A New Day, A New Way

Quiett

"I'm quite relieved to hear zhat, Alan!" Archeville said as he shook his hand. "I vould hate for us to get off on zhe wrong foot!"

"Bulgaria, eh?" he says/asks as he turns back to Keira. "Zhat's a good deal southeast from Germany, I believe. I am from Schönwald im Schwarzwald, in zhe Black Forest, far to zhe southwest of Hamburg. I haff been zhere a few times, helped break up a ring of smugglers operating zhere. Nasty business, zhat. As for mein belt, I'm afraid to say zhat zhis is zhe only one I haff. I had a spare, but it vas destroyed vhile fighting some self-proclaimed hexen -- er, witches -- in Externsteine."

"Plus," he added with a wink to Keira, for all I know, you two are villains trying to fool me into vorking for you!"

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kizzy laughs at this, her a villain? She tosses her head and looks at the still floating doctor with mock insult. A villain you say? You would call such a pretty lady a villain? I can't be evil, I'm only in High school. I'm not so sure about Alan here though, I mean he promised to show me around the town a bit. For all I know he's really a demon disguised as a sweet older man pretending to be kind and just waiting for a chance to kill me. Kizzy looks back at Alan and attempts to hold in a laugh before giving in. Hah, yea right! So doctor, what brings you into town all the way from Germany?

Kizzy laughs at this, her a villain? She tosses her head and looks at the still floating doctor with mock insult. A villain you say? You would call such a pretty lady a villain? I can't be evil, I'm only in High school. I'm not so sure about Alan here though, I mean he promised to show me around the town a bit. For all I know he's really a demon disguised as a sweet older man pretending to be kind and just waiting for a chance to kill me. Kizzy looks back at Alan and attempts to hold in a laugh before giving in. Hah, yea right! So doctor, what brings you into town all the way from Germany?

"How could I call you a villain? Vell, you are zhe one mit an unnatural trail of darkness behind you.... But, not all lights are good, nor is all darkness evil."

"As for vhy I am here, it is as I said: I vish to help. I've done much to help folks in Germany and some surrounding countries, but I believe I can do more good here," he spread his arms wide, "in Freedom City. I'm already working on setting up a base in Hanover, though zhe... bureaucracies here are less efficient zhan vhat I am used to."

"So, vhat brings you two out here? Are you a native, Alan?

"How could I call you a villain? Vell, you are zhe one mit an unnatural trail of darkness behind you.... But, not all lights are good, nor is all darkness evil."

"As for vhy I am here, it is as I said: I vish to help. I've done much to help folks in Germany and some surrounding countries, but I believe I can do more good here," he spread his arms wide, "in Freedom City. I'm already working on setting up a base in Hanover, though zhe... bureaucracies here are less efficient zhan vhat I am used to."

"So, vhat brings you two out here? Are you a native, Alan?

I'm not really sure why my parents decided to move here. Although it's easy to say why we've stayed. I suppose it's mostly my fault because of my...problems. Kizzy waves a lazy hand through one of the barely visible shadows and flicks a few of them away from her. She's not really surprised that the Doctor saw them although she always hopes that people just assume it's a trick of the light. It's only at dark when they become almost solid that everyone really takes notice. She looks down at the concrete, thinking to herself and then looks off at the children playing with the frisbee.

It's going to be dark in an hour or so. Alan promised to show me to where some of the better night clubs are. Are you one for dancing, Doctor? You do come from Germany and if I recall there are some crazy parties there.

I'm not really sure why my parents decided to move here. Although it's easy to say why we've stayed. I suppose it's mostly my fault because of my...problems. Kizzy waves a lazy hand through one of the barely visible shadows and flicks a few of them away from her. She's not really surprised that the Doctor saw them although she always hopes that people just assume it's a trick of the light. It's only at dark when they become almost solid that everyone really takes notice. She looks down at the concrete, thinking to herself and then looks off at the children playing with the frisbee.

It's going to be dark in an hour or so. Alan promised to show me to where some of the better night clubs are. Are you one for dancing, Doctor? You do come from Germany and if I recall there are some crazy parties there.

