Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GranspearZX

Highway Robbery (OOC)

Recommended Posts

OOC thread for the IC thread of the same name.

A simple traffic accident--although in Freedom City, nothing is ever, ever simple...

Share this post


Link to post

Supercape probably has no problem seeing that there's radiation burns all over the truck--lots of them.

Furthermore, whatever shot at the truck seems to have shot the last car in the pile-up as well--a single shot, right through the top of the hood. The only way to really see it is because of the latent radiation rising from where it hit.

Share this post


Link to post

OK, switching array to "Quantum Hole" and ESP inside the Ambulance. Its concentration duration so he can't make a search check but its just to use his radar senses inside.

So that's effectively a Radar (which would pick up the shapes inside, like how many people), and detects all electromagnetic (so radiation, electricity, radio waves, etc.) Yes, Supercape has a lot of PP punmped into supersenses (I think the most in FC!)

The senses are accurate, acute, and analytical.

If a notice check is pertinent: 1d20+10=11 pffah! time to pump up that skill!

Share this post


Link to post

Aaaand here we are at combat!

Still feel like I don't know what I'm doing, but oh well! *crosses fingers*

So there's a dozen bikers vs. Supercape. Epic battle ensues. Initiative rolls!

[Not sure if I'm supposed to roll collectively for the bikers, but it DOES seem a lot simpler that way. Using the thug template from the MnM handbook, BTW.]

1d20+1=12

Share this post


Link to post

Indeed! And since I forgot:

(20:49:33) System: GranspearZX rolls 1d20 and gets 10.

+11, giving Caliber 21!

Initiative order, then, is

Caliber :: 21

Supercape :: 17

M.C. Maulers :: 12

And Caliber's not even attacking, leaving it Supercape's action next. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Alright, here we go:

The Motor City Maulers--8 of them, at least, since Supercape is surrounded--are using a combined attack. Vs. an effective DC18:

1d20+2=15, 1d20+2=17, 1d20+2=18, 1d20+2=3, 1d20+2=17, 1d20+2=3, 1d20+2=20, 1d20+2=7

Only 3 of them out of the 8 manage to hit him. Can't find good goons nowadays... *cough*

If I've done this right, that means a DC16 TOU save is necessary. I don't even think that gets past SC's Force Field. ...hm.

Share this post


Link to post

1d20+16=18 Insects! ;)

Right, Supercape will respond with a low level localised Atomic Blast centred around them.

Perception range so no to hit rolls or indeed reflex rolls (see, I am making it easy!).

I will leave it up to you to decide how big or small the blast is. Each 1 Rank of the power is 5' Radius. I would have thought he probably couldn't go above a Rank 6 power (30' Radius) without causing significant colateral damage, but thats your GM call. I'll just say he uses an atomic blast that he thinks is small enough to limit collateral damage. [i'd guess around Rank 4-6]

So thats DC (whatever - ?20) for all the thugs?

Share this post


Link to post

DC20 sounds good to me:

Roll beyond the link: 2/12 20s, so the 30' blast just took out all but two. Only collateral damage would be the bikes. Poor guys.

Share this post


Link to post

Caliber's up, and he just threw a Smoke Grenade (DC15 vs. Fort, visual Dazzle)!

(It occurs to me, as well, that I forgot to put that in his DC block. D'oh.)

Share this post


Link to post

As per chat, no saves vs. obscure! but SC has accurate acute mental and radar senses - try escaping that!

So, in the spirit of doing ineffective things, he will launch a might radiation blast against his opponent!

DC...but wait!

Immune!!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Dum Dum Daaa!

Switching Array then, putting up a circular wall of quantum material around the hostage and bike. Perception range attack, although they get reflex save to swerve away (I guess you could substitute drive skill in these circumstances? dunno...)

Share this post


Link to post

Drive works!

Drive: (1d20+4=7)

Definitely not good enough. So the lone rider is now trapped inside... and Caliber's not happy about it. So... he surrenders. Kinda.

DC 20 Bluff/Sense Motive check please (as Caliber is attempting to create a diversion). :)

Share this post


Link to post

No worries; it's been rather hectic with me as well. :)

Alexander Umbridge is an accountant. Not the entirely legal kind, however... His name is tied to several criminal enterprises--nothing that can be attributed to him directly, but he's been known to give legal and financial advice to plenty of criminals. He's got plenty of underworld contacts, and an even longer list of people who might want to do him bodily harm.

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×