A New Day, A New Way (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome :)

Yup, I at both both EN*World and the Atomic Think Tank, and the HERO System boards (though ATT far more than the other two). And, yes, shame Living Supers seems to be dying :(

Oh, you may want to re-check the link for your attack roll, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. (I think it'll be fixed if you delete the "d20+10=22" from the very end of the URL.)

You're welcome :)

Yup, I at both both EN*World and the Atomic Think Tank, and the HERO System boards (though ATT far more than the other two). And, yes, shame Living Supers seems to be dying :(

Oh, you may want to re-check the link for your attack roll, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. (I think it'll be fixed if you delete the "d20+10=22" from the very end of the URL.)

Alan's blast may've hit Dryad -- if she's Stunned for the round (and from the description, I think she is), her Defense is low enough that he would've hit. Which calls for either a DC 25 Toughness save (if he used his Blast), or a DC 20 Reflex save (if he used the Dazzle; from the post it's hard for me to tell which one he used).

Alan's blast may've hit Dryad -- if she's Stunned for the round (and from the description, I think she is), her Defense is low enough that he would've hit. Which calls for either a DC 25 Toughness save (if he used his Blast), or a DC 20 Reflex save (if he used the Dazzle; from the post it's hard for me to tell which one he used).

Okay, looks like Dryad failed her save against Star's Blast by 14, meaning she's both Stunned (cannot take actions, lose dodge bonus to Defense, and suffer an additional -2 to Defense) for a round & Staggered (can only take a single standard or move action each round) for at least an hour.

This doesn't mean she's beaten per se, but she's close to it. I, for one, would not mind seeing this go on a bit longer.

Since she's the villain of this story, there might can be some way we can do a "GM Fiat" where she can gain the benefit of a Hero point (I'd suggest either "Improve Roll" or "Recover") save in exchange for one or more of us (probably just Alan, since it was his attack) getting a Hero Point. We should probably contact the mods/admins for that, though (I'm still not entirely sure how player-run adventures should be handled here).

Okay, looks like Dryad failed her save against Star's Blast by 14, meaning she's both Stunned (cannot take actions, lose dodge bonus to Defense, and suffer an additional -2 to Defense) for a round & Staggered (can only take a single standard or move action each round) for at least an hour.

This doesn't mean she's beaten per se, but she's close to it. I, for one, would not mind seeing this go on a bit longer.

Since she's the villain of this story, there might can be some way we can do a "GM Fiat" where she can gain the benefit of a Hero point (I'd suggest either "Improve Roll" or "Recover") save in exchange for one or more of us (probably just Alan, since it was his attack) getting a Hero Point. We should probably contact the mods/admins for that, though (I'm still not entirely sure how player-run adventures should be handled here).

I'm still not entirely sure how player-run adventures should be handled here

In a case like this, whatever everyone agrees on is fine.

Since she's the villain of this story, there might can be some way we can do a "GM Fiat" where she can gain the benefit of a Hero point (I'd suggest either "Improve Roll" or "Recover") save in exchange for one or more of us (probably just Alan, since it was his attack) getting a Hero Point.

I think that works great as a solution. Or just give Alan a HP and let her "get away." Whatever works best for the story. (Or get her locked up, if that works too. Jail breaks can be fun too.)

If you guys just can't come to an agreement on what to do, PM me and I'll arbitrate. :D

I'm still not entirely sure how player-run adventures should be handled here

In a case like this, whatever everyone agrees on is fine.

Since she's the villain of this story, there might can be some way we can do a "GM Fiat" where she can gain the benefit of a Hero point (I'd suggest either "Improve Roll" or "Recover") save in exchange for one or more of us (probably just Alan, since it was his attack) getting a Hero Point.

I think that works great as a solution. Or just give Alan a HP and let her "get away." Whatever works best for the story. (Or get her locked up, if that works too. Jail breaks can be fun too.)

