A New Day, A New Way (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that? My hearing aid seems to be busted... ;)

So, looks like Initiative order is

* Starsmore (26)

* Dryad & Kizzy (both 11)

** [in cases of ties, my local group goes with whoever's got the highest initiative modifier to go first, so in this case it'd be Kizzy (+5 Init), then Dryad (+3 Init)]

* Doktor Archeville (10)

What's that? My hearing aid seems to be busted... ;)

So, looks like Initiative order is

* Starsmore (26)

* Dryad & Kizzy (both 11)

** [in cases of ties, my local group goes with whoever's got the highest initiative modifier to go first, so in this case it'd be Kizzy (+5 Init), then Dryad (+3 Init)]

* Doktor Archeville (10)

Fortunately for me, she misses on the grab attempt (since her 14 misses his Defense of 18)!

Since you said you're new to M&M, you may not realize that, unlike other D20 games, in M&M 2E Str modifier does not apply to melee attack rolls (though it does apply to opposed Grapple checks), nor does Dex mod apply to ranged attacks.

Fortunately for me, she misses on the grab attempt (since her 14 misses his Defense of 18)!

Since you said you're new to M&M, you may not realize that, unlike other D20 games, in M&M 2E Str modifier does not apply to melee attack rolls (though it does apply to opposed Grapple checks), nor does Dex mod apply to ranged attacks.

If you hit someone (by getting higher on your attack roll than the target's Defense), they make a save against a DC determined by the intensity/rank of your attack. For damag effects (blast, Strike, unarmed slap upside the head), the DC is 15 + rank. For other effects, the DC is 10 + ranks.

So, in Keira's case:

[*:3rufrlp9]Her normal, un-powered punch would call for a DC (15 + her Str modifier of +0) 15 Toughness save
    [*:3rufrlp9]Her Shadow Whips (Blast 10) would call for a DC (15+10) 25 Toughness save.
    [*:3rufrlp9]Her Shadow Claws (Strike 11) would call for a DC (15+10) 26 Toughness save.

If they make the save, they're fine.

[*:3rufrlp9]If they fail by 1-4, they're Bruised (each Bruise imposes a cumulative -1 penalty on future Toughness saves).
    [*:3rufrlp9]If they fail by 5-9, they're Bruised & Stunned (cannot take actions, lose dodge bonus to Defense, and suffer an additional -2 to Defense) for one round.
    [*:3rufrlp9]If they fail by 10-14, they're Stunned for a round & Staggered (can only take a single standard or move action each round) for at least an hour.
    [*:3rufrlp9]If they fail by 15 or more, they're knocked unconscious (and any nonlethal damage done to them is considered lethal) for at least a minute.

A victim of her Shadow Tendrils (Snare 11) would first have to make a DC (10 + 11) 21 Reflex save to not be entangled (or bound & helpless). When first hit with the Snare, they'd also be subject to her Constitution Drain (rank 7), and so need to make a Fort save against DC (10+7) 17. While in the Snare, they can try and break out, as if the Snare were an object with a Toughness of 11 (the same rank as the Snare); if the trapped character has an attack with a damage bonus of 21 or more, they can automatically break out as a standard action, and if they have an attack with a damage bonus of 26 or higher, they can break out automatically as a free action. (I think the Drain would only affect the target once, though, not force a new save for every round they're stuck.)

A victim of her Attack Teleport would need to make a DC (10+11) 21 save, though you'll need to decide if it's Fortitude, Reflex or Will (decided at the time of power creation).

If you hit someone (by getting higher on your attack roll than the target's Defense), they make a save against a DC determined by the intensity/rank of your attack. For damag effects (blast, Strike, unarmed slap upside the head), the DC is 15 + rank. For other effects, the DC is 10 + ranks.

So, in Keira's case:

[*:3rufrlp9]Her normal, un-powered punch would call for a DC (15 + her Str modifier of +0) 15 Toughness save
    [*:3rufrlp9]Her Shadow Whips (Blast 10) would call for a DC (15+10) 25 Toughness save.
    [*:3rufrlp9]Her Shadow Claws (Strike 11) would call for a DC (15+10) 26 Toughness save.

If they make the save, they're fine.

[*:3rufrlp9]If they fail by 1-4, they're Bruised (each Bruise imposes a cumulative -1 penalty on future Toughness saves).
    [*:3rufrlp9]If they fail by 5-9, they're Bruised & Stunned (cannot take actions, lose dodge bonus to Defense, and suffer an additional -2 to Defense) for one round.
    [*:3rufrlp9]If they fail by 10-14, they're Stunned for a round & Staggered (can only take a single standard or move action each round) for at least an hour.
    [*:3rufrlp9]If they fail by 15 or more, they're knocked unconscious (and any nonlethal damage done to them is considered lethal) for at least a minute.

A victim of her Shadow Tendrils (Snare 11) would first have to make a DC (10 + 11) 21 Reflex save to not be entangled (or bound & helpless). When first hit with the Snare, they'd also be subject to her Constitution Drain (rank 7), and so need to make a Fort save against DC (10+7) 17. While in the Snare, they can try and break out, as if the Snare were an object with a Toughness of 11 (the same rank as the Snare); if the trapped character has an attack with a damage bonus of 21 or more, they can automatically break out as a standard action, and if they have an attack with a damage bonus of 26 or higher, they can break out automatically as a free action. (I think the Drain would only affect the target once, though, not force a new save for every round they're stuck.)

A victim of her Attack Teleport would need to make a DC (10+11) 21 save, though you'll need to decide if it's Fortitude, Reflex or Will (decided at the time of power creation).