Invisible Horizons OOC

angrydurf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gathering evidence is a DC 15 Investigation. Blueshift can easily boost her rolls with Gadgets until she auto passes it. She'll then do another set of research checks to try and discover the location of the next nearest likely target to the end that if it runs at first sight of opposition, it may not attack here, but the next likely storeage of these artifacts which will also need protection. It's proximity will determine how much time they have before the the thing gets there to attack it, as well as whether or not its "too far" and they should just protect the initial site as the creature may not bother with the secondary site (yet). That's her thinking, anyway.

Let me know what I turn up, and feel free to have one of your characters looking over her shoulder exclaim the name of the location in order to move things along. I left it open ended for that express purpose :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Taken a leap off faith thats what we do... let me know if I need to edit / delete.

I guess chemistry is part of physical sciences knowledge base (at least, it indicates so in the rule book). Presuming we have time, ill take 20 for an hours analysis for a Knowledge [physical sciences] roll of 40. I suppose if life sciences comes into it, take 20 there too (result of 30).

I'm being a bit proactive with IC/OOC posts, let me know if I need to readjust course! :)

Though Blueshift has no base Investigation ranks, she can easily max the ranks for her PL with Gadgets. Which just so happens to be exactly the type of reason I bought that power for! :D Gadgets 1 for Enhanced skills yields 20 skill points worth. Maxing Investigation gives her 17 ranks and a total modifier of +24 (if the DC turns out to be a 45 somehow, She'd totally EE in a heartbeat for a +2 to be able to pass it). Though with MAC's Benefit as counting for MW tools, she may not need to.

She'll take 10 or 20 if possible using quickness to cut down on the time once they get to wherever this analysis is to occur, then she'll hand it off to Supercape. for his chemical analysis. Though I'd like to see if I can aid another in some form on that. Physical Sciences is her area of expertise after all. with base 12 ranks plus the three left over from Gadgets she'll be at a total modifier of +18 with skill mastery and quickness for the aid another check.

Edit: If Extra Effort Doesn't get used on the first check, she'll use it here as a result of 40 is likely more beneficial than a 38 at least in some form.

Alright between the both of you you certainly manage to get a pretty complete picture of whats going on here.

The Slime seems to interact with the chemical bonds in the normally super durable ceramics used in many atlantean artifacts. There is some portion of this reaction that is taking place outside of normal space-time. It seems likely that this is also a manner in which the creature is able to pass through solid materials, and that the atlantean technology uses some sort of extra dimensional reinforcement to make the ceramic. The slime likely attacks that reinforcement hence why materials wholly of this dimension are largely unaffected. The creature it seems exists in more than one dimension at the same time, likely that is the reason it causes localized fluctuations in space time. With sufficient effort (Ie an invention) a device could be created to pinpoint and/or track the fluctuations and therefore the creature. Possibly even negate some of its ability to hide itself.

Ace will take advantage of the Labs libraries to do some research on possible origins of the creature. He'll take 20 for his research while you all are doing your analysis' and grab 5 ranks of appropriate knowledge (in this case arcane) to see what he can discern from atlantean myth and legend. That'll give him a 28 and good enough to get some answers.