Bloody Nora (OOC) (GM)

Supercape

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two ways:

Either pick one up (move action) and throw it (standard action) which is a ranged attack using your strength attack.

Or, pick it up (move action) and attack with mellee (which means you have to actually move to her range) which is an improvised weapon attack. As a carcass is not stronger than steel it is just your strength attack, but you know, that kind of stuff can earn hero points for being just damn cool...

Round 5:

15 - Nora - Bruised, staggered, Boosted

12 - Revenant -1 HP - Unharmed

Nora -

Stand up (Move action) - [Rules always a little fudged on this after a knock back but it makes sense to me]

moves back to blood pool (Move Action)

Free Action: Recovers from Staggered! :o

Now that is cool! A little gruesome for the setting, but it fits!

OK, I am not entirely sure how to handle that - but I guess a grapple roll is the best way.

1d20+20=40 Unfortunately she aces that - which is a shame.

Nonetheless, Its sufficiently cool that I will GM fiat that for fluff purposes, just saying that it does no damage and its a move action for her to dislodge herself.

COuld you either edit your IC post or do another to reflect putting her on a hook?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, she is effectively unique.

She is first of all created by something, and has features of vampiric undeadness, but she is stuck between living and undead - she must have been turned whilst still alive (not dying) or, more likely, whilst very ill. Something quite unusual has corrupted the process however, leading to her unique status.

Feel free to fluff out her "half-undead" status as you wish!

• 3 weeks later...

All right, so as Nora has expressed the desire to relent on this test, I don't need to throw many ranks into the Transform. And as it's extremely specific (Bloody Nora to mortal), that's 3 PP per. But we want it to hold up and resist meddling, so...

Transform (Bloody Nora to mortal) 1 (Extras: Duration [Continuous], Feat: Innate) [5 PP]

That means it's a DC15 Knowledge (arcane) check to design. With a +10 to the Skill, I can not only take 10 on it, but I can halve the time by taking the -5 penalty and still make it. However, that will still be 10 hours worth of research, so Nick will need to come back the next night.

When he does, however, he'll have the ritual ready. And as he can take 10 on said ritual's implementation, it will go off without a hitch. So by now, it's all over but the IC. And if Nora says she prefers being undead to alive, then the same math will work for a vampiric transformation.