Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Supercape

Bloody Nora (OOC) (GM)

Recommended Posts

GM

OOC for this thread.

This is largely a request from Tiffany as a semi-origin exploration thread for Revenant. I am not opposed to (and will be happy to allow) one or two people joining (particularly as cameo's) but please ask permission from Tiffany first - its her call. (and unless its a cameo, don't make the PL to different!).

Cheers,

FC.

Share this post


Link to post

Best you make another IC post then, take it from there.

If you are doing some research at Freedom City Public Library next day,

Without knowledge [history] or Knowledge [arcane] skills you won't find much specific, but by taking 20 and using your INT, you can certainly find press clippings of a "Nora", some female murderess who ate her victims. Interestingly enough, she appeared to pop up all over the world, and was most active about a century ago.

Share this post


Link to post

Actually as she hasn't made her mind up about Nora I was going to start with the house, find out what I can about the owner. First the library then the streets around the home. Which I hope is something I can do with my skills.

Share this post


Link to post

Ah yes indeed! Knowledge [Civics]

Well I presume you are taking 20 on the roll, as you will not be in a rush?

Poking around public documents in the library you can get the gist of the owner, Mrs Winona Webb, who owned the house for 60 years. She and her husband bought it, at what seems to be a knockdown price post-war, from a Mr. John Boathouse, a merchant navy officer. THe house itself is about 150 years old, everything legal seems to be in order.

Gather Information checks round the street, you can roll for or take 10. As oer p 48 of rule book, depends on what kind of information you are looking for - seems to "specific" to me (anything up about Ms. Webb and the house?) so you could take a 10 and succeed automatically - Ms. Webb was an old dear who kept herself to herself. Nice, but... well, odd. Never went out at night and always kept her lights on - seemed scared of the dark and a bit jumpy.

Share this post


Link to post

Could you throw me a diplomacy roll for Lucy?

I am not sure if attractive counts or not here. So I am going to just fudge it and say no, but give you a +2 situational bonus instead (or in other words, half your attractive bonus)!. So +10 to diplomacy skill.

Share this post


Link to post

p46 Rules, he was Indifferent, he is now friendly! (15+ to make friendly, 25+ to make helpful).

"Wishes you well: Chat, advise, offer limited help,advocate"

Enough to get going!

Share this post


Link to post

Civics sounds good.

Drum was the previous owner of the Webbs house at number 16 (As mentioned in the Journal)

His will left all his earthly belongings to the Freedom City Mortuary. There was quite a legal debate over whether he could, as he was declared insane at the time. But without anywhere else for the money to go, there it went (he had three children by different mothers, and limited contact with them - not relevant).

You can also find papers related to his insanity and intermittent admission to "mad houses". Yes, he was ranting about "Nora, the cannibal" and all sorts of "mad delusions of paranoia!"

Share this post


Link to post

Ok thats down to zero hero points.

However, the reroll is actually effectively 26 (You rolled a 4, which becomes 14 with hero points reroll, then add +12 = 26). So he is friendly!

Share this post


Link to post

No, lets say its locked and he does not have keys. Brute Force may be required!

NB: Or lets say: he says he does not have the keys...the liar!

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative Roll, as Steve attacking ya!

Steve is a bit hefty but still only a minion:

STR 16, CON 16, Attack +4, Defence +4, and wielding a club.

1d20+0=12 for his initiative.

Share this post


Link to post

K,

Gonna try for a grapple. The attack (1d20+10=19), for the grapple (1d20+17=25)

I want him conscious and hopefully talkative…

I wanna hold him above me look all bad ass and hopefully get him to talk. As it's all bluster (and I still have no Intimidate :)) I'd like to do it as a Bluff.

(Oh I missed Super-Strength off my Grapple and my last rank of protection on my Toughness on my updated sheet. Must try harder :()

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×