Take The Skinheads Bowling (OOC, Full)

Heritage

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, so Grim is actually unconcho (pointless Frank Zappa reference)?

Yup. Unless you'd like to spend a hero point to reroll your toughness save. I know you're supposed to do it before the results are known, but I'll allow it now. Or you can use it to recover from the condition sooner.

Forgot that you did that. I had you listed as Fatigue though it would not change the results of the attack. So, Go ahead and use the hp for the toughness save and keep the fatigue condition.

Right now, I'm just waiting to see what Nightrival is going to do before advancing.

This round Nightrival attacks J-12 and the goon gets a bruise. He then moves to G-9. I'm invoking extra effort to surge for an additional standard action and he attacks G-8, who gets a bruised and stunned result. I'll spend the final Hero Point (from the Luck feat) to alleviate the fatigue. Whew!

I screwed up the Toughness save by rolling for Power House Goon 1 rather than Power House Goon 2. I rerolled with the appropriate save bonus and ID tag.

Thug 3 charges and misses Nightrival. Thug 1 moves away from teh fight and thug 2 shakes off the stun condition. From the doorway, the leader thug comes out.

ROUND Eight

Initiative:

Nightrival 27 [HP,Luck spent]

Grim 19 DEF +5 Toughness +6 [HP spent; Bx1;Unconcious]

Pwr Thugs 3 DEF 18 Toughness +8 Att +8 Damage +8

[1]

Leader Thug 2

To speed up play, you can roll the toughness rolls for the thugs. The gang leader and the strangers are not considered minions and will need to be knocked out normally. The leader is the one with the blond goatee.

Just so I'm clear (I'm kinda slow sometimes), Grim can spend her one HP that you didn't mark down, and be up but fatigued? Because if so, I will do that.

That is correct, but she's going to lose her round seven actions. She'll be able to act in this present round, 8, and we'll say that she was knocked to teh ground for a short while, losing her blending. She'll need to stand and reactivate it though. Simply make the Toughness roll again and include it in your post with your actions.

I lost track of the initiative order.

Did Grim lose a turn after being knocked about by the goon? Is it my turn now? :?

Yes, that is correct. So it is presently Rnd 8. Nightrival is up. Grim will make her toughness save, better yet. Let's say you spend the hp and regain conciousness. Grim can act normally [Fatigued condition still applies], but you're presently prone with your sutained powers off. So, once Nightrival posts, we can do Grim.

I'm taking two move actions this round. One to pick up Grim and the other to get them away from the goons. I'm not sure if NR can reach Grim from where he is (medium-sized characters have a five foot reach, so I'm assuming he can) so if I need to make three move actions then I'll use extra effort again for a third action and take a level of fatigue.

I received another rank in the Luck feat but in fairness I won't implement it in this game.

NR moves to G-12. He can put Grim down at H-12 or wherever Heritage wants. :) By the way, I hope I'm not being presumptuous by having NR swing Grim out of there; he's rather protective of her and from a strategic perspective she now has some room to maneuver, forcing the goons to close the distance.

I'm taking two move actions this round. One to pick up Grim and the other to get them away from the goons. I'm not sure if NR can reach Grim from where he is (medium-sized characters have a five foot reach, so I'm assuming he can) so if I need to make three move actions then I'll use extra effort again for a third action and take a level of fatigue.

I received another rank in the Luck feat but in fairness I won't implement it in this game.

NR moves to G-12. He can put Grim down at H-12 or wherever Heritage wants. :) By the way, I hope I'm not being presumptuous by having NR swing Grim out of there; he's rather protective of her and from a strategic perspective she now has some room to maneuver, forcing the goons to close the distance.

Two move actions is enough, though it's up to Grim whether he actually gets her with him. If she decides to stay, you're going to be in a tough spot as your actions will be negated by her resistance. :) So once we see where she wants to be, we'll advance.

Two move actions is enough, though it's up to Grim whether he actually gets her with him. If she decides to stay, you're going to be in a tough spot as your actions will be negated by her resistance. :) So once we see where she wants to be, we'll advance.

She's not gonna put up a fight; she's too out of it at the moment, as you will soon see. And H-12 is fine.

Yeah, talk with Monty is about the end of things. It will lead to something else, but with work still on, I'm not ready yet to start it up. Once I do, you'll both get a PM about it and can decide if you wish to sign up or not.

Thanks.

Not a problem with both. Great post by the way! It got him talking.

I tend to weigh what is said along with the roll so it works out more.

Thanks, it was fun to write; I was working on the basics of that all day at work, and prayed I'd get a decent roll to go with it :D

Of course, no one told Monty that the leader did run out with something yet...... :D

Take it away, Nightrival! :P

That pretty much wraps up this little encounter. I'll be in touch with more on the storyline when I get a few more points in gear.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed running it. Hopefuly I'll get this big old story done fairly quickly. :D