Wish upon a falling... seed? (IC) (Solo) (flashback)

Tendril

May 13th 2011

Wooded Creekside 3 miles west of Liberty Kansas

Three cars sit parked in the moonlight. Headlights on and radio blasting the censored version of Forget You. About a half dozen teens are gathered in the dancing and talking.

"Happy birthday Kelly" said a teenage brunette cracking open a can of beer.

"Thanks Tina, but I'm the birthday girl, I get the last beer" retorts the blonde snatching up the just opened can of beer.

"Fine," replied Tina, "good thing Jared didn't show, I didn't want to have to kick his ass."

"Thanks for playing the hero, but it's all good, he actually sent me a card. Told me he wished me a happy birthday and that he wouldn't bother me on my day. I'm over it, I hope that card meant he is too." Kelly stared off at the stars sipping her beer.

"Oooo so what about Steve?"

"What about him, just cuz I said I've moved on, doesn't mean I have to hop into another relationship right away. Besides, we graduate next week, you know I'm going to school out of state."

"Who's talking about a relationship, I'm talking about tonight. It's been two months, I'd be climbing the walls."

"Tina, I know you, you'd be climbing something but it wouldn't be walls." Kelly laughed.

Just then another boy walked up, "Hey where's the beer?"

"The birthday girl drank it all." teased Tina.

"Did not, I know you've had three already. Besides haven't you had enough Mark?"

"No way, I got money and a truck, B Double E, Double R, U, N." with that he headed off towards his truck.

"Mark, your a dork," Kelly noticed Tina heading towards the truck. "Tina, where you going?"

"Uh, duh, it's my cousin at the store, I gotta go or we can't buy the beer."

"So your just gonna leave me alone out here huh?"

"No, silly, Steve's here, and John and Lainey are here."

Kelly looked at John and Lainey making out, "Great they'll be such good conversation."

"Then it'll give you a chance to get to know Steve better." Just then Mark hooked the horn. "Gotta go sweets, I'll be back soon."

A moment later the truck rolled away off down the gravel road.

"Steve your a dork." Kelly said to the boy trying to impress her.

"I'm not a dork, I'm a nerd. Richest guy in the world is a nerd you know."

"Yeah and his wife still has to put up with a nerd"

Kelly spots John and Lainey getting in their car. "Guys, where you going? They're bringing more beer."

"Oh hey Happy Birthday, Kelly we're gonna..."

"..yeah we're just gonna go,"

"Uh, oh you know."

"Yeah, you've been all over each other all night I know what your gonna do. But what about Steve, you brought him with you."

"Ah come on Kels, He's the ultimate mood killer. You've got a car, he can ride with you."

"That's Tina's and she took the keys."

"Come on Kelly, we only got a few more hours till her mom gets up for work."

"Yeah, I gotta get some before I go home."

"Oh get outta here. Have fun."

Kelly sat down on the hood of Tina's car and watched Lainey's car pull out of site. A cool breeze blew in a earthy scent, and she realized how dark it actually was out there with nothing but the moonlight, she silently cursed Tina for not leaving the keys.

"Well I guess it is after midnight no longer my birthday."

She looked around, "Um, Steve? Where did you go?"

High Above Earth

Racing through the inky darkness of space at mind boggling speed tore a smooth teardrop shaped object. As it approached the gravitational pull of the Planet Earth, deep inside things began to change.

Water stored deep inside the object shifted moving to the surface, the heat of the sun caused the water to boil becoming a jet of steam. This jet acted as a thruster turning the racing meteor toward the planet full of life below.

As it grew closer to the gravity well of the planet, further water deep inside bubbles to the surface on the front, this further jet of steam slows the projectile from intersteller speed to a more reasonable entry speed and angle as it approaches the atmosphere.

"Steve this is not funny." Kelly shouted as she wandered out into the dark woods.

"If your trying to scare me it's not going to work"

"Steve!"

A short distance away hiding behind a tree, Steve tried to stifle his chuckles. Ready to pounce when the girl came close enough.

Kelly began to approach Steve's location in her wandering. "Steve, if Tina gets back before I find you We're just gonna leave you here! Steve? Are you alright?"

Just then the boy jumped out in front of the young blonde shouting and waving his arms around. "RAWR!"

Without a thought, Kelly reared back and punched him straight in the nose. The trickster dropped straight to the ground. Unconcious.

It was only then that Kelly jerked with a start of surprise. "Oh man, are you serious? That was so stupid you big dork. Get up."

She shook the boy but he did not wake. "Come on!" She tried to drag him but realized that he couldn't move the boy and didn't know which way to go to get back to the car. She checked to see that he was breathing. "Ok, I'll come back and find you with Tina."

As she walked back towards the direction she believed the car to be, suddenly there came a light in the sky, Observers in other states recognized it as a small meteorite but Kelly did not notice the streaking object from the stars, till it struck her square in the back. She dropped to the ground unconscious.