League Rebirth (OOC)

Have we (the Refs) decided that Inspire kicks in the same round? I know Doc has brought up the idea.

I have no problem with it, though. He's startled, since he can't possibly beat either a 30 or a 35.

Similarly, a 24 or a 29 hits him.

Tou save vs. 29

[urlhttp]20

Since combat vs. this guy isn't the focus of anything, I'll let that stand. He's bruised x3, demoralized, and stunned.

Wander is up.

I've always operated under the assumption that it starts immediately and lasts until the Inspire-er's next turn. Otherwise, if Character A uses Inspire at the beginning of the initiative order, then everyone else has to take an action first and Character A actually does something else, of a potentially less inspiring nature, before anyone gets the bonus, and that doesn't make any sense. Having it last until the initiator's next turn also puts it in line with the duration of Demoralize, which seems apropos.

Okay, everybody got a chance to poke the Nazi, now he can go night-night. All-out power attack, with the bat, he is flat-footed, autofire is in play, yadda yadda.

(21:42:45) Electra: Okay, for the record, this is a roll for an all-out power attack, assuming inspire is not yet active.

(21:42:53) System: Electra rolls 1d20 and gets 13.

(21:43:04) Electra: It's a 27

O Making with the innuendo to try to suggest that Trevor may be able to land invites for Trevor, erin, maybe mark with his connections and we go in all sneaky like!

DC 10-20 dependent what level of complexity AA Declares that to be. Skill mastery on Aces part can hit any of those DCs.

Alright I'll use connected to get access to the party for me and anyone else that doesn't have another way in. No skill mastery but I have a +20 so I can get most things without rolling. AA said it would be sufficient in chat so we're good there.

Going to use contacts to take twenty on a gather info about this bank and party 20 minutes lets me take 20 on the check and I'll do it with the -20 to avoid notice for a 20 total. Heck I'll do the same on activities of Typhoon (to make sure he's not playing us), Sin, Labyrinth, and the Meta-Grue. Not sure if that'll get me much but worth a shot. Ace can take the two hours out of his vacation to take care of business.

I'll set a DC 20 Gather Info DC for this information in general.

The Bank

The Schwarzenfurst Bank, the one affilated with the chateau, is relatively new for a Swiss bank, founded after the First World War by a family of Swiss technocrats. Schwarzenfurst was particularly troublesome in the World War II period, with their bank president not just a collaborator in first handing over Jewish gold then hiding Nazi gold, but even a member of the Swiss fascist movement of that period. Herr Schwartz I retired in 1948, and his son ran the show until very recently when he suffered a "psychotic break" during the Archeville Incident and was replaced by his own son. Herr Xavier Schwartz III has a reputation as a dilettante playboy and womanizer, though one with an interest in superhuman studies: he was the lover of Swiss heroine Wilhemina Tell until their breakup last year. It was in all the European tabloids. The bank has a reputation for genteel sleaze, pushing even Swiss banking practices and ethics without actually breaking them.

The Hotel and the Party

The Chateau Relais is a nice hotel, though not famous enough to be overrun by tourists even near the end of the season. It was built in the late 1940s with help from Argentinian investors. Placed securely in a remote fjord-like valley near Lake Geneva, it was an occasional meeting place for Cold War-era spies from second-tier powers like Yugoslavia, India, and Brazil. The hotel these days specializes in expensive parties with guests who come for the five-star food and stay for the luxurious, old-fashioned accommodations. The party is supposed to be Schwarzenfurst's merger with an East Asian bank: Dragon International Finance, based out of Shanghai.

DC 20 does not tell you where Taurus is. It does tell you that Labyrinth-affiliated businesses have been doing extremely well the last several months, particularly in the field of arms dealing. DC 20 does not tell you where Dr. Sin is, but his empire has fallen on hard times lately now that the Chinese government has started funding their own superteam. Typhoon got into a fight with the Atom Family on his way back to Socotra over a fallen satellite (like he does; he and Alexander Atom had a thing back in the day and he still gets along poorly with the family), but no lives were lost and he made it safely back home, where he most likely still is.

All right, I'll assume a 10 on all relevant Bluff, Disguise, and Stealth rolls.

The Chateau

The Chateau is a five-story Tyrolean-style mansion built at the head of the Valle Relais; they've had several avalanches there over the years but none since the 1980s. The main body of the complex is the five-story mansion; the ground floor consists of the ballroom, the dining room, and a tremendous kitchen, while the rest are meetings rooms and various $1000-a-night rooms with a Tyrolean theme. There are some outbuildings in the complex; a few small lodges for private meetings and the small complex around the ski-lift. The food is good, though the chef is obviously cooking by rote taught him by more creative professionals.

The hotel staff is clean and professional, though they seem to have been chosen for their good looks and pleasing personality rather than skill at their job. They're dressed in traditional Tyrolean garb, right down to the little feathered hats when they go outside. It's the off-season, but the Chateau is not above using a snow machine to provide a skiing environment for devotees of the sport. The cleaning crew and other folks doing menial jobs around the hotel are primarily of Middle Eastern descent, most of them being refugees from the various uprisings there in the last few years.

They're excited for the coming party; times have been tough at the Chateau lately, and the merger's three days of festivities should make life better for everyone.