Out of Blue Waters(IC, Open)

Ari

John walked over to the two students and cleared his throat. "A-hem. I would suggest you stop bickering and go back to class, unless you feel the need for me to talk with Mister Archer." John delivered that last line more as an ultimatum than a suggestion. "I do not care who instigated this or the reasons, but you should go back before the repercussions become worse. "

He leveled a gaze at the pair, one not unlike Morgan had demonstrated earlier, but a mite more...frosty.

The girl in the containment suit turned to John, mouth opened to protest his crisp forecast of further trouble, but wilted quickly under his cool stare. She nodded and hurriedly helped the boy whose exercise uniform was supplemented with various devices to his feet. Without waiting for further rebuke, the two quickly re-formed the portal and dived through, and from the other side came the muffled and distorted sounds of what was presumably the beginning of the gym teacher's complementary tirade at the two students. The portal closed with a snap and wave of rapidly-dissipated bluish/orange energy.

Subito looked at John with utter admiration. Back home, you usually had to shout for the better part of a minute to even be heard, and actually getting someone to do something took around ten minutes of ceaseless argument. Yet in under a minute, this John had gotten two people already in an argument to stop talking and go back to gym class with only a few words and a stare. Whatever this school taught, it seemed quite effective.

"That..that is very impressive John Smith. Do they teach you that as part of the regular coursework, or is it an extra-credit sort of thing?"

He had overheard three junior members of the schools staff across the quad talking about how they were heading to the administrative building, and began to idly float in the direction they seemed to be going. "Do you have anything you need to do or would you be able to talk on the way to the reception table?" he fervently hoped he would be able to find out the proper names for the buildings he could perceive, calling the place 'the administrative building' would be hard on the tongue with repeated use.

John ran his hand through his hair, a bit annoyed with himself for losing his patience that easily with another student.

"That..that is very impressive John Smith. Do they teach you that as part of the regular coursework, or is it an extra-credit sort of thing?"

John turned to the new Claremonter. "Please, just call me John. I am sorry that you had to see that, but that was more to do with my perceived reputation on campus than any sort of learned skill set from my time here. However, a case could be made of that as weaponizing yet another part of my repertoire." At the last sentence John shot a bemused look to Brian and Morgan.

John pointed to the Admin building, a hundred or so meters away across the quad. "I do not wish to delay you any more, but it might take some time to get all the official paperwork out of the way. After that, you should be also in the same dorm as us, so we should be seeing you again soon when you have to move into your assigned room."

Taking in at a glance the direction the administration building lay (I really must learn the right names for these places), Subito bowed slightly to John.

"Thank you, John., I'm glad that isn't the norm here" turning to the other two he added earnestly "Thank you all for the welcome. I hope I can see you guys again in not too long" shaking them each by the hand again, he waved cheerfully as he flew off to the building where he needed to sort out his paperwork.

The place was easy enough to find, a brownish structure with a purple roof with an outer facade that gave it an air of grandeur the color choices would have otherwise taken from it. Dropping to his feet at the doorway, he walked in with all the self-assurance he could muster, dodging neatly around the various staff members and students going in and out the large double doors.

Saying his "excuse me"s to a red-skinned teen about his age with black geometric markings all over his body and a jovial attitude, a large and very shy boy in a suit of ominous armor, and seeing a girl in what he presumed to be gothic attire phase through the wall above the door and go flying off towards the quad put him pretty well at ease with the idea of what sort of a world he had become embroiled in.

He marched up to the reception desk and politely stated his name and purpose. The woman seated behind the table, a kindly-looking sort, gave him a short form to fill out while he waited for his room to be settled. The form was much like the ones his parents had had to fill out when he was first getting ready for transferal to Claremont, asking if he had any minor medical issues and his attendance history and suchlike.

It was hardly interesting to fill out, and Subito was deeply grateful when his name was called for. It turned out he was to be housed in the northern end of the 'Edward Jon Carter Dormitory Building', on the second floor. With great good will Subito thanked her and set off, marking down the time of his arrival on his way out.

The place was of the same stately construction and sparing decoration as the rest of the place that the young super could see, with only the large plaque at the front and the purple roof to tell it apart from the 'Rita Kord Dormitory', though the other seemed a touch newer. Making his way through the building he passed dozens of other students moving through the halls. He passed by things, people and displays of power like he had never thought existed, such as a boy casually pulling a metal staff from a glowing hole in the wall that hadn't been there before, or a Hawaiian boy wreathed in flames sparring with the incisive critique of a three and a half-inch-tall figure standing on his shoulders.

Making his way at last to his room, in the relative quiet stillness of that more unused area gave him more disquiet than any other part of his experiences thus far, and he fretted constantly about whether or not he should wait until later, when there might be more people around to set him at his ease.

Dismissing that thought out of hand when it fully revealed itself, Subito marched up to the door leading into where he was to stay, and rapped on the solid wooden board. He hoped fervently there was someone there to answer.