to HP the Dazed away and then Stunt an attack. Which attack? This one. That's Strike 15 (Extra: Area/Burst [General] So a DC 25 Reflex save and then a DC 30/22 Toughness save.

Glowstar's Reflex save vs. DC 25. (1d20+6=13) Very much not.

Glowstar's Toughness save, vs DC 30. (1d20+12=18) Staggered + Dazed

Glowstar's Concentration check to keep Flight active, vs DC 13. (1d20+8=23) Well that's so good news, at least.

Initiative

32 Cosmicstar -- Bruisex5, Fatigue -- GM

19 Myrmidon -- Bruisedx1, Staggered -- HPx4

17 Changeling -- Uninjured -- HPx2

15 Crow -- Uninjured -- HPx4

14 Wisp -- Uninjured -- HPx3

10 Glowstar -- Staggered + Dazed -- HPx6

Myr is up, and everyone has some rolls to make.

I was going to have Myr do suppressive fire at Cosmic-star from range, but I guess I have to suffer with the rest of you lot. :P

Reflex Save vs. DC 25 - 1d20+6=14 That would be no.

Tou Save vs. DC 30 - 1d20+9=10 :argh: HP'ing that!

HP Toughness Save Re-Roll - 1d20+9=26 Much better. Myr picks up another bruise.

Okay, Myr's turn. No sense in holding back, Plus I don't think I can scratch him regardless, if I do. :?

Move Action - Create Weapon

Damage 9 (Extras: Area-(Line) [5x90 ft], Penetrating, Flaws: Distracting; Power Feats: Improved Crit x2 [18-20]) AM Heavy Mercury Laser

Gotta EE a standard action since Myr is staggered so he can use it.

Attack! - 1d20+9=27 Woo! Crit due to the improved crit range. Well, if Cosmic!star isn't immune to crits, that is.

That's a DC 15+5+9+5 = 34 Toughness Save.

Myr will be fatigued due to the EE, and Have a def of +0 too. Hopefully he'll pick someone else to shotput.