Green Thumb (IC)

Raveled

Gwen tumbled out of the way of Targeter's bullets, but a few passed through the vines as she did. Gwen let out a scream which echoed the one that pulsed in her head. The vines as a whole recoiled in pain and Gwen could feel their agony, she buckled slightly. The injured vines pulled back into Gwen's body and disappeared into the baseflower on her shoulder. Gwen gritted her teeth and steadied her footing. Shaking her head she set her eyes on Targeter and groaned in a pain that the vines themselves could not express.

Catalyst could glance under the van towards the oncoming silver woman as well as the woman in green hitting the red headed girl. She signed as she reached in one of her pouches and set the balls in the gun. With a quick spray from under the van she hit right at the silver womans feet, but instead of an attack there was a deep thick fog that covered not only the silver woman but Catalyst and the redheaded woman and targetter as well. It might not be effective for long, but it did buy her time, and that's what she needed right now.

GM

The smoke pellet rapidly filled the area, shrouding the entire area and making the fighters blind. Steelshanks spun in place, her heavy feet resounding as they pounded the pavement. "Stupid kid," she muttered, groping through the smoke as she strode forward again. "Stupid kid with their stupid toys and their stupid, stupid cars. When I find you, I'm gonna crush you!" Unfortunately, only Catalyst could see that the metal woman was, in fact, walking in entirely the wrong direction.

Targeter let out a scream of frustration, firing her weapon into the mists in short bursts. She didn't hit anything, though; how could she, when she couldn't see anything?

Gwen could hear the sound of the gun firing again but the shots sounded like they went in the other direction. She prayed that the other person was not injured and she began to slink around. More of the Vines edged off Gwen's skin and crept out into the fog, feeling around for anything but finding a whole lot of nothing. Gwen found herself frustrated and swore under her breath. The Vines blossomed large pink star flowers heavy with pollen in the middle of them. She intended to knock these women unconscious.

Switching rounds Catalyst lay on her side under the van with her gun as she glanced out at the confused Steelshanks who had managed to turn herself around. Good, it meant she wouldn't have to think about taking that woman at close range. Peeling off another acid round she saw it veer way off past the larger woman and hitting the pavement. She supressed her disappointment as she prepared for her ammo for her next try.

GM

Steelshanks continued to lurch through the fog almost at random, swinging her massive steel hands but not hitting anything. Targeter's weapon clacked suddenly as it ran out of bullets and the bolt locked open. She grumbled beneath her breath, reaching into her vest. She pulled out what looked to Catalyst like a cigarette case; opening it, she took out an oblong object, snapped in it half, and flung both halves in opposite directions. The small objects clattered off the ground, then suddenly exploded in gouts of flame and smoke!

Despite the mask the woman had thrown her Gwen could not see through the fog that had rolled around them. She swore under her breath. We have to find one of them. Gwen stated and the Vines extended out from Gwen's legs, they snaked around the ground seeking a target. Branches split off covering the ground like a net. Finally they hit. It was Steelshanks and immediately the vines around her blossomed large lavender starflowers. The pollen from the flowers should have knocked someone out cold-- however it seemed that the large metal woman was not affected. "Shoot" Gwen let out when she didn't hear a thud.

The bang of the grenade got Catalyst to her feet, though it took her a second to do so completely she was back on the side of the truck loading up another round. The fog was still in place, that was good. She watched the red head girl try and attack the metal woman. Good, she was alright. The source of the grenade was the obvious target, the woman in green. She was the biggest obsticle now that the silver woman was weakened greatly. She steadied the gun and aimed at the woman in green with a smile,

"Here's payback you green witch."

GM

Targeter pulled another capsule from the box and prepared to throw hit; Catalyst's markers hit her at just the right moment, causing her to bobble the throw and drop it at her own feet. The woman in the green vest dived to one side and avoided most of the blast, but she ended up prone on the ground, covered in dust, coughing her lungs up. Steelshanks straightened up, triangulating on the sound. She stamped through the fog, moving closer to Catalyst's van by accident as much as anything else.

