Stormstallion - Paragon - PL 10

Right, a few things on divinity in the setting you'll probably need to account for:

1. Being divine doesn't inherently mean you're magical, they're two separate descriptors, albeit ones which get thrown around a lot in the same environments. For example, Ares is as powerful and strong as he is due to the 'divine' descriptor, not the 'magic' descriptor.

2. Being divine doesn't mean your abilities are necessarily natural rather than Enhanced. Gods lose their powers all the time, both in mythology, and comics... but when you get down to it, they don't tend to much in threads here. So what you're doing is taking a potentially large power you can power stunt off of, and... not having it.

3. The Pact. You can't have mortals-ascended-to-godhood able to alter reality at the peak of their power, as the only possible way for deities to interact with mortal affairs is when the mortals explicitly invite them in to do it. It's also part of why the big setting-important gods are Horus and Siren, the former bound to mortal body Thor-style, and the latter a deity riding shotgun in a mortal body... which is actually how voudoun works, but it's also part of how most deities interact with the world in-setting, so it works out pretty well.

Also, as I touched on, All Myths Are True. Ergo, there are loads of other gods running around who might not particularly enjoy one pantheon getting the reality warping rights. Specifically, the major players of the Greek pantheon, Norse gods, and the Loa.

4. You need to specify a sense type (i.e. visual, olfactory, mental, etc) for your magic sense, and also need to specify if it's Magical Awareness or Detect Magic. Not actually related to divinity, but it was bugging me.

Just a couple of details to add to Ecal's notes:

A character whose powers erupt "for no reason" or "for unknown reasons" isn't a suitable submission for this format. Out-of-character secret keeping just doesn't happen here. Sheets are posted out in the open for all to see. And even if your character doesn't know how or why he was empowered, and/or by who or what, we, the Staff and your fellow players, need to know.

Also, we have some house rules on the Awareness and Detect Super-Senses. I'd encourage you to read the entire Newbie Guide and House Rules documents, regardless of what traits are on your sheet.

Honest question: Have you actually read the Freedom City campaign setting? Because honestly, the feeling I got from reading this sheet is that you haven't, that you don't seem to know much of anything about the setting's cosmology, and that this is a character from a different setting, perhaps even a different system, that's been grafted onto our game rather than integrated into it.

History: Coming Soon

No.

The Character Bank is for finished submissions, "final drafts," fully ready for Staff audits. I have moved this thread to the Character Building forum, which is already set aside for "rough drafts" and peer review.

1. I'm very sorry about putting him in the bank prematurely. I had read the Newbie guide, but missed that rule until after I put up Paragon. I should have taken the sheet down once I was aware. I apologize for that.

2. I'll scrap Paragon and try to think of something else, if the mythology around him is going to be a problem. He's an intensely personal creation that's been floating around in my head for ten years now, but, though super-heroic, I guess wouldn't be a good fit for this game, due to his origin and the nature of some of the things he interacted with before I had him and Ami coming to Freedom City. I'm probably too invested in him - have him and his origins and the nature of his adventures too fully formed in my head, if you get me. Because of that he's most likely not the best of characters to have in a shared creation.

Well, I've made a great start, haven't I? Bleah.