Power Level: 11 (155 PPs)

Unspent PPs: 5

Characters Name: Star

Alternate Identity: Alan Starsmore

Height: 6 ft 5 in

Weight: 275 lbs

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Description: In costume Star is bright white from head to toe. His body's features are covered by his costume and the only detail that shows is the black star burst where his left eye should be. This star burst glows when he uses his light control powers.

History: Alan was born an only child to a wealthy family. His parents paid for the best private schools and sent him away to study at Harvard. Alan was more interested in partying and video games than in actually studying and was kicked out of college shortly after his first semester. When he came back home his parents demanded that he get a job, although they allowed him to stay with them in their home. Alan became a janitor at the Astro labs and worked there extremely hard until tragedy found him. At the age of 23 Alan lost both his parents in a car crash caused by his father's drunken driving. Alan inherited his parent's home and money but was driven into a deep depression for weeks. After he nearly lost his job as Astro labs, Alan seemed to pull out of his funk and returned to work, believing work would keep his mind off his problems. After a few weeks back at his job a scientist asked Alan to help him for a moment with an experiment. Alan did as he was told and held a beaker of what looked like liquid metal. When the scientist asked him to pour it into a dish, Alan accidentally spilled a little onto his skin.

Alan awoke the next morning different. Slowly he began to understand that the liquid metal had bonded with him and changed his body in strange ways. Alan quit Astro labs and began to toy with the idea of becoming the next Centurion. After a few weeks of learning his abilities, Alan turned to the city to begin his career, bringing villains to justice.

Stats: (34pp)

Str: 16 (+3)

Dex: 18 (+4)

Con: 20 (+5)

Int: 12 (+1)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 14 (+2)

(32pp)

BAB: +8 (16pp)

BDB: +8 (16pp)

Initiative: +13

Saves: (16pp)

Toughness: +10 (impervious 5)

Fortitude: +10 (5pp)

Reflex: +9 (5pp)

Will: +8 (6pp)

Skills: (12pp 48 ranks)

Bluff 4/+6

Computers 4/+5

Concentration 8/+10

Diplomacy 4/+6

Gather Information 4/+6

Intimidate 8/+10

Knowledge: Pop culture 4/+5

Notice 8/+10

Search 4/+5

Feats: (5pp)

Fearless

Improved Initiative (1)

Interpose

Benefit (wealth) (2)

Powers: (56pp)

Emotion Control: Despair only 10 (10pp)

Flight 2 (4pp)

Force Field 5 (5pp +5pp)

Extras: Impervious 5

Immunity (life support) 9 (9pp)

Telepathy 1 (2pp)

Light Control 9 (18pp + 3pp)

AP: Blast 10

AP: Healing 10

AP: Dazzle 10

Drawbacks:

Normal Identity (-5pp)

Costs: Abilities (34) + Combat (32) + Saves (16) + Skills (12) + Feats (5) + Powers (56) - Drawbacks (-5) = 150

Edit #1: Removed 4 points str, 2 points dex, Eidetic Memory feat, Improved Initiative feat, 1 level of telepathy power, 1 level of flight power, 1 level of light control power

Added 2 points bab, 2 points bdb, 24 ranks in skills (Bluff, computer, diplomacy, gather information, Knowledge: pop culture, search)

Players Name: Quiett

Description: In costume Star is bright white from head to toe. His body's features are covered by his costume and the only detail that shows is the black star burst where his left eye should be. This star burst glows when he uses his light control powers.

History: Alan was born an only child to a wealthy family. His parents paid for the best private schools and sent him away to study at Harvard. Alan was more interested in partying and video games than in actually studying and was kicked out of college shortly after his first semester. When he came back home his parents demanded that he get a job, although they allowed him to stay with them in their home. Alan became a janitor at the Astro labs and worked there extremely hard until tragedy found him. At the age of 23 Alan lost both his parents in a car crash caused by his father's drunken driving. Alan inherited his parent's home and money but was driven into a deep depression for weeks. After he nearly lost his job as Astro labs, Alan seemed to pull out of his funk and returned to work, believing work would keep his mind off his problems. After a few weeks back at his job a scientist asked Alan to help him for a moment with an experiment. Alan did as he was told and held a beaker of what looked like liquid metal. When the scientist asked him to pour it into a dish, Alan accidentally spilled a little onto his skin.

Alan awoke the next morning different. Slowly he began to understand that the liquid metal had bonded with him and changed his body in strange ways. Alan quit Astro labs and began to toy with the idea of becoming the next Centurion. After a few weeks of learning his abilities, Alan turned to the city to begin his career, bringing villains to justice.

