[Gorgon] Legacy Heroes (OOC)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Crow's breaking out his new invention; the Crow's Talons! A fantastical rune-engraved glove that lets him summon a whole whack of magically-copied knives, deep in the bowels of Parkhurst. By which I mean a pair of Blasts with a funky descriptor. :P

So Rav's given me permission to bring them in after I spend an HP and make the requisite rolls; Crow has access to Parkhurst, so this is also a good thing. It's going to be a 5-rank Device, Easy-To-Lose, so 3 PP x 5 = 15 PP, 10 + 15, DC 25 check. Since I've been dropping hints that Morgan's been planning these for a few months, I'd like to bypass the Design check; by now he's likely got a functional Device, and practically speaking he's got a +13, so Taking 20 on the check (even with an extra 20 hours per point, OY!) would result in a 33.

Now comes the fun part, Crafting! Unfortunately, Crow does not have any Crafting skills (grievous oversight on my part!), so therefore I must slap a few on there with Beginner's Luck. +5 to Craft (mechanical). With the point cost of 15 PP, that makes it a DC 25 check again. Unfortunately, that would require a Nat 20, and I can't Take 20 on the check...that's...tough. Which I really should've figured out before I started this process. Which vexes me greatly. Bleh.

Your call here, Rav; you mind waiting for an edit to go through for Morgan that gives him enough Craft to finish the job he's been working on all this time? Should I roll and hope for the best? Or should I bail on the whole idea?

Either way, here are the "completed" stats:

Device 5 (25 PP available, Easy-To-Lose) (Crow’s Talons) [15 PP]

Summoning Array (24 PP, Feats: Alternate Power 1) [25 PP]

Base Power: Blast 8 [Feats: Precise 2, Ricochet 2, Indirect, Improved Critical 2 (18-20), Subtle] (Summoned Crow’s Talons) [24PP]

Alternate Power: Blast 6 [Extras: Autofire; Feats: Precise, Ricochet 2, Indirect, Improved Critical 2 (18-20), Subtle] (Talon Barrage) [24 PP]

I'm going to say this, to both of you. One the hand, I really would hate it if you refuse to post or otherwise drag out the thread, just so your character can have some tactical/mechanical advantage gained from September's edits. On the other hand, this thread can't go forward until Azuth is back, anyway. So as long as it doesn't seem like you're deliberately trying to slow things down, I have no problem with Crow and Changeling using their fresh, September selves for the thread.

Okay, after much hubbub and edit-waits, here's Crow's Construction roll for those gloves. DC 25 Craft (artistic) Artificer check! (1d20+13=33) Ba-bam! Crow's successfully made the Talon gloves, and protecting Claremont's the best time to give them the acid test. ;)

For convinience, here's the glove build reposted.

Device 5 (25 PP available, Easy-To-Lose) (Crow’s Talons) [15 PP]

Summoning Array (24 PP, Feats: Alternate Power 1) [25 PP]

Base Power: Blast 8 [Feats: Precise 2, Ricochet 2, Indirect, Improved Critical 2 (18-20), Subtle] (Summoned Crow’s Talons) [24PP]

Alternate Power: Blast 6 [Extras: Autofire; Feats: Precise, Ricochet 2, Indirect, Improved Critical 2 (18-20), Subtle] (Talon Barrage) [24 PP]

Damage-wise, those'd be a DC 23 TOU save from the base Blast, and DC 21-26 for the Autofire Blast. Working on an IC post.

Surprise round! Everyone take a HP.

Cosmic!Mega is going to start by punching Glowstar. Punching him so hard.

Megastar's melee attack check, vs Glowstar's flat-footed Def. DC 33 (1d20+12=30) That actually ends up being DC 38. Guess why!!

Glowstar's Toughness save, vs DC 38. (1d20+12=23) That missed by exactly 15! And the Knockback is 32, which is higher than the progression table goes. Although taking the maximum distance would send him flying *Calculates* More than 470 miles. I think Megastar wins the Knockback competition. Time to fiat that a bit.

