GM

Nora was small, probably only just over five feet, and dressed in a ragged filthy dress. She looked grey - in cloth, hair, and skin - and yet she did not have the complete greyness of the undead. It was as if she was caught, or suspended, in the final few moments before her blood and heart had given out. Her eyes buldged and her body was skin and bones, like she was half starved to death. She looked, if anything, worse than the painting of her.

And yet, somehow, she held Steve, a man who probably weighed four or five times her own weight, in a grip, clean above the floor. Smiling a toothy, unhealthy, and gapped grin at Revenant, she pulled down Steve's Neck to he mouth and bit into it, tearing out a chunk of flesh and covering herself in arterial blood. Steve dropped to the floor screaming and holding his neck to stop further blood loss, although the floor was already slick with the claret.

And somehow, Nora inflated. Before, she had looked dry as cracked leather, ready to crumble. Now, whilst still spindly, she looked full and wet again. And considerably stronger.

"And that's just for starters...you...you my dear...I have waited decades and ages for you...."

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Bloody Nora in sight Lucy didn’t have time to enjoy the victory, her first most important task was to separate Nora from poor Steve and allow him to escape. She carried on moving.

“Well Nora I’m sorry to say that I’m disappointed I thought you’d be smarter.†She glanced at the frightened Steve “When you can run, as far and fast as you can I’ll take care of Bloody Nora.â€

With a final kick off she launched herself at Bloody Nora, all of that momentum transferring into the blow, colliding with a satisfied crunch.

GM

Nora braced herself, her small form now full of vitality and energy, almost bloated from it. Her lips and skin had an unnatural red tinge, although she still had a grey, skeletal look overall.

Nora caught Revenant in a vice like grip that could have crushed steel, and threw her to one side.

"Perhaps I was only the first draft...perhaps I was only a mistake, compared to you..." she spat. "But now I have feasted I am strong...stronger than you! and once I have sucked your marrow dry, I'll be stronger than ever!" she screeched, launching a windmill blow at Revenant - a clumsy but fast attack that missed her target and splintered the ground below.

Picking herself up Lucy looked at the Nora, she was angry at her for some reason. She had some many questions, so much she wanted to know.

So why not ask?

She took up a defensive stance making sure she was between Nora and Stevens.

“Look I’m not here to hurt you, I just want answers. I want to know who you are and what you’ve got to do with me.â€

She gave Nora her best friendly non-threatening look.

“I’m willing, as long as there are certain assurances, to just leave you be. No one needs to get hurt here Nora.â€

GM

"You do!" hissed Nora, seeming to rise and bloat herself still further - a quite gruesome and horrible vision.

"You are my meal ticket!" she spat, and once again, her iron hands clawed at Revenant.

"SO hungry, all those years ago. But the master, he showed me how to feed, he...changed...me, an experiment, he said. And look at me now...Bloody Nora they called me, after feeding on the other homeless. Putting them out of their misery. But, I was only the first of many...experiments he had...he kept on, and on...but you would know wouldn't you? well, perhaps old Nora will feast on the others too!"

Steve, holding his neck, slipped on his own blood and started scrabbling away. Nora seemed to pay him no heed.

Would she have turned out like this if it wasn’t for others? If Silhouette hadn’t been there to bring her to her senses a creature of almost pure instincts.

But that made her difficult to fight, Lucy didn’t think she could defeat Nora and there was still so much to find out about what happened. She wasn’t sure she was happy with the answers she had discovered so far.

“Nora I don’t know what happened, I was incapacitated long ago. I don’t want to hurt you I just want to help.â€

She just hoped it was enough.

GM

"Oh, you can help me all right!" grinned Nora, her teeth red with Steve's blood, and with one or two missing.

"You can give me some of that lovely meat on your bones!" she snarled, and leapt at Revenant with surprising speed, her Iron hands gripping Revenants forearm, and bringing it to her mouth.

Her powerful Jaws sunk into Revenants Arm and tore into the undead flesh, Nora's eyes alight with pure ecstasy, as she finally got to taste the sweet meal she had been craving for decades.

“Okay playtime over.â€

Her frustration was beginning to show, after all this she was no nearer to finding anything out. Well except that poor Bloody Nora was a real person who had a major problem with her.

She seemed to think that they were connected in some way, maybe via her so called master.

Out of anger and frustration her blow was wide and didn’t endanger Nora in the slightest. Nora set gave her an evil smile causing Lucy face to contort in a mask of grim determination.

Then an idea struck her, she was going about this the wrong way.

GM

Nora spat again - and with the eye of faith, it was quite possible to believe a few strands of Revenant's flesh came out with her defiant spit.