Alan finally notices the shadows around Kizzy. He stammers the next few sentences before regaining his composure.

"Na... Na... Native, yeah. I'm ah, from the... um city. Yeah, I grew up here. Lived here all my life except for the semester at Harvard."

Alan takes a step back from Kizzy, fully taking in the shadows around him. He seems more than a little uneasy suddenly.

Alan finally notices the shadows around Kizzy. He stammers the next few sentences before regaining his composure.

"Na... Na... Native, yeah. I'm ah, from the... um city. Yeah, I grew up here. Lived here all my life except for the semester at Harvard."

Alan takes a step back from Kizzy, fully taking in the shadows around him. He seems more than a little uneasy suddenly.

"Oh, ja, zhere haff indeed been some crazy parties in Germany...." he says with a chuckle, "und, since I am somewhat new here, und plan to be staying for zome time, I vould like to see zhe nightclubs. I never zhought to go out to zhem zhe first time I vas here -- I attended zhe Hanover Institute of Technology for a few semesters, a few years back."

"Harvard, eh?!" Archeville seemed to perk up when he heard Alan say that. "I haff been vanting to go zhere for zome time -- I hear zhere libraries are quite a sight. Vhat vere you zhere for? Business? Law? Medicine?"

"Oh, ja, zhere haff indeed been some crazy parties in Germany...." he says with a chuckle, "und, since I am somewhat new here, und plan to be staying for zome time, I vould like to see zhe nightclubs. I never zhought to go out to zhem zhe first time I vas here -- I attended zhe Hanover Institute of Technology for a few semesters, a few years back."

"Harvard, eh?!" Archeville seemed to perk up when he heard Alan say that. "I haff been vanting to go zhere for zome time -- I hear zhere libraries are quite a sight. Vhat vere you zhere for? Business? Law? Medicine?"

Alan looks up from the shadows to respond to the doctor.

"I was mostly there for flunking out. My father wanted me to go into business law to help him at his law firm. I wasn't really into the actual academics though.

My apartment is just around the corner. We can drop off my stuff and your skateboard if you want."

Alan looks up from the shadows to respond to the doctor.

"I was mostly there for flunking out. My father wanted me to go into business law to help him at his law firm. I wasn't really into the actual academics though.

My apartment is just around the corner. We can drop off my stuff and your skateboard if you want."

"Ah," Archeville replied, in a tone that seemed to be that of one trying to mask disappointment. "Vell, I'm sure you've found fine vays to make your mark in life, and shall have an exciting und interesting life in zhis fine city." Archeville again spread his arms wide to encompass both his newfound acquaintances, and his tone shifted to one more cheery and hopeful, "Both of you shall!"

"Ah," Archeville replied, in a tone that seemed to be that of one trying to mask disappointment. "Vell, I'm sure you've found fine vays to make your mark in life, and shall have an exciting und interesting life in zhis fine city." Archeville again spread his arms wide to encompass both his newfound acquaintances, and his tone shifted to one more cheery and hopeful, "Both of you shall!"

Sure let's drop some things off. Then you can show us around.

Kizzy starts to walk down the street and looks back to see if Alan and perhaps the Doctor are following. She wonders if she could steal his belt...but that's probally a bad idea. What kind of hero would she be if she stole! Kizzy secretly snickers to herself at the thought, she's just a student and not a hero anyway.

Sure let's drop some things off. Then you can show us around.

Kizzy starts to walk down the street and looks back to see if Alan and perhaps the Doctor are following. She wonders if she could steal his belt...but that's probally a bad idea. What kind of hero would she be if she stole! Kizzy secretly snickers to herself at the thought, she's just a student and not a hero anyway.

Alan moves quickly to lead the way to his apartment. He enters the building and leads his two new acquaintances to the 2nd floor where his loft is. He drops off his comics quickly to keep the two from seeing his mess.

"Alright, unless you two are hungry, I believe our next stop is Millennium."

Alan moves quickly to lead the way to his apartment. He enters the building and leads his two new acquaintances to the 2nd floor where his loft is. He drops off his comics quickly to keep the two from seeing his mess.

"Alright, unless you two are hungry, I believe our next stop is Millennium."