A New Day, A New Way

Quiett

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The darkening outside combined with the interior of the cab makes Kizzy's shadowy-following much more visible. She sits in between the two older]/i] men and seems not to notice as the winding, misty-like shadows reach out and poke them at various intervals. The cab driver attempts to strike up a conversation which dies almost instantly as a smoky shadow tendril slides over the top of the seat and pats him on the head like a good dog. His eyes widen in fear and his teeth clench.

Kizzy seems not to notice and continues on as if everything is completely normal, chatting about various people that they pass and aspects of architecture that she finds interesting. Her attention never seems to focus on anything too intently or for very long and her chatter easily falls into the realm of background noise for anyone not caring to listen.

The darkening outside combined with the interior of the cab makes Kizzy's shadowy-following much more visible. She sits in between the two older]/i] men and seems not to notice as the winding, misty-like shadows reach out and poke them at various intervals. The cab driver attempts to strike up a conversation which dies almost instantly as a smoky shadow tendril slides over the top of the seat and pats him on the head like a good dog. His eyes widen in fear and his teeth clench.

Kizzy seems not to notice and continues on as if everything is completely normal, chatting about various people that they pass and aspects of architecture that she finds interesting. Her attention never seems to focus on anything too intently or for very long and her chatter easily falls into the realm of background noise for anyone not caring to listen.

Kizzy walks up to the bar and orders a drink. When the barkeep asks for her id she proceeds to berate him in a stream of Bulgarian. The surprised man just shakes his head and goes to get her drink. Kizzy turns to you and waves, looking quite pleased with herself. After a few moments she returns to the table, dancing on her way back and sits down unceremoniously into the booth. Silly Americans and your alcohol laws. They should change that.

Kizzy walks up to the bar and orders a drink. When the barkeep asks for her id she proceeds to berate him in a stream of Bulgarian. The surprised man just shakes his head and goes to get her drink. Kizzy turns to you and waves, looking quite pleased with herself. After a few moments she returns to the table, dancing on her way back and sits down unceremoniously into the booth. Silly Americans and your alcohol laws. They should change that.

"Bah!" Archeville said defiantly. "You may be content to guzzle down zhe poor alcoholic offerings here, but I expect -- nein, demand -- better out of a drink! Und as for dancing..." Archeville's indignant tone shifted back to a meeker one, "I... I don't dance. I haff, as zhet say, 'two left feet.' But I'm more zhan happy to sit here und vatch ozhers enjoy zhemselves!"

"Bah!" Archeville said defiantly. "You may be content to guzzle down zhe poor alcoholic offerings here, but I expect -- nein, demand -- better out of a drink! Und as for dancing..." Archeville's indignant tone shifted back to a meeker one, "I... I don't dance. I haff, as zhet say, 'two left feet.' But I'm more zhan happy to sit here und vatch ozhers enjoy zhemselves!"

Alan blushes a little when he notices the woman. "Looks like I'll be drinking." Alan chuckles a little and motions for the waitress. He sends a drink over to the young lady Kizzy pointed out and orders a beer for himself. He still seems to be watching the crowd for someone, but he seems to calm some after his drink arrives.

After Kizzy walks away toward the dance floor, Alan looks over at the doctor. "Can't say I blame you for not dancing."

Alan blushes a little when he notices the woman. "Looks like I'll be drinking." Alan chuckles a little and motions for the waitress. He sends a drink over to the young lady Kizzy pointed out and orders a beer for himself. He still seems to be watching the crowd for someone, but he seems to calm some after his drink arrives.

After Kizzy walks away toward the dance floor, Alan looks over at the doctor. "Can't say I blame you for not dancing."

"I just agreed to come here mit you two," Archeville said to Alan, "I never said anything about participating! Besides, ve all haff our own vays of haffing fun, ja? For me, it is fun to sit here und observe ozhers."

The super-scientist -- who looked even more out of place in the nightclub than he did in the residential area where they'd first met -- reached into his labcoat pockets, fumbling around for something. "Speaking of observing, I've noticed you seem to be looking for someone. A friend? A foe? A voman?" Archeville smirked and winked at that last one, at the same time withdrawing a medium-sized (about 4" x 6") notepad and a pencil from one of his pockets. As he flipped it open, Alan could see the briefest glimpse of mathematical and chemical formulas and technical sketchings.