"Playtime over..." she whispered.

"Dinnertime!" She sang, giving her best toothy grin, her mouth red with Steve's blood and showing her rotten teeth once more.

As intimidating and terrifying as she was in her bloodied craze, her madness and desperation made her easy to evade... she was slipping and telegraphing her attacks in her insane eagerness to taste Revenant once more.

She fixed Nora a look trying to judge the right time to strike, and also to see if her tactic would work.

“No you right you need your strength, because you not really the masters the favourite. After all he went straight from you and made someone else.†She tried to smile, but there was something about Nora that was putting her off.

She was having better luck judging Nora movements and at just the right time threw a punch straight through her defences, striking her on the left shoulder.

“And it looks like he made the follow up better.†This time the smile was genuine.

GM

Nora spun a full 360 and flew threw the air with the force of the blow - it seemed to connect at precisely the right (or wrong, depending on your perspective) angle, and knock Nora's arm clean out of its socket. For a moment it dangled, and the flesh seemed to bruise under her rags right before Revenant's eyes. Revenants fists, powered by the inhuman strength of undead muscles, could produce incredible power.

Nora landed in a crumpled heap on the ground across the factory floor, having knocked into several hanging carcasses along the way, that now swung to and fro in a macarbe dance. She had not gone far, but Revenant could only see her intermittently as the swinging carcasses blocked her view now and again.

Revenant strolled into the factory with a look of total unconcern, if ever she was the noble creature that Nora feared this was the moment it showed. But only for a moment.

“You know you really should have accepted my help and told me what I needed to know. I really didn’t want to hurt you.â€

She stopped and put her hand on one of the carcasses.

“But now this is the only way it can end. Seeing as you crave raw meat so much.â€

With hardly any effort she gave the nearby carcass a push causing it to go crashing into its neighbor until a whole row of the corpses went crashing towards Nora.

GM

Nora was just scrambling to her knees when the domino effect hit her. A heavy slab of frozen meat hit her square on, and knocked her onto her behind again.

She may not have been injured by the carcass, but she was hopping mad as she once again rose.

"If it takes me to the end of the world, I will suck the marrow from your bones!" she yelled. "I cannot live with the hunger now I have tasted that flesh!"

She hurtled towards Revenant once more, stopping in the blood pool that had been generously donated by Steve and lay at Revenants feet. She stopped down, smearing blood over her hands and then onto her face. As she did so, her arm clicked back to place and her skin regained some of its greyish tone, without the bruising evident from Revennats mighty blow.

"Lovely..." she muttered, her mouth damp with blood as she kneeled at Revenants feet soaking up the blood.

So Nora could recover her wounds just like herself, though it looked like Nora was some kind of cannibal vampire. Had anyone every though of something like that before.

She was going to have to get her away from any source of blood or this could take all night. An idea formed in her mind, but first she had to get her away from the patch of blood

“Please that just so undignified. And my skinny little bone wouldn’t provide any marrow at all although you’re welcome to try.â€

She raised her foot to give Nora a swift kick backwards.

GM

Nora's skinny hands caught Revenants foot as it sailed towards her face. Whilst she was little more than skin and bones, her strength was incredible. She could crush steel with those hands.

And yet Nora, who was not blessed with much insight at the best of times, was now truly maddened by the blood at her feet, in her belly, and the smell of Revenant in front of her. The taste of undead flesh on her teeth had driven her over the edge - not that she needed much pushing.

She seemed barely able to speak or construct a sentence at this point, and just wailed like a bloodthirsty animal. Scrabbling at Revenant in desperation...

Waiting for just the right moment to strike she landed a series of blow upon the poor creature that was once Nora. Was that who she was? And would she ever be able to find out who she was? After all she must be even older that Lucy and even with everything record on her were quite rare.

But she was well aware she would never get anything sensible from Nora now she was consumed by some kind of bloodlust.

All she could hope to do now was somehow contain the poor creature until she quietened down. Maybe take her to one of the expert around town about the undead.

• 3 weeks later...

GM

Nora, spitting blood that was, in all probability, not her own, kept scrabbling at Revenant. Of the two women, both somewhere on the verge between the living and the dead, Nora was the stronger, despite her smaller size and emancipated frame. But she was not faster, and her rage was blinding her to any consideration of how to fight effectively.

She did not look the smartest creature at the best of times, but gripped by the fury of emotion she was only one step from a wild animal.

So the two women tussled and broke, broke and tussled once more, neither gaining the upper hand...for now...

Nora might be stronger but the more she fought the most primal she become, Revenant however still had a level calm head, well maybe she was a little ticked…

Scanning the room she saw just what she needed, she would have to time it just right but it could give her the upper hand.