Megastar's going to make an Intimidate check against the Irregulars, and I'm going to rule that he gets a +4 bonus for just punting Glowstar out into the river.

(10:28:26) System: Raveled rolls 1d20 and gets 19.

That comes out to a DC 27 to resist being Shaken. Folks with Fearless don't have to worry about this, natch.

Initiative

32 Megastar -- Uninjured -- GM

19 Myrmidon -- Uninjured -- HPx4

17 Changeling -- Uninjured -- HPx2

15 Crow -- Uninjured -- HPx3

14 Wisp -- Uninjured -- HPx3

10 Glowstar -- Unconscious, River'd -- HPx6

Here we go. Myr has fearless so he's unaffected.

Free Action(s) - Summon helmet (quick change) and try to not get pasted.

Move Action - Feint using Know (Tactics) on Megastar (Using his benefit feat). Myr will take 10 using Skill mastery, so that's a DC 25 sense motive check needed for Megastar. Use Set-Up feat to transfer benefit to Changeling.

Standard Action - Ready Aid Another attempt (+Attack) on Megastar when Changeling enters melee. I'll roll this beforehand to save time. Aid another check vs. DC 10 - 1d20+9=24.

If/When Changeling takes advantage of this, +5 to Attack Roll vs. Megastar on her attack. (+2 Aid, +3 Teamwork).

Well, Crow's roommate and best friend just got moked. So that old family temper's about to kick in, big time.

Step One! Vanish!

Standard Action: Stunt: Obscure 6 (Rune of Blindness) (250 ft., Visual, Extras: Selective, Independent; Flaws: Limited [Normal Vision]) [7 pp]

-Basically fills the Zen Garden with a thick obscuring cloud of freezing mist and fog. Except for the Irregulars. 'cause they're cool like that. (And Selective is win). Note, the Obscure, due to Independent, will shrink by 1 rank each round, going down the requisite steps in the Progression Table.

Free Action: Activate Concealment! Skill Mastery Take 10 + Stealth 13 = Total Stealth 23. After discussion in chat, and weighing in by the Powers What Is:

(22:25:41) Dr_Archeville: the first one isn't Partial, it's just limited to Normal Vision. So it seems to me that anyone caught in the overlapping effects would be totally concealed if relying only on Normal Vision, but just Partially obsured if using some other vision (like infravision or ultravision).
So for the purposes of the exercise, Crow has Total Concealment for Normal Visual Senses, but anything else he's only got Partial Concealment.

Move Action: Teleport to a point about 100 feet away from Mr. Cosmicstar, which I believe raises the Notice DC, and starts organizing the troops via radio. Thank you for the earpieces, Myrmidon!

Zu, I still need a check for Wisp vs. that Intimidate.

Glowstar's unconscious, so nothing doing there.

Cosmicstar can't see! Oh noes! Thankfully he has Accurate Auditory Super-Senses, or this could be a pickle! Okay, he's going to toss a cosmic energy blast at Changeling because she just about KO'ed him last turn.

(21:52:21) System: Raveled rolls 1d20 and gets 17.
That's 33, which hits. DC 31 Toughness save for Changeling, please. For his next trick, he's going to fly up and out of the fog.

Initiative

32 Megastar -- Bruisex2 -- GM

19 Myrmidon -- Uninjured -- HPx4

17 Changeling -- Uninjured -- HPx2

15 Crow -- Uninjured -- HPx3

14 Wisp -- Uninjured -- HPx3

10 Glowstar -- Unconscious, Bed'd -- HPx6

Myr's up.

Move Action: Create Weapon

Snare 9 (Drawbacks: Reduced Range [5 90ft Range Increments / 450ft Max Range]; Feats: Conceals Auditory & Visual, Precise ) [20PP] (Expanding Foamthrower)

Standard Action: All-Out & Power Attack! (+5 DC, -5 Def) 1d20+9=24 DC 24 Ref Save from Cosmicstar if it hits.

Extra Effort: Move Action Hide in Plain Sight taking 10 (DC 24), Burn HP to cancel fatigue from EE.

Notes: Myrmidons' Defense is +4 for this round.