Bloody Nora (OOC) (GM)

Supercape

GM

OOC for this thread.

This is largely a request from Tiffany as a semi-origin exploration thread for Revenant. I am not opposed to (and will be happy to allow) one or two people joining (particularly as cameo's) but please ask permission from Tiffany first - its her call. (and unless its a cameo, don't make the PL to different!).

Cheers,

FC.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best you make another IC post then, take it from there.

If you are doing some research at Freedom City Public Library next day,

Without knowledge [history] or Knowledge [arcane] skills you won't find much specific, but by taking 20 and using your INT, you can certainly find press clippings of a "Nora", some female murderess who ate her victims. Interestingly enough, she appeared to pop up all over the world, and was most active about a century ago.

Ah yes indeed! Knowledge [Civics]

Well I presume you are taking 20 on the roll, as you will not be in a rush?

Poking around public documents in the library you can get the gist of the owner, Mrs Winona Webb, who owned the house for 60 years. She and her husband bought it, at what seems to be a knockdown price post-war, from a Mr. John Boathouse, a merchant navy officer. THe house itself is about 150 years old, everything legal seems to be in order.

Gather Information checks round the street, you can roll for or take 10. As oer p 48 of rule book, depends on what kind of information you are looking for - seems to "specific" to me (anything up about Ms. Webb and the house?) so you could take a 10 and succeed automatically - Ms. Webb was an old dear who kept herself to herself. Nice, but... well, odd. Never went out at night and always kept her lights on - seemed scared of the dark and a bit jumpy.

Civics sounds good.

Drum was the previous owner of the Webbs house at number 16 (As mentioned in the Journal)

His will left all his earthly belongings to the Freedom City Mortuary. There was quite a legal debate over whether he could, as he was declared insane at the time. But without anywhere else for the money to go, there it went (he had three children by different mothers, and limited contact with them - not relevant).

You can also find papers related to his insanity and intermittent admission to "mad houses". Yes, he was ranting about "Nora, the cannibal" and all sorts of "mad delusions of paranoia!"

K,

Gonna try for a grapple. The attack (1d20+10=19), for the grapple (1d20+17=25)

I want him conscious and hopefully talkative…

I wanna hold him above me look all bad ass and hopefully get him to talk. As it's all bluster (and I still have no Intimidate :)) I'd like to do it as a Bluff.

(Oh I missed Super-Strength off my Grapple and my last rank of protection on my Toughness on my updated sheet. Must try harder :()