If you guys just can't come to an agreement on what to do, PM me and I'll arbitrate. :D

I'm up for whatever. I understand the dynamic is different on here than in a normal M&M game, so if she needs a "Fiat" I see absolutely no problem with her taking it. I also don't want her to get caught if that doesn't fit with her wants for her character. Right now, if she gets away, I have someone to pursue later and become part of my rogue gallery. The same could be said if she gets caught and gets away later.

So, it's up to Dryad what happens. As long as the story is good, I'm fine.

I'm up for whatever. I understand the dynamic is different on here than in a normal M&M game, so if she needs a "Fiat" I see absolutely no problem with her taking it. I also don't want her to get caught if that doesn't fit with her wants for her character. Right now, if she gets away, I have someone to pursue later and become part of my rogue gallery. The same could be said if she gets caught and gets away later.

So, it's up to Dryad what happens. As long as the story is good, I'm fine.

I suppose Dryad isn't stupid, and would probably allow herself to be sent to prison. What I don't understand is the idea of giving Star a Hero point. He defeated a creature his level with 2 team mates in tow, isn't a hero point supposed to be due for truly heroic feats? If you give Star one, you should give one to Jack as well for knocking me down so Star hit me in the first place!

Maybe Dryad should be archived...

*Sighs* Dryads first combat and it was over in two rounds.

I suppose Dryad isn't stupid, and would probably allow herself to be sent to prison. What I don't understand is the idea of giving Star a Hero point. He defeated a creature his level with 2 team mates in tow, isn't a hero point supposed to be due for truly heroic feats? If you give Star one, you should give one to Jack as well for knocking me down so Star hit me in the first place!

Maybe Dryad should be archived...

*Sighs* Dryads first combat and it was over in two rounds.

He'd get a Hero Point if "The GM" chose to use "GM Fiat" on Dryad's behalf. It'd keep her in the fight, thus making things harder for the heroes. Star'd be the one getting it since the "GM Fiat" (the thing granting the Hero Point) was done as a direct result to his actions.

Hero Points aren't just awarded for doing truly heroic things, they're awarded anytime a character's Complication comes up and makes things difficult, or whenever the GM uses "GM Fiat" to "cheat" the heroes.

I think Dryad's a really cool character, with a ton of potential. Don't be so quick to archive her just because her first foray didn't go so well. She can always break out of prison, and plot revenge on us (on Kizzy & Star for stopping her rampage/hurting her physically, and on Dr. Archeville for "tricking her into letting her guard down" and for "making promises he didn't keep, just like all the others!").

Or, maybe she does seek out his help, but the Green Man (or someone else) takes control of her and causes destruction, thus causing more confusion & misunderstanding.

Or maybe she flips out due not to some outside control but just her own horribly fractured mind (as the human and plant aspects in her fight for dominance).

So, question for now is: do you want to use GM Fiat to keep Dryad active in the fight longer, or not and have her be captured, or not and simply flee (possessing some conveniently passing-by bird or dog)?

He'd get a Hero Point if "The GM" chose to use "GM Fiat" on Dryad's behalf. It'd keep her in the fight, thus making things harder for the heroes. Star'd be the one getting it since the "GM Fiat" (the thing granting the Hero Point) was done as a direct result to his actions.

Hero Points aren't just awarded for doing truly heroic things, they're awarded anytime a character's Complication comes up and makes things difficult, or whenever the GM uses "GM Fiat" to "cheat" the heroes.

I think Dryad's a really cool character, with a ton of potential. Don't be so quick to archive her just because her first foray didn't go so well. She can always break out of prison, and plot revenge on us (on Kizzy & Star for stopping her rampage/hurting her physically, and on Dr. Archeville for "tricking her into letting her guard down" and for "making promises he didn't keep, just like all the others!").

Or, maybe she does seek out his help, but the Green Man (or someone else) takes control of her and causes destruction, thus causing more confusion & misunderstanding.

Or maybe she flips out due not to some outside control but just her own horribly fractured mind (as the human and plant aspects in her fight for dominance).

So, question for now is: do you want to use GM Fiat to keep Dryad active in the fight longer, or not and have her be captured, or not and simply flee (possessing some conveniently passing-by bird or dog)?