Invisible Horizons OOC

angrydurf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think it's about time for me to pull off a nightmarish amount of free actions again...

Can she access the security camera feed for that area? Or otherwise remotely view it? my alternative idea is cloaking up and running in, but I'm playing blueshift so I can have a character that DOESN'T just rush in when there's trouble ;)

Know what? Forget all that noise. I'm just going to sneak in. Let's move this along.

Mac will enter the area first using the following powers in case it matters.

Concealment 8 (All Visual, Audio & Radio Senses [Total]; Flaws: Blending; PFs: Close Range, Selective) and

Flight 4 (100 MPH)

Blueshift is going to see things through his eyes before she makes her own entrance. She does this by making use of Mac's power:

ESP 6 (Auditory + Visual Senses, Extras: Affects Others, Duration [sustained], Simultaneous; Flaws: Action [standard], Limited [Others], Limited 2 [blueshift's Visor], Feats: Subtle) [13pp] (Sensory Link)

She'll make any and all notice / search / knowledge checks available to her as a free action.

Sorry about the delay on this moving sucks.

Knowledge arcana will give you that these devices are likely to be volatile if nothing is done to stop their destruction. The Items seem to be ancient Atlantean weapons of war and thus likely to cause quite a bit of damage if nothing is done possibly detonating or worse opening unstable rifts.

Is the DC higher than a 27? She can hit that by taking 20.

She'll use a move action to enter the room herself, and a standard to use Gadgets to switch the filters on her super senses in her visor, Predator-style.

She'll Gadgets up the following if it's okay with you:

Triangulation Laser Targetting System:

Super Senses 2 (Vision Counters Concealment; Extras: Affects Others)

Basically, along with her own visor, she's going to toss three sticky nodes onto the walls. They'll emit lasers which point to where the thing is. Since there are three of them, it should be easy for anyone else that can view the lasers to target the thing holding the artifacts. Blushift's own visor, or Mac himself can act as a redundant extra targetting laser in case one of these somehow goes down, but I'll say that they'll have to kill their concealment to allow that functionality to work.

Is this idea cool with you? If so I'll make an IC post about it. Blueshift will make a report on the situation via radio, and Mac will make a few choice snarky comments.

Well that isn't really good descriptor for effects others on that effect. the triangulation would show what five foot square it's in but not really where within it it would be so they would still have the miss chance.

Dunno maybe some kind of holo projector function or like glasses/visors you distribute?

I was thinking the lasers would essentially "paint" the thing. Like if you cover an invisible person in mud. They're just using the refraction of light caused by the invisibility (assuming that's how it's working either through tech or magic manipulating light it should be the same functionally). So when the lasers shoot through it, the light refracts around the creature essentially lighting it up in a red glow. I'm just using the triangulation to ensure that it's got more lasers through it and thus more light refracts and it's 'image' gets brighter. Also, because, you know, Triangulation and rubber science and stuff are pretty cool. If you're still opposed, I can change it to something else (like actually painting him, maybe!)

Not really how it's invisibility works but it's kinda semantics at this point. I'll let it work as I don't really have an issue with the power setting for your gadgets. For your description though it doesn't bend light it more bends space. Basically it would be the void in the lasers as they rapidly sweep across it. it reflects nothing, the lasers sorta pass right through, they hit vanish and emerge unimpeded on exactly the other side of the creature.

Just to confirm: Blueshift is under her concealment currently. Not sure if it can see her or not, but if the others enter then it may still run away.

*sigh* Now I'm going to have to reconfigure my gadgets. Thus making me lose the super senses.

Standard Action: Reconfigure

:arrow: Teleport 1 (Extras: Accurate; PF: Progression 3)

Move Action: Teleport herself and others passed the wall.

Not really sure what's going to happen AFTER that... but at least that'll be one less wall in our way...

TP will work though if anyone doesn't want to get sucked through time and space in an area still resonating with extradimensional weirdness they can choose not to go. Cape your senses will be able to see it duck through the floor shortly after you teleport over (assuming you do) looks like its fleeing though your senses don't extend through the floors/walls.

It's not fleeing into solid rock but it will cross more than one wall in a round and it's not running a straight line it's more like evasive maneuvers. It's trying to lose its pursuers and being able to pass through solid material is an advantage there. It just has to turn before you can TP again and you'll not be able to see where it went at that point you'll lose it.

Well, he can see it when he enters the room, yes? Perhaps he can powerstunt some etheral or insubstantial form with his strange cosmic science powers or something and just chase after it? As long as he's still able to perceive it, and can move through walls as well, he should be able to follow it. At that point, can't we use the chase rules or something? Blueshift can communicate directly into his brain via radio so they can keep in touch...

Don't mind me, just throwing out ideas since this seems like a difficult patch.

Or we could let it get away, do damage control and investigation on the museum, and try to track it down later when we have time (and the ability to gadgets / powerstunt up some tracking senses :P).