Sleeping Worms(OOC, Open)

Ari

Right, right, sorry. A large three-bladed guillotine is about to crash down on the spot where the entry to the side-tunnel is. The powerful wind displacement would suck Jeena straight into the blade if she wasn't able to shelter herself from it. If you Interpose you run the risk of being hit by the blades as they begin to retract and break off from the rod holding them.

Insubstantial Rank 2: (UP pg60)

Rank 2: You become a cloud of gas or fine particles. You have

no effective Strength in gaseous form, but you are immune to

physical damage. Energy and area attacks still affect you nor-

mally. You can flow through any opening that is not airtight.

You can use your various other effects normally.

I elect to not re-roll, thanks ;)

EDIT: Assuming it's physical damage, and I am immune, that is.

So me in my gaseous for will get rush out of a small pipe near Jeena's location, and then get sucked into the way instead of her.

I think that in this case we should say that Zach's Interpose is either A) carried out, with him placing himself between some other peril than the the potential crash(as you said, Jeena did make the DEX save) which I can BS into existence, B: we ignore the DEX save and I Fiat that Jeena still stands in peril(this has loads of problems and is unoptimal) allowing Zach to carry out his Interpose as normal, or C), Zach's Interpose leads to a Comedic Situation where he 'saves' Jeena from the blades even though she already managed to avoid danger.

As I'm hardly the most experienced player, I'll defer to your and Quote's judgement as to which(if any) of these options best suits you.

With interpose, the original target strictly does not even roll to save. All saves are placed on the character interposing. If the 'attack' hits the interposing character, resolve as normal. If it misses, it also misses it's original target. So there should be no reason RAW for Jeena to have to save, excepting GM Fiat, that is ;)

That said, I propose the following comical resolution: While Jeena was going to avoid the trap, Zach assumed she would not be able to. He rushes from hiding to protect his sister, and moves her away as the blades cut through his gaseous form. He then realizes he's just given the twins away to the group of heroes assembled. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Okie dokie. Now for the first round it's going to be a surprise round, as the thugs aren't likely to be aware of Cubic and Covalent's existence just yet. So fire away.

Meanwhile, I'd like a Strength check(DC 20) from Mala Suerte, Revenant and King of Suits to keep a metal gate from closing in front of them, or a Dexterity check to get past it by rolling/diving/what have you, or whatever else you see fit to do. Said gate is connected to two others that are beginning to block the main and other walkway.

Well, Cubic acts before Covalent, but while I'm thinking about it, I'm going to put up my OOC actions for approval so we can get things moving once it's actually my turn.

Covalent

Free Action: Maintain all necessary powers

Move Action: Fly up to a guard nearest a central location

Free Action: Switch to Dense Form

Standard Action: Attack! Stunning Attack, All out Attack 5, DC 30 Fort (1d20+10=28)

Heritage, I'd like to recommend that you keep Cubic within 30 feet of Covalent, so that he may interpose for anything coming her way (he has no movement powers in Dense Form, so he can't save her if she's very far away).

EDIT: He'll also send a mental message back to the others if Cubic doesn't already take care of that on her turn.