Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Raveled

Science Shenanegians (OOC)

Recommended Posts

The OOC for this thread. The thugs are using the builds for generic, well, thugs from the core book; two of them have Shotguns instead of pistols.

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative order:

11 Thug 1 (Shotgun) -- Uninjured -- GM

11 Thug 2 (Fleeing) -- Uninjured -- GM

7 Thug 3 (Revolved) -- Uninjured -- GM

7 Thug 4 (Walther) -- Uninjured -- GM

5 Wail -- Uninjured -- HPx3

Thugs fire! And the smart one runs!

Attack roll for 3 Thugs, vs Wail's Def. Varying DC. (1d20+2=21, 1d20+2=17, 1d20+2=21) Lordy, those are good rolls! But still, none of them hit.

Wail's up!

Share this post


Link to post

Wail will use his sit down and shut up power. To whit:

Emotion Control 13 (Extras: Area [General, Burst, 60ft radius], Linked [Trip], Flaws: Limited [Fear], Range 2 [Touch]) [7PP]

+ Trip 13 (Extras: Area [General, Burst], Linked [Emotion Control], Flaws: Range [Touch], Feats: Improved Trip) [14PP]

(Fearsome Roar) [21PP]

That's DC 23 Reflex to reduce the DC 23 Will save against Fear, and the worse of Strength or Dexterity against Area Trip. (1d20+13=29).

Share this post


Link to post

You recognize the cashier as a junior at Joesph Clark High School and a student of yours, Lamont Desmarais. 'Des' (he thinks his first name sounds stupid) is an unusually active debater; he rarely takes a fact at face value, but instead digs for facts. You're not sure what he's doing with a gun that turns people noir, though.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, the mass combat rules don't really have options for running groups as minions.

Share this post


Link to post

I more meant giving them all separate initiatives rather than just all at once. Doesn't really matter, since there's only one hero; they'll all go together anyway!

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative

20 - Mook 1 -- Uninjured -- Mook

20 - Mook 2 -- Uninjured -- Mook

15 - Mook 3 -- Uninjured -- Mook

14 - Wail -- Uninjured -- HPx3

14 - Mook 4 -- Uninjured -- Mook

8 - Mook 5 -- Uninjured -- Mook

4 - Mook 6 -- Uninjured -- Mook

4 - Mook 7 -- Uninjured -- Mook

3 - Mook 8 -- Uninjured -- Mook

Mooks 1 & 2 help out Mook 3 with Att. Mook 1 & 2 attack check for Aid Action, on Mook 3. DC 10 (1d20+5=25, 1d20+5=20)

Mook 3 shoots you with his blaster rifle. Mook 3's ranged attack check, vs Wail's flat-footed Def. DC 20 (1d20+9=17) That actually hits because Wail's still flat-footed.

Share this post


Link to post

Wait, why is he flat-footed? He knew the apartment was under attack before he entered. Is this a surprise round?

Share this post


Link to post

I thought it was that until his turn comes around in Initiative the first time, he counts as flat-footed.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh jeeze, you know what it is? I'm so used to playing characters with Uncanny Dodge. Never mind, you're absolutely right.

Toughness Save vs. DC 20. (1d20+13=25)

On the upside, it's nice to play a character who gets his full Toughness bonus even when he's flat-footed for a change!

Share this post


Link to post

Word. Okay:

Standard Action: Sonic Scream

Damage 13 (Extras: Area [General, Cone, 120ft], Linked [stun]) [24PP] + Stun 9 (Extras: Area [General, Cone], Linked [Damage]) [27PP] (Sonic Scream) [53PP]

He can probably catch all of them in that by aiming toward the hole in the wall. That'd be a DC 28 Toughness Save and a DC 19 Fortitude Save.

Share this post


Link to post

Alright! Then, for his move action, he'll move to the wall and make a try at leaping to grab the saucer.

EDIT: Ah, it's already gone. Never mind.

Share this post


Link to post

When searching the soldiers (which you could Take 10 or 20 on) you notice a small badge with a peculiar symbol: a round shield, subdivided into a number of hexagons by thin black lines. The soldiers are also wearing radios and ear buds under their armor, but if you try to take them more than a few inches from the body they are on they fry themselves. You could try a Know/Current Events to try and identify the symbol.

Share this post


Link to post

You could try a Know/Current Events to try and identify the symbol.

Not untrained, he can't.

Share this post


Link to post

Actually you could make an Int check to get a DC 10 or 15 answer, but let's move it along.

The symbol belongs to Hopolite Security, a PMC that works hard to avoid the media limelight. There have been rumors, though, that they have been involved in kidnapping of people with superpowers, and that the technology they deploy is leaps and bounds beyond what's available to their competitors/the public.

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×