(32pp)

Bluff 4/+6

Computers 4/+5

Concentration 8/+10

Diplomacy 4/+6

Gather Information 4/+6

Intimidate 8/+10

Notice 8/+10

Search 4/+5

Fearless

Improved Initiative (1)

Interpose

Benefit (wealth) (2)

Flight 2 (4pp)

Force Field 5 (5pp +5pp)

Telepathy 1 (2pp)

Drawbacks:

Normal Identity (-5pp)

Costs: Abilities (34) + Combat (32) + Saves (16) + Skills (12) + Feats (5) + Powers (56) - Drawbacks (-5) = 150

Edit #1: Removed 4 points str, 2 points dex, Eidetic Memory feat, Improved Initiative feat, 1 level of telepathy power, 1 level of flight power, 1 level of light control power

Added 2 points bab, 2 points bdb, 24 ranks in skills (Bluff, computer, diplomacy, gather information, Knowledge: pop culture, search)

Players Name: Quiett

(32pp)

Bluff 4/+6

Computers 4/+5

Concentration 8/+10

Diplomacy 4/+6

Gather Information 4/+6

Intimidate 8/+10

Notice 8/+10

Search 4/+5

Fearless

Improved Initiative (1)

Interpose

Benefit (wealth) (2)

Flight 2 (4pp)

Force Field 5 (5pp +5pp)

Telepathy 1 (2pp)

Drawbacks:

Normal Identity (-5pp)

Okay, points all add up, but I am worried about a few things.

One, your attack bonus is only +6. That means you won't be hitting as much as you want to. Investing in Attack Focus: Ranged - as that seems to be the type of attack you will be using most - would be a good idea.

Second, your defense bonus is only +6 as well. Your caps mean that you can have up to a +10 total there, and since your Toughness isn't stellar, you might want to look into that.

Also, you are a bit light on skills. It's not a critical oversight, but in the long run, you will likely be involved in activities other than combat, and it might be a good to purchase things like Diplomacy, Gather Information, Bluff or the like. It's just a suggestion, but it might spice your guy up a bit.

One last thing - how long does it take you to "Super Up"? 5 points means it takes more than a full round, so I guess that means two rounds? Is that because the liquid metal has to redistribute over his body or something? Also, there has to be some reasonable way to prevent your transformation. With your powers contained internally, I don't see how that's possible.

One, your attack bonus is only +6. That means you won't be hitting as much as you want to. Investing in Attack Focus: Ranged - as that seems to be the type of attack you will be using most - would be a good idea.

Second, your defense bonus is only +6 as well. Your caps mean that you can have up to a +10 total there, and since your Toughness isn't stellar, you might want to look into that.

Also, you are a bit light on skills. It's not a critical oversight, but in the long run, you will likely be involved in activities other than combat, and it might be a good to purchase things like Diplomacy, Gather Information, Bluff or the like. It's just a suggestion, but it might spice your guy up a bit.

One last thing - how long does it take you to "Super Up"? 5 points means it takes more than a full round, so I guess that means two rounds? Is that because the liquid metal has to redistribute over his body or something? Also, there has to be some reasonable way to prevent your transformation. With your powers contained internally, I don't see how that's possible.

I definitely see what you're saying. The problems you see are what I'm trying to make my "newly powered" downside. I know I'll be hit a lot and that I won't be hitting as often as I'd like, and I know my skills are really low. I can change it, but I'll think about it tonight (more like today now) and come back to this after I've slept.

As for the power up, my thoughts are...

It takes a full minute for me to change. So a bit. The metal has to cover me totally and then change my appearance. If it can be stopped it'd be by darkness from a power, since my power is light based. That's what I'd had in my head, but I didn't know exactly how to translate that to the character with drawbacks. IMO sometimes mechanics get in the way of good RP.

Like I said I see where you're coming from. I'll think about it tonight and look it over again tomorrow.

I definitely see what you're saying. The problems you see are what I'm trying to make my "newly powered" downside. I know I'll be hit a lot and that I won't be hitting as often as I'd like, and I know my skills are really low. I can change it, but I'll think about it tonight (more like today now) and come back to this after I've slept.

It takes a full minute for me to change. So a bit. The metal has to cover me totally and then change my appearance. If it can be stopped it'd be by darkness from a power, since my power is light based. That's what I'd had in my head, but I didn't know exactly how to translate that to the character with drawbacks. IMO sometimes mechanics get in the way of good RP.

Like I said I see where you're coming from. I'll think about it tonight and look it over again tomorrow.

A minute? Wow, you better hope you think ahead, because a minute in combat is ten rounds, and there's no way you'll be able to survive that long unpowered.

Now darkness shutting off your ability to transform is pretty good. There's a few baddies on the board already with that ability, so it's not beyond the realm of possiblity that would work out.

Hope your ponderings go well!

A minute? Wow, you better hope you think ahead, because a minute in combat is ten rounds, and there's no way you'll be able to survive that long unpowered.

Now darkness shutting off your ability to transform is pretty good. There's a few baddies on the board already with that ability, so it's not beyond the realm of possiblity that would work out.

I took your suggestions into mind. What I came up with seems to me to be a better rounded character.

As for the minute, you're probably right there too, so I'll cut that down to 2 full rounds.

Thanks for the suggestions. I dreaded the approval process, but I think it helped me a lot more than it hurt me so far.

I took your suggestions into mind. What I came up with seems to me to be a better rounded character.

As for the minute, you're probably right there too, so I'll cut that down to 2 full rounds.

Thanks for the suggestions. I dreaded the approval process, but I think it helped me a lot more than it hurt me so far.

• 2 months later...