Gwen's vines continued to snake around the street and after a few moments they found a hold again. The vines had crept right up to one of the women. It was the steel woman again who had wandered into the Vines. They reared back and Gwen heard the satisfying thwack of the Vines contacting metal skin. She let out a small sound of triumph. She looked around to try and get an eye on the other woman but so far had no luck locating her.

It was a hit, but she still didn't go down. It looked like the red haired girl was trying to see the steel woman go down as well. Maybe some assistance would be good. The steel woman had made some progress towards the van, and honestly she was in no condition to be running away from such a thing. No, she needed medical treatment, some bullet extraction and a good long sleep but the job wasn't done yet. Things needed to end, and the metal woman would be a good start, at least if she would go down. She trailed the barrel taking her time to keep the shots away from the vines of the red haired girl, she doubted she'd like to get any acid on them. Taking her shoot she hit the figure in the mist and hoped it would put the steel woman down.

GM

The chemical rounds traced up the steel woman's torso, splashing into her eyes. That got a sudden reaction as Steelshanks stopped cold and pawed at her eyes, improbable tears flowing down her cold metal cheeks. "Ah! That... ah, that really stings!" The woman in the green vest whipped her head around and triangulated on her partner's position quickly, She fished in her vest for another magazine -- and came up blank. Swearing, she pushed herself to her feet and stumbled towards the other woman, slowing down just at the last second.

Targeter wrapped one arm around the larger woman and fumbled an oblong box from her belt. "You haven't heard the last of us, heroes," she shouted into the fog, aiming her voice vaguely in Catalyst's direction. The suited heroine saw Targeter mutter something else, then there was a flare of light, a wave of overpressure, and they were gone.

Catalyst pulled up her scope to zoom in on them, she could vaguely make out the lips saying something about regrouping. This was a group then? That was a bit of a scary thought. Why would they attack a community garden though? Letting out a breath she took a second to just sit there and let herself remember she was in pain and bleeding. After that she pulled herself around the van and into the cab.

It took maybe thirty seconds to drive the car down to the red head girl's side. She turned her lights on high so the girl could see her coming at least a little bit in the fog, but as thorough as she made it it was probably just two dots getting closer, when she found the girl she kept her distance,

"They're gone, I don't know where, but the fog will clear in a minute or two. You want a lift to the hospital? I honestly think I could use some treatment myself."

Gwen looked down at the Vines, they started retracting into her skin and all the way back to the baseflower. We ok! they chimed, although not with all their usual cheer. "No, thank you though. I..." Gwen looked down at the gash in her leg, it wasn't bad. She could bandage it herself. "I'll be fine I think." Gwen waved her hand. "I'm Flora, nice working with you." Gwen looked around tried to find the lot she left her clothes in. "I need to get back to the lot and make sure the civilians there are safe."

"I'd agree with you there, but there are no civilians there. They all scattered once the smoke came up, even the news crew which I guess makes sense because you can't very well report on something you can't see now can you."

Reaching over to the other side was painful, but she hid the expression best she could under the mask which was really very easy considering how little of her face was visible,

"I'll give you a ride over there though if you'd like to be there when the fog clears. Otherwise I don't think you'll make much headway, I worked really hard to make this fog almost completely unnavigatable, which for my purposes is fine but for getting around afterwards is a bit tricky for most people. Good thing there's only a minute or two before it starts to dissolve."

• 2 weeks later...

Gwen shook her head, red locks coming free of a vine who had began to loosen its hold on her curls. "Please, get yourself to a medic and get your wounds treated. My vines and I shall be fine. They can navigate well enough across the pavement to the lot." With that the Vines let out tendrils and began to crawl across the ground like ivy vines would head out across a building. " 'sides, I've got one heck of a mess to clean up in there so that the parks project can continue." Gwen cringed at the thought of the car in the middle of the freshly turned earth. Maybe get help the Vines noted. Yeah, maybe. Gwen agreed. With that she waved a free hand headed off to where the Vines were pulling her.