Ref for "Another Road" in Riverside?

shazam

Sure thing - what were you thinking? Is this going to be a glorious return (battling a dangerous villain downtown), or something a little more subtle (helping a kid escape the bullies after her)? I'm down either way, I just want to help craft the story you're looking for.

If it's the former, do you want the story to involve some evil from your past? Something to herald a possible future return of Apep? Perhaps, in true Shazam style, there could be another who was chosen? Only this child has taken to use the powers for evil (as you say in your back story, 10-year-olds were pure of heart... back in the day). Could be that this new champion was chosen because you refused to use the power yourself, and now, because of the haste brought on by some other evil threatening the Egyptian parthenon, they chose quickly and poorly.

But I'm getting ahead of myself - the story is very much yours. You've got the power in your corner, now - some heavy ammunition in your camp....etc

Sure thing - what were you thinking? Is this going to be a glorious return (battling a dangerous villain downtown), or something a little more subtle (helping a kid escape the bullies after her)? I'm down either way, I just want to help craft the story you're looking for.

If it's the former, do you want the story to involve some evil from your past? Something to herald a possible future return of Apep? Perhaps, in true Shazam style, there could be another who was chosen? Only this child has taken to use the powers for evil (as you say in your back story, 10-year-olds were pure of heart... back in the day). Could be that this new champion was chosen because you refused to use the power yourself, and now, because of the haste brought on by some other evil threatening the Egyptian parthenon, they chose quickly and poorly.

But I'm getting ahead of myself - the story is very much yours. You've got the power in your corner, now - some heavy ammunition in your camp....etc

Captain Wonder hates bullies! See Amazing Comics #40 "Cap vs. the Hooligans!" Sep. 1943

After fifty-seven years of abstinence, I very much like the idea that Captain Wonder's return is over something as minor as a little kid getting picked on by bigger kids. Fred Fawcett had enough willpower to sit out the Terminus Invasion, but some things are important!

Of course, these days it's much harder for someone to speak a magic word, explode with the Light of Ra, then scarper without someone taking a few pictures.

And then, as he'd always expected, once he goes back to the old ways, there's no going back...

(I also like the idea of his 'successor' not being up to snuff. Perhaps one of the kids he chases away as Captain Wonder gets picked as the champion of a different breed of Egyptian gods, giving a Kid Miracleman antagonist to the Golden Age Captain Marvel protagonist. And a reason to interact (with some mixed emotions) with other supers! Hmm hmm.)

Captain Wonder hates bullies! See Amazing Comics #40 "Cap vs. the Hooligans!" Sep. 1943

After fifty-seven years of abstinence, I very much like the idea that Captain Wonder's return is over something as minor as a little kid getting picked on by bigger kids. Fred Fawcett had enough willpower to sit out the Terminus Invasion, but some things are important!

Of course, these days it's much harder for someone to speak a magic word, explode with the Light of Ra, then scarper without someone taking a few pictures.

And then, as he'd always expected, once he goes back to the old ways, there's no going back...

(I also like the idea of his 'successor' not being up to snuff. Perhaps one of the kids he chases away as Captain Wonder gets picked as the champion of a different breed of Egyptian gods, giving a Kid Miracleman antagonist to the Golden Age Captain Marvel protagonist. And a reason to interact (with some mixed emotions) with other supers! Hmm hmm.)

Great! That gives us a good direction.

Does this mean that you want his secret I.D exposed, or just the fact that Captain Wonder is back in action? I don't want to take away all the surprise, but I also don't want to paste your face on billboards all over town without your consent.

...a Kid Miracleman antagonist to the Golden Age Captain Marvel protagonist...

My thoughts exactly. Although, just a thought now, what if the child was chosen, not by Egyptian Gods, but by the modern Gods (as seen in Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods'). So, the parthenon of the Internet, Television, Money... etc

In any case, I'll post in the thread later today. Looking forward to it.

Does this mean that you want his secret I.D exposed, or just the fact that Captain Wonder is back in action? I don't want to take away all the surprise, but I also don't want to paste your face on billboards all over town without your consent.

My thoughts exactly. Although, just a thought now, what if the child was chosen, not by Egyptian Gods, but by the modern Gods (as seen in Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods'). So, the parthenon of the Internet, Television, Money... etc

The latter, the latter. Though I _did_ always wonder how Billy Batson managed to get hit by a lightning bolt and turn into a superhero without anyone noticing... ;) There's no immediate reason why anyone would recognize Fred Fawcett, semi-retired Memphis architect, unless of course it serves a good story.

(He has been to Freedom City in his civilian ID before, when he helped Alexander Rhodes build the Pyramid Plaza and Langston Albright the Institute. They were both much more successful than their former comrade-in-arms, and gave work to his Memphis firm.)

Ooh, that'd also be fun. Fred would be suitably appalled. 8-)

The latter, the latter. Though I _did_ always wonder how Billy Batson managed to get hit by a lightning bolt and turn into a superhero without anyone noticing... ;) There's no immediate reason why anyone would recognize Fred Fawcett, semi-retired Memphis architect, unless of course it serves a good story.

(He has been to Freedom City in his civilian ID before, when he helped Alexander Rhodes build the Pyramid Plaza and Langston Albright the Institute. They were both much more successful than their former comrade-in-arms, and gave work to his Memphis firm.)

Just to say, if you guys are still looking for/wanting another pc hero to show up at some point, I can swing Emissary on by if no one else takes you up on it.

And his trusty sidekick Celestia. :D

Seriously though, if she would be one too many, just say so. My feelings won't be hurt. :)

Just to say, if you guys are still looking for/wanting another pc hero to show up at some point, I can swing Emissary on by if no one else takes you up on it.

Seriously though, if she would be one too many, just say so. My feelings won't be hurt. :)