Taking a step or two back she rushed towards Nora keeping low a fast to confuse the poor woman. On striking she lifted up the woman, with clawing Nora trying to get a hold on her body. Timing it perfectly Nora’s body connected with the meat hook with a sickening crunch.

Words being far too crass at this moment she just looked on with a look a grim satisfaction.

GM

The crunch was indeed sickening and unpleasant. Quite whether Nora felt it, or what pain meant to her - if anything, was hard to determine. Her sallow face contorted briefly - but that could well be from humiliation, shock, or frustration. And there was little doubt she was experiencing all three emotions.

Her short frame dangled, swinging above the blood on the cold meat factory floor that had been kindly donated by Steve.

Her hands reached out to grab Nora, but missed by a few inches - she did not have the reach.

"Gimme! Gimme!" she whispered in a hoarse voice.

"He always preferred you...spare a thought for poor Nora..." she whimpered, desperation in her voice.

All the anger drained away the sight of this pitiful creature. Though not enough to let Nora down, instead she sat down a clean patch of fall hopefully out of her reach.

“Oh Nora, I’m not trying to replace you in his affections. I somehow know deep down that we’re somehow connected, cousins if you will.†She gave a reassuring look.

“I might be his favourite, but I’ve never met you master. He’s admired me from afar you might say.†She gave a little smile “I’d like to know a little more about him if you wouldn’t mind.â€

GM

Nora actually stopped spitting and scrabbling for a while.

"The master? you don't remember...but...of course you don't...hahahaha!" she laughed, swinging on the hook. She actually seemed to relish the fact that Revenant was blissfully ignorant of the past.

"He..experiments...he wants to create the perfect creature of the night... I was the first, you the second. A creature with all the power of darkness yet none of the flaws. Neither alive, nor dead, but with the strength of both..."

She gazed at Revenant.

"And I, you see, I was no good..." she wept, ruby red tears of blood flowing from her eyes.

"I was so hungry, alive, and I hunger still...." she whispered, before shouting at Revenant in fury.

"Give me your flesh. I want to eat!!!!"

She was a little out of practice as a lawyer but she well understood the idea of a pound of flesh. And she had an advantage, whilst Nora needed blood to regenerate she seemed to do it naturally (well unnaturally).

A Barter, a trade it might work if Nora was desperate enough.

“Nora I’ll give you what you want, but I need to know more. I need to know about this master of yours. Who is he? Where is he?â€

Searching around she found a knife, this was going to hurt but it might be worth it. She held the knife by the trip of her little finger allowing a tiny bit of blood to flow.

“So what do you say Nora?â€

GM

Nora's eyes widened open at the sight of Revenant's offer.

"GImme...Gimme! GIMME!" she said, her mouth opening and her steely thin hands scrabbling at Revenant once more.

"You.,..have no idea..." she spluttered "I pound of flesh from you is a thousand banquets! a thousand thousand banquets..." she gabbled "the mortal morsels of blood and bone...they are enough to relieve the worst of the hunger, but it never goes, in death as in life. Always hungry. But you..." she trailed off. "YOU can feed me...make me feel full again!"

"GIMME!" she roared. "I'll tell you anything!"

So she had found Nora’s week spot the idea that Lucy’s flesh would somehow make her stronger. She had been through a number of wounds over the last month, but she had never purposely hurt herself.

Gritting her teeth she cut off the tip of her right little finger, tucking it in so as not show Nora that it (thankfully) regenerating. Still she wasn’t going to harm her left hand in case Nora decided again to take it by force.

She held up the tip of her former finger.

“This is for you Nora, a down payment if you will. But first I need something as proof. Tell me something about this master of yours and you can snack on this little bit of me.â€

GM

“This is for you Nora, a down payment if you will. But first I need something as proof. Tell me something about this master of yours and you can snack on this little bit of me.â€

Nora licked her lips at the sight of the morsel being offered.

"The master?" she clucked "he created me, created you. Or so he says. He has a silver tounge, a tricksy tounge hehehe..." she laughed to herself. "A creature of the night...a vampire, again, so he claims. And that may well be true, for I have never seen him in the warmth of the sun, and blood is his food...and his experiment. A learned man. A man of science..or magic? or both...perhaps to him there is no difference. I know not. I am but a simple girl hahaha!" she laughed hysterically. "Tricked me he did....when I was close to death. And now, bound to him with the hunger for blood, neither alive nor dead. But not a vampire, no no no, he wants to create something different...you see...always experimenting..."

She licked her lips again and gazed at Revenant full of expectation...